Options
    9 miles walked today

95.57 miles walked to date

I was a hot one again today.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    AnnoOfB wrote
    Years ago a friend and I worked in a high rise building. We had two 15 minute breaks each day and we would take the elevator down to the lobby and walk around the lobby as fast as we could, giving ourselves 2 minutes to ride back up and be at our desks on time. We lost weight.

What do you think about your Nibbles program? Did you feel like you wanted to keep going and do it all at once or did it seem natural to stop and go back to it later?

The elevator thing sounds like fun :laugh: . It is something that I also could have done.

When nibble walking I keep on if I feel for it and have time. But many times I'm on errand and I just squeeze in as much as I can. For instance I might be out to buy groceries, but instead of going to the shop directly I take a little detour, so when I'm back I have walked one mile. Other times I go out and I have time but I don't feel like it so I go back after my half mile is done. At other times I go out with intention of going only half a mile, but end up going four miles. I can never tell how far I will go, it often surprises me. The important thing is stealing the ten minutes to go out. What will happen after that I seldom can predict.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    morning: 1.5 miles
    afternoon: 0.5 + 4 + 1 = 5.5 miles

total to date: 135 miles

total calories to date: -9700 cal
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to this Challenge and I'm excited. I've never really considered setting a goal for the month, so I'm going to try it out.

July Goal = 1 mile/day (inside or outside or treadmill)

1.0 = Total Miles since July 18th

Here we go!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    (2) 5 advanced miles with Leslie today - yes I did it twice again today, so 5 days now

8 miles outside today

114 miles with Leslie to date

84 miles outside to date

198 miles total to date

goal 150 ----MET MY FIRST GOAL!!!!

next goal is to get to 245 miles by the end of the month!!!

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to this Challenge and I'm excited. I've never really considered setting a goal for the month, so I'm going to try it out.

July Goal = 1 mile/day (inside or outside or treadmill)

1.0 = Total Miles since July 18th

Here we go!

Welcome Michelle. Glad you found us.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    AnnoOfB wrote
    Years ago a friend and I worked in a high rise building. We had two 15 minute breaks each day and we would take the elevator down to the lobby and walk around the lobby as fast as we could, giving ourselves 2 minutes to ride back up and be at our desks on time. We lost weight.

What do you think about your Nibbles program? Did you feel like you wanted to keep going and do it all at once or did it seem natural to stop and go back to it later?

The elevator thing sounds like fun :laugh: . It is something that I also could have done.

When nibble walking I keep on if I feel for it and have time. But many times I'm on errand and I just squeeze in as much as I can. For instance I might be out to buy groceries, but instead of going to the shop directly I take a little detour, so when I'm back I have walked one mile. Other times I go out and I have time but I don't feel like it so I go back after my half mile is done. At other times I go out with intention of going only half a mile, but end up going four miles. I can never tell how far I will go, it often surprises me. The important thing is stealing the ten minutes to go out. What will happen after that I seldom can predict.

Good idea and glad its working for you... :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    9 miles walked today

95.57 miles walked to date

I was a hot one again today.

Great walking Jean. In spite of the heat, you are persevering! We are about to have to build an ark! And it's forecast to do this for days. Enjoy the sunshine while you can.
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    heavenlyb14 wrote
    2.72 this morning and nothing since. Someone please kick me.

I know how you feel, and I also know what you can do about it.

Let's say you set your minihabit goal to walk half a mile, which is about 10 min. Half a mile is so little that you feel that you ca do it in your sleep. Now what you have to do is to KEEP OUT FOR THE FREE SLOTS IN YOUR DAY where you can squeeze in a walk of half a mile. Do one such walk in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Yes, I know 4 walks is much, but they are so small that you can do it. The trick is to look out for 10 min opportunities and GRAB one as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Here is what will happen. In 9 times of 10 you will feel like walking more than half mile once you started. In that case keep on walking as long as you please or must turn back due to a time constraint. Do this for one week. We'll follow you here in the forum.

I will also walk my talk. I will follow my own advice for one week and see what happens to my milage.

Alex this is just the kind of challenge that I need to get me out of the doldrums, I accept. I will start today, thank you for being such a good walking friend.
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    I walked for half a mile on Friday and nothing yesterday.

I'm afraid that I am struggling a little more than usual with anaemia, my blood count has taken a big drop over the last ten days. I know from experience that my body will adjust over the next few weeks but this stage is tough. I try to avoid having too many blood transfusions as, no matter how good the screening process is, they always carry a contamination risk and I've already had three this year. That's it, self pity over. Alex has provided me with a great challenge to get me motivated and I am going to start today.

Happy walking everyone :flowerforyou:
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Painting continues but yesterday I was able to get some miles in "mowing." lol
    My hubby came home and took over so I only got 5 in before heading back to painting.
    Hoping to complete project today and get a walk in later. Preferably outside but we shall see.

It's a great day to be alive- hmmm-humming the rest cause I can't remember the rest of the words to the song but it's the one playing in my head this morning.

Have a great day everyone-
    64/110 Woot!
    p.s. I had to laugh this morning and follow the thread back to the "Nibbles" I wasn't sure what that was all about. All I could picture when I read it was the fairy tale about kids leaving bread crumbs. My mind cracks me up.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I slept in and went to the park this morning for my walk. I completed 5.5 miles and had my fastest miles ever this morning. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I walked for half a mile on Friday and nothing yesterday.

I'm afraid that I am struggling a little more than usual with anaemia, my blood count has taken a big drop over the last ten days. I know from experience that my body will adjust over the next few weeks but this stage is tough. I try to avoid having too many blood transfusions as, no matter how good the screening process is, they always carry a contamination risk and I've already had three this year. That's it, self pity over. Alex has provided me with a great challenge to get me motivated and I am going to start today.

Happy walking everyone :flowerforyou:

Heavenlyb,
    I'm sorry you are struggling with this. I bet it is quite energy sapping. No self pity, you just stated the facts. I think it's great that in spite of the anemia you are still motivated and doing what you can when you can. Good on ya! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    p.s. I had to laugh this morning and follow the thread back to the "Nibbles" I wasn't sure what that was all about. All I could picture when I read it was the fairy tale about kids leaving bread crumbs. My mind cracks me up.
    [/quote]

startergal, you cracked me up too!

Enjoy your day!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Good morning. I slept in and went to the park this morning for my walk. I completed 5.5 miles and had my fastest miles ever this morning. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

Good Morning PinkyPan. Another 5.5. completed. Doing great :drinker:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    al 120 Miles for July! explode

July 1st, 4 miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - did mile 3 twice.
    July 2nd, 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge plus the Muscle Mile
    Jule 3rd, 3 Miles Walk and Jog plus Mile 1 of the 4 mile super challenge.
    July 4th, 6.8 miles Trail walking with my DH
    July 7th, 3 Miles 3 Mile Power Walk
    July 8th, 4 Mile Super Challenge
    July 9th, 4 Miles 2 of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down
    July 12th 5 miles The 5 Day Slim Down
    July 13th, 3 Miles Walk Your Belly Flat
    July 15th 7 Miles, 4 Mile Super Challenge and the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    July 16, 8 Miles Miles 1, 4 and 5 of the 5 Day Slime down, 30 minutes to fitness 2 miles and cutting the grass, 3 miles. I'm so tired I can't see straight. What a day.
    July 17, 6 Miles Debbie Rocker AM & PM walks and Belly Blasting Walk
    July 19 5 Miles 5.2 Day Slim Down

56 Miles to go.

Awesome walking everyone!
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    Day 1 of the 'nibble walk' challenge.

Walk 1 - 1.24 miles
    walk 2 - 2 miles
    walk 3 - 2 miles
    walk 4 - 0.37 miles

Thank you for all of your kind messages xxx
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    (2) 5 advanced miles with Leslie today - yes I did it twice again today, so 6 days now

10 miles outside today

124 miles with Leslie to date

94 miles outside to date

218 miles total to date

I beat my miles record and finally got in 20 miles today!!!! I walked 20 miles! Can't believe it!~

goal 150 ----MET MY FIRST GOAL!!!!

next goal is to get to 245 miles by the end of the month!!!

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Only 3.01miles to add tlday

Total to date 98.58 miles walked
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I had no idea just how much I have missed walking at the park. This weekend was my first weekend off in months from watching my grandchildren. I slept in and went to the park yesterday and today. I had a fantastic time and walked 6.5 miles this morning. To toot my own horn I had two fisherman give me a standing ovation when I finished my walk. I never saw them there and they said that they had never seen anyone walk that fast and determined before. LOL I was embarrassed but I have to admit it made me feel real good. Made my day.