JULY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    23.7 miles added tonight! 21 on the bike and 2.7 running.

exercise.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    07/14 - 2.7mile walk w/ Cora

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    4.5 miles of running/walking!

exercise.png
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Added 1.89 miles to raise July total to 32.08.
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    2.5 mile walk

14.3 / 60
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    The nice thing about a gloomy day is fewer bikes out on the trail. :smile: And I didn't get rained on either. :smile:

7 miles on the bike and 7 more miles walking.

July total 105 miles

exercise.png

I'm getting the miles in early this week because work is going to get in the way starting on Wednesday.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

ANACONDA469 - What an ordeal you encountered!!! Yet you still pushed through the pain .... several times. I definitely agree with everyone else that you have nothing to feel defeated about. You gave it one helluva shot and you should be proud. :drinker: Now you know what to watch out for and train for for next year. :)

Dave
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So this is the point in the month that some of you may be looking at your goal and looking at your progress and thinking "this is NOT going to happen. I QUIT :sad: " DON'T. Just don't quit. I know it gets frustrating seeing so much success and you aren't feeling so successful yourself. :cry: First, remember that most of us don't post when we don't move. So you are not alone in your struggles. Really.:flowerforyou: Second, progress is personal. My goals have increased since I began this challenge last year, but I know my 100 to 150 miles a month is not a possibility for some others. That's OK. Focus on your own goals and get as close as you can. And when you stumble (you will, I have and I don't know anyone who hasn't at least once) you can just get back up and start moving again. Just keep trying and keep moving. :flowerforyou: We will be here cheering you on. :flowerforyou:

I'm not ignoring all the good that's going on in the group here. :bigsmile: I just know that sometimes, you just need a hug and a push. :wink:

(Hey Dave, you may need to keep this and hit me over the head with it next January through April. :laugh: )
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 10.75 biking miles, along with 5.45 walking miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding another 33 miles. 350 out of 400. I'll have to increase my goal but I'm going to hit goal first. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Adding 3.8 miles today

exercise.png
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Slow progress

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    +6.48 mi run/ walk yesterday. It was HOT!

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    7/12 - 8 miles
    7/13 - 15 miles
    7/14 - 13 miles

107/230
  • runravirun
    runravirun Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    07/15 - 3 miles

exercise.png
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

exercise.png

3 today. My mild shin splint in one leg eased up. I still have a super sore thigh/butt muscle. Any ideas on how to stretch this area? I can't figure it out. It hurts from about halfway down my thigh up to my booty. Help! Been like this for weeks!
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another month - This time it's for the motivation to help keep me going (*been lacking it lately*).

Goal for July: 100 miles

July 1st: 10 miles (*Cycling*)
    July 1st: 1.5 miles (*Running*)
    July 7th: 4.0 miles (*Running*)
    July 9th: 12 miles (*Cycling*)
    July 9th: .5 miles (*Swimming*)
    July 11th-13th: 4.0 miles (*Walking*)

Total (*so far) = 32 miles
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options

exercise.png

3 today. My mild shin splint in one leg eased up. I still have a super sore thigh/butt muscle. Any ideas on how to stretch this area? I can't figure it out. It hurts from about halfway down my thigh up to my booty. Help! Been like this for weeks!

Oh no! Try these twice a day or at least once each time just before you run. It's a video I've shared out of my dropbox. Just use the weight of one leg for resistance. You don't need to push extra. do 15-20 reps each leg. It'll warm up and strengthen your shin.

http://tinyurl.com/shinwarmup

The stretches that are good for your hip area are the pigeon pose from yoga and the hurdler stretch. You can google those. The exercises that are good are lunges and something else HKRISTINE tipped me off to. Go to YouTube and search for "MYRTL coach Jay". It's a video of 12 strengthening exercises/stretches.

Good luck!
    Dave
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options

This has helped my recent thigh/hip issues. It's called The Pigeon Pose

http://www.brigiddineen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/pigeon_pose.jpg The bent leg is the one being stretched.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Well, the first half of July has been fantastic!

July 1-13 I have a whopping total of 48.92 miles and am pretty pleased with myself. :wink:

How has your July been treating you?
This discussion has been closed.