clepant Posts: 3,410 Member
    Options
    July 13: 8 miles walking and cycling

TTD: 130 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,410 Member
    Options
    Well I attempted to ride my first half century. I was riding my usual pal, my mountain bike. I failed. In the first 13 miles I went down 3 times, my shoe cleats were a total nightmare. In the 3 falls I pulled a muscle in my left hip. I rode an additional 25 miles before the twisted shoe cleat, pain and heat exhaustion finally claimed me. I was 14 miles short. My son finished the event, but medically they would not let me continue, not that I would have gotten far anyway. At lease I was able to ride across the finish line and get my cancer survivor gift. I am feeling real low today.

While you may feel low, you did something most people would never attempted. Failing is not finishing. You have failed when you never tried to begin with. You had some really bad circumstances so props to you for getting where you did.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    07/13 - 1.9mile walk w/ Cora

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 4.13 walking miles

exercise.png
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So sorry your ride didn't turn out well. I hope both your body and spirit heal quickly. Glad that your son was there with you and that you were able to get your survivor gift. Just signing up for the half century and doing it on a mountain bike is a big undertaking! Serious respect coming from here and many others I suspect!!

Well I attempted to ride my first half century. I was riding my usual pal, my mountain bike. I failed. In the first 13 miles I went down 3 times, my shoe cleats were a total nightmare. In the 3 falls I pulled a muscle in my left hip. I rode an additional 25 miles before the twisted shoe cleat, pain and heat exhaustion finally claimed me. I was 14 miles short. My son finished the event, but medically they would not let me continue, not that I would have gotten far anyway. At lease I was able to ride across the finish line and get my cancer survivor gift. I am feeling real low today.

exercise.png

Some serious respect coming from here too!
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Adding 1.3 miles.

exercise.png
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7/1: bicycling 16.85km
    7/3: bicycling 15.4km
    7/4: bicycling 19.22km
    7/5: bicycling 30.53km
    7/6: bicycling 24.08km
    7/7: bicycling 16.81km
    7/8: running 2.51km
    7/10: bicycling 31.92km
    7/11: bicycling 28.18km
    7/12: bicycling 17.33km
    7/14: bicycling 17.33km

Total: 220.16km
    Left: 79.84km

exercise.png
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A little progress...

exercise.png
    ]
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 6 miles

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So sorry your ride didn't turn out well. I hope both your body and spirit heal quickly. Glad that your son was there with you and that you were able to get your survivor gift. Just signing up for the half century and doing it on a mountain bike is a big undertaking! Serious respect coming from here and many others I suspect!!

exercise.png

((hugs)) I don't think I would have made it through the first 25 miles myself, and I haven't had the same health challenges that you have. I know you really wanted this, but what you have accomplished is very impressive. :flowerforyou:
  • runravirun
    runravirun Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    07/13 - 2 miles
    07/14 - 3 miles

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It looks like I took a break from posting this weekend. Added 14.5 miles over the last 3 days.

July total 91 miles. :bigsmile:

Deciding whether to dodge raindrops today. I think I might try.

exercise.png

Have a Good Monday Everyone!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    adding 10.17

exercise.png
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    July: - Goal 450 (14.52 m/d average)
    1st: 26.42 (23.4 bike)
    2nd: 9.58 (2.6 bike)
    3rd: 21.85 (16.9 bike)
    4th: 16.54 (10.5 bike)
    5th: 69.26 (67.8 bike)
    6th: 11.3 (8 bike)
    7th: 12 (9.5 bike)
    8th: 14.11 (12.4 bike)
    9th: 10.14 (5.5 bike)
    10th: 21.41 (18.8 bike)
    11th: 9.97 (4.2 bike)
    12th: 17.65 (16 bike)
    13th: 51.63 (50.2 bike) - Total: 291.84 / 158.16 to go (8.79 m/d average)

Finally bumped that daily mileage average down a few notches. Yesterday's ride I thought was ego deflating because I was dropped by the group before mile 4. But after reading Anaconda's post, my ride was ok. My hat is off to you Anaconda! I gave up my MTB because I couldn't push it around anymore. It was beating the heck out of my body. So that you were going for a half century riding one is amazing! Sorry to hear about all the falls and I hope you heal well and quickly.
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Updating...slow going this month. :ohwell:

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Another nice ride on the exercise bike on Saturday. Guess I underestimated by goal for the month. I'm not changing my goal, though. Just going to see how much I can get in this month.

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    3.2 mile walk/run. Still testing out the hip. My form may be getting better - the little bunny on the side of the trail didn't go fleeing into the woods like it usually does. :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Some serious respect coming from here too!

+1

I gave up my hybrid bike because I couldn't do longer distances and keep up with the road bikes. My mountain bike has been delegated to the trainer. I don't even take it out at all! I'd never consider longer distances on it!

Hoping for a speedy recovery!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    2 nice rides over the weekend for a total of 26ish miles

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Adding a 4 mile walk (in the sticky, yucky heat last night!) I will probably do my workout at the gym in the A/C today with our 100+ forecast

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.