Me vs. The Binge - July Challenge

IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

Current month 2014:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most therapy groups for BED. When I was in BED therapy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only and not for other threads within the BE Support Group.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159017-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2014

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    July 2014:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 0

Days I did NOT log it all - 0

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    In again...NO excuses this month!! I can do this!!!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    I just joined the group late in June so I was really looking forward to the July challenge.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    I'm also in. I aim not to give a point to the binge this month.
  • Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    I am in. I ended June VERY BADLY so hoping July can be the month I get the binging somewhat under control!!
  • cottonz
    cottonz Posts: 33 Member
    I'm in. The first 9 hours of July have gone well, hopefully I can keep it up for the remaining 700 or so!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    I'm in too. I'm not setting my sights too high as this month involves a baby shower, my birthday and multiple other summer social events. But, I will come out in top even if the Binge is higher than 0.
  • cweyfree06
    cweyfree06 Posts: 10
    Im in!
  • gummibear64
    gummibear64 Posts: 26 Member
    I just joined your group so I am happy to join the challenge. I find the summer months to be the hardest with unstructured days. :ohwell:
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    I'm back in. June was my worst month probably since the holidays. This is getting ridiculous.
  • maicap22
    Me - 1
    The Binge - 0

Started the month right ^^
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    July 2014:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 1

Days I did NOT log it all - 0

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg
  • cottonz
    cottonz Posts: 33 Member
    Suzy 1
    The Binge 0

Feeling good - bring on day 2!
  • maicap22
    Me - 2
    The Binge - 0
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    July 2014:

Greg - 0
    The Binge - 1

Days I didn't log it all - 1
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    July 2014:
    Me: 1
    TB: 0

Aiming to maintain my lead!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    July 2014

Diane: 1
    Binge: 0
  • I just joined the group today. Im in. But i found the post after my binge so.
    July 2014

Binge: 1
    Rachel: 0
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Greeky - 1
    Binge - 0

:happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Greeky - 1
    Binge - 0