Options

Replies

• christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Goal: 30 miles

7/6/2014- 5 miles U5DWP

7/7-7/12/2014 NO WORKOUT Apathy

7/13/2014 2 miles plus warm up and cool down U5DWP Texasgardnr's Blue Workout

Total:12 miles
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today before the morning coffee: 3 miles
    today after the morning coffee: 4 miles

total to date: 100 miles

total calories to date: -7400 cal
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    3.11 miles walked today

55.76 miles walked to date
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Goal 120 Miles for July! explode

July 1st, 4 miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - did mile 3 twice.
    July 2nd, 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge plus the Muscle Mile
    Jule 3rd, 3 Miles Walk and Jog plus Mile 1 of the 4 mile super challenge.
    July 4th, 6.8 miles Trail walking with my DH
    July 7th, 3 Miles 3 Mile Power Walk
    July 8th, 4 Mile Super Challenge
    July 9th, 4 Miles 2 of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down
    July 12th 5 miles The 5 Day Slim Down
    July 13th, 3 Miles Walk Your Belly Flat

37.8 Miles done 62.2 miles to go!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    As I went for the morning walk, my thoughts went on a journey of its own. Usually i spin around something I have read and try to elaborate on it, making up a little story. Her's a story I made up this morning.

A group of would be zen monks were walking through the monastery where they were studying hoping to be enlightened some day. Another student run up to them out of breath.

"Have you heard that Ananda was enlightened today!"

"What", they all shouted, and started to run to their student friend Ananda's dwellings. As they entered they saw him sitting on his bed.

With admiration in their voices they asked: "Is it true did you got enlightened today?"

"Yes" he said and looked calmly at them.

"Well, how did you feel before the enlightenment and what did you think about?", they asked.

"I was feeling miserable and I thought of how unhappy my life is", he answered.

"And how do you feel now, and what are you thinking about?", they asked with enthusiasm in their voices.

"Right now I'm feeling miserable and I'm thinking about how unhappy my life is", he answered thoughtfully.

They were all stunned by his answer. "But what is the difference then?", they asked perplexed.

"The difference is that before I thought that my feelings and thoughts were important. Now I see clearly they they are totally unimportant".

That is the end of the story. And what is the sense moral? Well, feeling and thoughts are volatile and evaporative things. They come and go changing al the time. But the real you is not your feelings nor your thoughts. In meditation you learn to watch your feelings and thoughts pass by, like water flowing down the river. To be enlightened means not to attach yourself with the feelings or thoughts. Instead you do what you have to do without letting them control your life. There is a Zen saying "Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water, after Enlightenment, chop wood carry water. Or as another wise person said "The kingdom of God is within us, but most people do not see it".

"To be enlightened means not to attach yourself with the feelings or thoughts. Instead you do what you have to do without letting them control your life." Deep thoughts today, lidenalex.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie today

8 miles outside today

62 miles with Leslie to date

65 miles outside to date

127 miles total to date

goal 150

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn

we went on an 8 mile hike with the dogs today, the poor dogs were exhausted by the time we got home. They did get to play in the water and of course we brought water and bowls with us for them. I think I am beginning to out walk my dogs now. It feels so good! I am close to the realistic goal I set for myself, but my real personal goes is 245 (I did 234 last month and 175 in may)so I a about half way there.
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Out-walking the dogs! A great feeling indeed LouAnn~

2Essie steady on!

Question AnnofB: What is the 120 explode! lol I laughed when I read that you are doing great girl.
    Alex I have to read yours later- but as I can see you are "rocking it" as Supplemama says!

Leslie potpourri: 1mile burn body fat
    1 fat burn with weights
    2 mile super walk- I love this one everyone on dvd have lost 100 or over inspirational- and motivating every time.

4 miles
    51/110 woot
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon...seems odd typing that. LOL I slept in today. I did 5.5 miles and I think I much prefer getting up early to walk. It is much more peaceful. There were so many people out and about and it distracted me.

Alex, I love your story. You gave me quite a bit to ponder. Thank you for sharing it with us.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    7.61 miles walked today

63.37 miles walked to date
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Sunday: My free day!

Monday:

3 DVD miles: Wa;l Slim 3 Fast Miles

0 outdoor minutes.

Goal for July: 40 + miles (plus focus on strength more)

So far: 25.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 320 outdoor minutes

@ zichab, What a joy it is for you to hold your new grand daughter :heart: . Sooo very cool to see Ann Frank's house in Amsterdam!

@ lidenalex, so true that our feelings are ever changing, with the tide as it were. That is why we need to know what or Who is our solid bedrock to stand firm on when feelings are changing and swirling about us as we go about chopping wood and carrying water. I liked your story :smile:
    Great before and after coffee mileage :drinker: !

@ Lilymay2, 3 dogs is an awesome reason to go get more miles walked :heart: !

@ christchick7, I had to :happy: when I read that you walked the "2 miles plus warm up and cool down U5DWP Texasgardnr's Blue Workout" :flowerforyou:

@ 2essie, awesome miles being walked in your neck of the woods : 7.61 miles walked today and 3.11 miles on Sunday :happy: .

@ AnnofB, I like the Walk Your Belly Flat DVD :flowerforyou: . Will have to remember not to forget about that awesome walk.

@ bandit5125, you wrote: "I think I am beginning to out walk my dogs now. It feels so good!" Now that is a great NSV indeed! Especially after an 8 mile hike with your dogs. Walking strong :drinker: .

@ startergal53, I love how you named your trio of walks: "Leslie potpourri": :happy:
    1mile burn body fat
    1 fat burn with weights
    2 mile super walk-
    Excellent indeed :drinker: !

@ PinkyPan1, Good that you slept in, however I do appreciate what you wrote about the early morning walks being more peaceful. So true :smile: . Awesome 5.5 miles walked this afternoon.

Walk Happy y'all :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today before the morning coffee: 2 miles
    today after the morning coffee: 0 miles

total to date: 102 miles

total calories to date: -7500 cal
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    (2) 5 advanced miles with Leslie today - yes I did it twice tiday

2 miles outside today

72 miles with Leslie to date

67 miles outside to date

139 miles total to date

goal 150

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn

I am close to the realistic goal I set for myself, but my real personal goes is 245 (I did 234 last month and 175 in may) so I a bit over half way there. Trying so hard to break through and lose the 15 lbs I want to lose before my daughter gets married in 8 weeks!!!
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wowza! What Monday folks.

Started off this morning with the "Burn the belly fat" 3 mile and floor exercise following.

Tonight I did the 2 mile "faith walk".

So excited because this morning when I began I was only going to do one mile and then figured what's another 14 minutes. The end of that second mile and I thought, "why not finish it off."
    Thanks to all who write in it keeps me pushing myself.

56/110 done!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1 Mile with Leslie and one on treadmill. I've been doing my other DVDs faithfully, and won't attempt to assign milage to those. I'll just keep my walking miles here.
    22.75/40 done

Keep walking! :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Startergal53,

LOL, that explode thing is so funny. When I posted originally my goal, I used the explode Smiley kind of for the 4th of July and to symbolize to myself a big start and for a big finish-I hope. Anyway, when I copy and paste for some reason the smiley turns into just the word explode. I've been changing it back but forgot this last time.

And BTW, great job-56 miles done! Awesome!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    (2) 5 advanced miles with Leslie today - yes I did it twice tiday

2 miles outside today

72 miles with Leslie to date

67 miles outside to date

139 miles total to date

goal 150

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn

I am close to the realistic goal I set for myself, but my real personal goes is 245 (I did 234 last month and 175 in may) so I a bit over half way there. Trying so hard to break through and lose the 15 lbs I want to lose before my daughter gets married in 8 weeks!!!

You are doing great LouAnn. I think you are going to make your goal. You will be stylin' at your daughters wedding. Keep going-we're cheering you on. :drinker: :drinker:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Additional 5 miles this morning.
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    3.25 miles with Leslie (4 mile Super Challenge). Also did a strength training DVD.
    26/40 done
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Additional 5 miles this morning.

You are so consistent, PinkyPan1!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Checking in with everyone....

Awesome moon last night - really cool....

So far I have 37.5 miles - all outside though.... Three dogs to walk today so heading out to do that before the bugs get us.. the horse flies have been really bugging the dogs in the afternoons and even the evenings...

Happy walking everyone - no matter where you are walking..

LilyMay2, great job. It's easy to hate horse flies, isn't it? They are mean. I just found a tick in my bathroom. Luckily he was dead already. Who knows, maybe my blood is bad for them, haha... jokes on them, then, isn't it?

Have a great day!

Ann