Daily check in

Options
1252627282931»

Replies

• DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Monica; I'm sorry you are frustrated. I am too--my son is almost 3, and I have yet to see the weight I was before I had him. And it is that last 10-15 I can't get rid of! Hang in there, and I know you can make those numbers go down :)

I have been pretty good this week, mostly around goal. I was over yesterday but it was no no-workout day, so that is expected. I feel like my clothes are feeling tight though, so I am not sure my efforts are paying off. I have been doing some estimating/guessing, and it's possible I've eaten more calories than I tracked. I am a little bummed about this weekend--I will be seeing people I haven't seen in many years--since I was thinner! So I will try to tighten my belt today--it's the last day before the weekend festivities will start.
  • auburn3535
    auburn3535 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Dana and Monica. The last 10-15 lbs is so hard to loose. That's why we keep trying. Dana I bet you will have fun this weekend seeing old friends. You will feel motivated when you return. Dana I love seeing your picture. Very beautiful. I have not exercised, logged food or weighed myself in awhile. I'm not discouraged. I know this is a part of my life. Take care talk soon.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Auburn: how are things going? I'm glad you are not discouraged. It's true, this is how life goes. I've been known to go through months of low motivation, but eventually, I've always reached my goal eventually (then Christmas comes along, and it's back up again, but that's life, as you said!) Something eventually clicks with me, and I do it--I'm sure it will happen for you.

I had a weekend away, where I ate alot. But I also skied, which helped. I have been over for the past two days, so I need to get back on track. I haven't been able to work out much this week either. Considering the amount I have been over, I am actually eating less than usual, which is good, but haven't been earning the exercise points. I have to get this balance right!
  • auburn3535
    Options
    Dana, well said. I am in a very low motivation high sugar/carb mode. I have said to let this ride itself out because your right it does click back in when your ready to feed your body healthy foods and move your body that wonderful balance we are all striving. I'm waiting to get this job change at work, my mom's health decline and this winter weather are my 3 stress go to excuses. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much. Lets get this balance right because we know it feels soooooo good when we do.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I think we are all going through the same cycle right now in terms of motivation..LOL I have been doing OK but not nearly what i should be doing. I am fighting to get my fitbit steps in most days and i have been eating on the unhealthy side of things too. This weekend is a rainy one so not sure how i'm gonna deal with that. Guess i need to use my sworkit app like i was planing too and never started on.

Well I hope you 2 can manage to pull yourselves up and get motivated soon. I will be right there with you doing my best to keep up.
  • auburn3535
    Options
    Monica and Dana we are like the 3 musketeers!!!!!!. I finally did well with food yesterday because I have been so over stuffed past 2-3 weeks. I am feeling my body is getting stiff and old age pains setting in. I feel the need to start moving. I am hopefully going to hear about a change in position at my job that I need desperately. Monica, not sure If I told you I like your picture. Very beautiful. It's nice to see what you look like. I'm glad you guys are around. Makes me feel not so miserable with food, exercise,weight body stuff.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Thanks Auburn. :)

Its always nice to have other people to talk to that are going through a lot of the same things . I never new the last few lbs could be so tough...LOL
    I have finally decided to drop the chard for a while. I do believe that has been a major falt of mine. I am hoping that will make the difference. So my diet will be less winey and more foody ..lol
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Glad you had a good day auburn :) Monica isn't chard a vegetable?

I have had my hands full this past week, both kids got stomach bugs. I've done ok diet wise but dk if it is good enough to see a loss. I went to fancy dinner party last night and was bummed that so many of my nice clothes don't fit me. I'm trying to use this to motivate me--I refuse to give up on my pre-children closet.

Hopefully we can all find our motivation this spring!
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    DanaW13 wrote: »
    Glad you had a good day auburn :) Monica isn't chard a vegetable?

I have had my hands full this past week, both kids got stomach bugs. I've done ok diet wise but dk if it is good enough to see a loss. I went to fancy dinner party last night and was bummed that so many of my nice clothes don't fit me. I'm trying to use this to motivate me--I refuse to give up on my pre-children closet.

Hopefully we can all find our motivation this spring!

I wish my chard was a veggie ...Lol. But I chose the one that is fermented and loaded with alcohol... Haha.
    Sorry bout the kids. Hope that passes soon. I am stick on the same size and a very small wardrobe too. The only thing I have on my side is we don't do too much on the fancy outings.
    Well at least we all have the time on our side to get it done... Lol.