Daily check in

Options

Replies

• auburn3535
    auburn3535 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Monica - you got me laughing. TOM too funny. I haven't had TOM in 1 year.
  • lambie14
    lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Posted on here in the summer, still trying to lose the weight! Currently 132 trying to get to 125...why are the last 7 small pounds so hard? I lost 5lbs (127lb woohoo! ) due to a stressful move/break up this autumn then regained it all in a month! Lost it again in November/December thanks to a bout of pneumonia but regained it all over Christmas. I struggle to keep my calories in check with social events and an unpredictable schedule. My goal this month is to strengthen my "no" muscle and practice declining desserts/wine etc.
    It's really comforting to find others on here with similar struggles...hopefully we'll all be at our goal weight this spring! :)

• DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Auburn : Sounds like its been a crazy few days! I hope your mom is ok? When life gets really nuts, try to be happy with maintenance just for a week. And don't let the daily weigh ins mess with your head too much, those fluctuations aren't always real! Yeah, we have to make this happen. So, if you want to find a middle ground (beating it or giving in) you could try making your summertime goal more modest--say 130? My goal is already pretty light--1/2 pound loss per week. You need to get on with working out more; I've got the exercise covered, I think, just need to eat less! What is your workout plan for the weekend?

Monica: Yeah, it was not a good weekend for me either. Don't give up; Looking back on it, when I have had successful weight loss, it is after months of failure, and finally something clicks. Never give up! (After my first child was born, I went from 160 to 120, in a year, but for the first 6 months I lost nothing and then finally got on with it. With my second child (he's 2 1/2!) it is taking even longer, but I'm not giving up yet)

Welcome back lambie! I too, was 127 before the holidays, and am now 135!

So, I've been pretty good the past two days. Was a little over yesterday, but it was a no exercise day. I was a little under on Tuesday. I only have 1-2 days each week when I don't exercise, so being just a little over, if I can be a little under on a couple other days, isn't bad. I've cut back on the nibbling, which is my major problem. As for baking, it is something my two year old loves to do with me. I can't give it up, and I don't think it's possible not to get into some of that batter. So my plan is to keep it to a small amount and track it. And for the most part, I am not baking dessert, but baking healthy muffins and banana bread for my husband to take to work for breakfast. So it's not too much of a temptation once it's baked, but that batter gets me every time!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Well I have good news about yesterday !!! I managed to eat right and logged a TON of exercise from work and a nice hike. Now I just need to continue and hopefully the scale gods will reward me in a couple days. o:)

Auburn ... I am jelouse of you being done with TOM .. I can't wait till it is gone for good !

• auburn3535
    Options
    Welcome back Lambie. Looking forward to getting to know you. My mom is stable for now. Dana thanks for suggesting to lower my goal to 130. You are right. Smaller goals more likely to be successful. Thank you for asking me what my exercise goal is for this weekend because I didn't have one. Now I want to do something because you have called me out. I will use the elliptical this weekend. Now I know the challenge is in my head and I will have to report to you that I did it. Thanks Dana. Dana stay away from the batter. If you start to eat too much batter think of me in your head saying Dana put the batter down now!! Monica you are inspiring me as well with all your exercising. No TOM is awesome!!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Great job Monica! I saw your hike log in my news feed and am blown away by your calorie burn! I am sure the scale will reward you :)

Auburn, yes, I am calling you on it, so report back to me on that elliptical! And we will be baking muffins today for a playgroup, so you are right to call me on that. I will hear your voice in my head...

Yesterday I was a little over, but that can't continue. I have to do better today, which will be hard cuz I am hosting a playgroup here, and that means snacks. So I have to commit to having some restraint today.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Yesterday I did good, but today will be tough. My 4 year old is having a sleep regression; we've been up since 4:30 (and not for the first time during this past week), and I am exhausted. We also have a couples night out tonight, for dinner. Maybe I will pass out in my soup and not have to worry about eating.
  • auburn3535
    Options
    Dana - tough with no sleep. Hang in there. Don't give up to tired temptation. I DID IT.
    I did 30 min with a exercise routine called FitStar and 30 min on Elliptical. I was very slow, stiff, burned out quickly. A always feel great after doing it. Plan on doing it tomorrow.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Dana ... Sorry to hear about your 4yr old not letting you sleep. Hope things get easier for you.

Auburn.. Way to go !!

Things have been fairly "normal" for me. Food and exercise has been mostly good. I am hoping the scale will be down at least another lb. for tomorrows weigh in though. Really need to push it today !
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Great job Auburn! Monica, I hope the scale gives you good news today :)

I weighed in at 133.2, down 1.8 pounds from last week :) So very happy news there. I did pretty good with the batter--ate a little, and logged it as 1/2 muffin. I did not give in to tired temptation this time, but clung to my diet as the one thing I can control, when things with the kids get tough. Its a good mindset that has helped me diet through much of the sleep deprivation that comes with having small kids!

Daughter has a stomach bug since last night, was up with her alot. Spending an hour in the middle of the night changing bedsheets and washing floors is also hungry work and means major midnight snack for me, so I have to be really good today now. So things are not getting easier at night, and if the bug goes through the whole family, we are in for a rough week. Could mean some easy weight loss for me though!
  • auburn3535
    Options
    Dana -Congratulations for weight going down to 133.2. Can't imagine if the whole house gets sick. Tough stuff to deal with.
    Monica - you are good to have a great week with food and exercise. Report in what the scale said.
    I weighed myself this morning 138. Very happy. Motivated now to go and exercise.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    The scale is not my friend today... But it wasn't to bad. Was hoping for a new loss not staying up that extra lb. So for the next week i will be working to get that number down to under the 130 mark. I should have been there earlier this week but NOPE dammit..

Well Dana i hope the whole family doesn't get the bug for your sake and theirs. Good going on the batter too.

Auburn keep at it. We know how tough it can be to get motivated and STAY motivated. But seeing a loss on the scale is always a good one.
  • lambie14
    lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dana, great work! Baking batter is a challenge for me too...I have given up baking for Lent to see if that helps break the habit. Hope the family is feeling better soon.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Great job Auburn! Monica, I hope to be joining you under 130 soon, though that is still a few pounds away... Lambie, I hope Lent helps you stay on track :)

I was a little over yesterday. I have nothing going on today, no excuses not be under my calories and exercise. I'd like to save a few calories.
  • auburn3535
    Options
    I was bad last night watching the Oscars. I drank 1/2 bottle red wine and 1/2 pint of ice-cream. That's all I'm saying.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Sorry Auburn; one bad day is ok, don't let it become a bad week! I was a little over yesterday, not terrible. Today I go to work, so I need to manage the catered lunch. I plan to have very small portions.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Ok, I was a bit over the past couple days. I have a few days for weight in so I need to stay under my calories today.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    I have done well on my calories the last few days but, i have NOT done well with my sodium intake and that is KILLING my weight. I have a challenge weigh in on Sunday so i need to REALLY work on taking in more water and cutting back my sodium.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Monica, how was your weigh-in? Sodium causes bloating, but at least it doesn't cause fat :) so if it made your weight up, it should come back down easily.

I weight in yesterday at 133.6, 1/2 pound up. I will not meet my goal if I don't step up. I have a weekend getaway in Stowe this weekend, so I'd really like to drop a pound this week.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Dana.. I held steady. Was hoping for a loss. :'( But so far this week things are looking up or should i say down...LOL Just hope it continues in that direction. I can't believe how hard it is to lose 10 measly pounds !!! Anyway hope you can meet your goal for your getaway.