JULY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Run/walked 3.25 this morning before the heat and WIND!

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    2 mile walk and 2 mile run/walk since I last updated

Have a great weekend everyone!

exercise.png
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7/1: bicycling 16.85km
    7/3: bicycling 15.4km
    7/4: bicycling 19.22km
    7/5: bicycling 30.53km
    7/6: bicycling 24.08km
    7/7: bicycling 16.81km
    7/8: running 2.51km
    7/10: bicycling 31.92km
    7/11: bicycling 28.18km
    7/12: bicycling 17.33km
    7/14: bicycling 17.33km
    7/18: bicycling 26.12km
    7/20: bicycling 24.14km
    7/21: bicycling 40.24km
    7/23: bicycling 24.68km
    7/25: bicycling 14.49km

Total: 349.83km
    Left: none (+49.83km)

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    7/25 - 1.13 mile walk
    5.4 miles exercise bike

exercise.png

Made goal :drinker:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    4.81 miles walked today

118.04 miles walked to date.

Only 2 miles to go to target. YES!!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Today was BIG for me. I ran intervals on the treadmill. Half-miles at 8:00 pace, then a quarter-mile at 10:00 pace. Doing that allowed me to run 3 consecutive miles at an average of 8:33. Honestly, I never thought I'd be able to run that fast over a sustained period of time. I keep improving, way beyond where I thought I'd be (I was always sort of a "work-horse" runner... I could run a half-marathon, but my pace was 11:30/mile... now, I'm starting to think I might actually be able to actually be a quick runner.

My hip is bothering me tonight, but I think it's a combination of the 3 miles at such a quick pace, plus then I did a ton of walking tonight AND I went roller skating, which is kind of hard on the ol' hip. I don't really know how far I moved today, but I'm going with 6 miles added, which I'm sure is very conservative. Now, off to have some quality time with my foam roller.

exercise.png
    That is so awesome!! Very proud of you!! I haven't run that fast since I was about 20 yrs old and in the Marine Corps! :bigsmile: Definitely stay up on that stretching and rolling! And your MYRTL exercises. :smile: Thanks to your tips, I've finally managed to get my hip issue to where it's been a non* issue lately. Not 100% quite yet, but very close. :drinker:

Dave
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like I will hit goal after all. Despite injuries, crashes and such. My hip is not healing up as fast as I would like, I guess I am just getting old. This is the longest it has taken me to do it, but I am getting there.

07/22 - 13.00 miles biking
    07/23 - 2.5 miles walking
    07/24 - 1.0 miles walking
    07/25 - 14.0 miles biking

Total: 238.0 miles

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding another 26 miles for a total of 610 out of 700. Ended my day with a crash but other than my pride and a couple abrasions, I'm OK. Thanks goes out to my LBS for getting my bike put back together this afternoon so I'm good to ride tomorrow.

At least I am not the only one who crashed this month. I am glad to hear that you and your bike is alright, to ride again. Your local bike shop, you just gotta love them.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    7/24 walk/run 5 miles

7/25 walk/run 5 miles

exercise.png
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    8.2 on the Lewis Trail

63.3 / 60

I know it doesn't work this way, but now to make up for last month which I finished at 35.8/60 so 24.2 short
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    7/24- 4.2 miles walk/run
    7/25- 5.7 miles walk/run

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Adding 19.7 on the bike. Will update the spreadsheet in a few hours, after the kiddo goes to bed.

exercise.png
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Ran 2 miles under 24:00 minutes for the first time in a year. Ran another 1.5 for fun - walked a lot!
    Total: 133.5 Miles to date

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not out of the realm of possibility, but I'm really going to have to kick it into hyper-drive to make it this month.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Only did my Lunch Walk of 2.4 miles today. Slept in too late to run and ex-in-laws *made* me go out to dinner tonight for bbq ribs (Oh the horror!! :bigsmile:) to thank me for taking care of their $*#&@ cats while they were on vacation in New Orleans & Florida last week with my ex and my boys. :noway: Yeah. There's a peek into my glamorous life. :laugh::grumble:

Going to push it real good tomorrow to get myself solidly back into the green.

Dave
    MFm4m5.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

And joining the YELLOW TEAM today, we have: MDLNH!! JENNWHITE34!! JOEMO!!

Dave – I’m so glad the Myrtl routine is working for you. It’s a good one, eh?

Lamlam2013 – Looks like you need a higher goal for next month! You blew it out of the water.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    Dave, you're one of the good guys, for sure! And they were cats...puppies, yeah, but cats?...:noway: ...:laugh: :laugh:

It was a good Friday! Worked out at the gym w/my daughter then walked for an hour before it got really, really hot!!

8.10 today!

exercise.png

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding 34 miles for today. That should make 681 out of 700. 20 mph winds for the second day in a row has really sapped my energy. I felt like I road 50 miles. It took me as long to ride the 34 as it did to ride the 60 the other day.

Chris - You are on a tear! That 28 miles to go will be done in no time. :-)

Dave - If you are Catholic, they are preparing the sainthood paperwork for you right now. Inlaws would be bad enough, but ex-inlaws and cats?! Are you related to Mother Teresa? :wink: :wink:
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding another 7.89 walking miles.

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.