JULY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes! I rolled the thread! I've never done that before. I was starting to wonder if I messed up. I was suddenly the only post on the thread. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandria - congrats on the rollover! :drinker:

4 miles. Tried five 1/10 mile running intervals - so far the hip is behaving.

exercise.png
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted until now.....

7/1 - swam 600 yards = .3 miles
    7/2 - swam 2000 yards = 1.1 miles
    7/3 - ran 4.4 miles
    7/12 - triathlon - swam .3 miles, run to transition .2 miles, biked 16.8 miles, run 3.4 miles

26.5 / 80 miles done!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    1.64 mile walk/jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes

exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    7/13 23.71 miles mtb, mtd 185.97
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yesterday biked 5 miles, today ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile and biked 6.8 miles

July - 46.1 out of 100 miles

exercise.png
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Back from a week in Yellowstone Park and vicinity. What a great thing that America invented the idea of National Parks! But I forgot to wear my pedometer on several days, so I can only report 9.92 miles for the week.

July total so far = 30.19.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Dave, we need to get you insomnia pills. :laugh: :laugh:
    I don't know what you're talking about, Dean.... :wink::bigsmile:

KAR328 - Glad the hip is behaving and you were able to run! Mine has been doing better lately as well until I rode the stationary bike for an hour today. That angered it just a little. :noway:

JENNIFERTSMITH - Congrats on the Triathlon!! :drinker:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Well I attempted to ride my first half century. I was riding my usual pal, my mountain bike. I failed. In the first 13 miles I went down 3 times, my shoe cleats were a total nightmare. In the 3 falls I pulled a muscle in my left hip. I rode an additional 25 miles before the twisted shoe cleat, pain and heat exhaustion finally claimed me. I was 14 miles short. My son finished the event, but medically they would not let me continue, not that I would have gotten far anyway. At lease I was able to ride across the finish line and get my cancer survivor gift. I am feeling real low today.

07/08 - 14.00 miles biking
    07/09 - 1.5 miles walking
    07/10 - 6.0 miles biking high altitude
    07/11 - 9.0 miles biking high altitude
    07/12 - 36.0 miles biking Tour Des Chutes Cancer Ride Total elevation change 2890 feet
    07/13 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 146.5 miles

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    3.11 miles walked today

57.76 miles walked to date
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    MTD 67.3

cLwwm5.png
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So sorry your ride didn't turn out well. I hope both your body and spirit heal quickly. Glad that your son was there with you and that you were able to get your survivor gift. Just signing up for the half century and doing it on a mountain bike is a big undertaking! Serious respect coming from here and many others I suspect!!

Well I attempted to ride my first half century. I was riding my usual pal, my mountain bike. I failed. In the first 13 miles I went down 3 times, my shoe cleats were a total nightmare. In the 3 falls I pulled a muscle in my left hip. I rode an additional 25 miles before the twisted shoe cleat, pain and heat exhaustion finally claimed me. I was 14 miles short. My son finished the event, but medically they would not let me continue, not that I would have gotten far anyway. At lease I was able to ride across the finish line and get my cancer survivor gift. I am feeling real low today.

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    KAR328 - Glad the hip is behaving and you were able to run! Mine has been doing better lately as well until I rode the stationary bike for an hour today. That angered it just a little. :noway:

We'll see. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic, last time I rested it I was able to run for about a week before the pain returned. But on a brighter note, my Fitbit is still working :laugh:

Hoping not to sound rude but are you crazy? Look at how much you accomplished! And how you didn't give up mentally, you kept going until you had to stop physically. I get that it's a disappointment but you should also be incredibly proud of yourself for doing all that. It's impressive.

:flowerforyou:
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    7/1 - swam 600 yards = .3 miles
    7/2 - swam 2000 yards = 1.1 miles
    7/3 - ran 4.4 miles
    7/10 - walked 2.6 miles
    7/12 - triathlon - swam .3 miles, run to transition .2 miles, biked 16.8 miles, run 3.4 miles
    7/13 - walked 1.2 miles

30.3 / 80 miles done!

thank you darkrider42!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,853 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Sunday 7/13

(Exercise bike 30.12 miles & walk 1.25 miles)

**total 31.37 miles for today

***386.01 miles done and 413.99 miles to go...
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 1.3 miles
    July 2 - 1.0 miles
    July 3 - 1.6 miles
    July 4 - 3.25 miles
    July 5 - 3.33 miles
    July 6 - 2.0 miles
    July 7 - 1.4 miles
    July 8 - 4.8 miles
    July 9 - 0.85 miles
    july 10 - 0.67 miles
    July 11 - 4.13 miles
    July 12 - 1.03 miles
    July 13 - 4.15 miles

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    1.25 mile walk today.

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    It was beautiful this morning...then it got really, really hot...then they said 100s tomorrow!! Egad! Walked with my husband and grandpup this morning...then went off by myself for a faster walk...then did more steps in the air conditioned family room!!!

11.38 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Monday...I took the day off work so I plan to!

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It was beautiful this morning...then it got really, really hot...then they said 100s tomorrow!! Egad! Walked with my husband and grandpup this morning...then went off by myself for a faster walk...then did more steps in the air conditioned family room!!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday...I took the day off work so I plan to!

Chris

Nice job. I don't know how you do that in the heat.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Anaconda - I think that's pretty darn impressive! I know you are feeling down. However, you need to put this in perspective. How many other people do you know personally who could have gotten as far as you did? That puts you in a select group of people. Besides, a Half Century on a mountain bike is REALLY tough! There's a reason they don't ride them in the Tour de France. That makes your ride even more impressive. You did good. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.