Leslie Sansone July 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    (2) 5 advanced miles with Leslie today - yes I did it twice again today, so 3 days now

2 miles- walk away your hips and thighs

3 miles outside today

94 miles with Leslie to date

73 miles outside to date

167 miles total to date

goal 150 ----MET MY FIRST GOAL!!!!

next goal is to get to 245 miles by the end of the month!!!

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn

WELL DONE, Louann! Great work! I bet you meet your next goal too! Walk Strong!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    thanks! I am working hard on it, trying not only to meet my walking goal but also drop 15 lbs before my daughters wedding sept 14. I was actually surprised that doing the 2 walks wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I did them back to back and felt so energized after. my schedule won't let me do it everyday but I am going to keep at it as I can. Of course being on prednisone seems to help..lol..

everyone is doing so wonderful, so nice to see regulars as well as newbies!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    heavenlyb14 wrote
    2.72 this morning and nothing since. Someone please kick me.

I know how you feel, and I also know what you can do about it.

Let's say you set your minihabit goal to walk half a mile, which is about 10 min. Half a mile is so little that you feel that you ca do it in your sleep. Now what you have to do is to KEEP OUT FOR THE FREE SLOTS IN YOUR DAY where you can squeeze in a walk of half a mile. Do one such walk in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Yes, I know 4 walks is much, but they are so small that you can do it. The trick is to look out for 10 min opportunities and GRAB one as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Here is what will happen. In 9 times of 10 you will feel like walking more than half mile once you started. In that case keep on walking as long as you please or must turn back due to a time constraint. Do this for one week. We'll follow you here in the forum.

I will also walk my talk. I will follow my own advice for one week and see what happens to my milage.
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice for all of us Alex!

Nine times out of ten I start off thinking I really don't have time for this but once I get started I enjoy the feeling of endorphins perking up and I keep at it.
    But we all have days where a "kick" is required.
    Heavenlyb14 consider yourself kicked- it's good you recognize what you need we all have been there so no frets.

Painting again today - yesterday made it outside last night for a 1 mile walk. 59/110 woot!
    More painting today, but I hope to finish up earlier so I can get out and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Have a great day everyone and welcome "spgebhart" & "pianogirl909" anytime is a great time to join in the fun!
    Here is to abounding ENERGEEE! lol
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning Walkers! I completed 5.5 miles this morning.
  • spgebhart
    spgebhart Posts: 382 Member
    Options

July 16, 8 Miles Miles 1, 4 and 5 of the 5 Day Slime down, 30 minutes to fitness 2 miles and cutting the grass, 3 miles. I'm so tired I can't see straight. What a day.

67.2 Miles to go.

Oh my goodness, busy day!! Good for you!
  • spgebhart
    Options
    July goal: 80 miles

7/16: 3.3 miles

I didn't get in the full 5 miles yesterday so I'll try to do extra today. Love this group. Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!
  • AnnofB
    Options

July 16, 8 Miles Miles 1, 4 and 5 of the 5 Day Slime down, 30 minutes to fitness 2 miles and cutting the grass, 3 miles. I'm so tired I can't see straight. What a day.

67.2 Miles to go.

Oh my goodness, busy day!! Good for you!

Thank you spgebhart. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hello! It's halfway through July, but I just stumbled upon this group and it's convinced me to set a goal for the next 15 days. I'd like to try and reach 30 miles by the end of the month. (I realize it's not much, but it's a start!)

Hi Pianogirl,
    You can do it! As lindenalex said we'll cheer you on. This is a great bunch of walkers full of support. No snarky stuff here, just a lot of walkin'!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Iv'e started nibble walking today. Each time I start I aim for minimum 0.5 miles. I try to start 4 times a day. I'll try it for one week.

morning: 3 miles
    afternoon: 1+ 3 + 1 + 1 = 6 miles

total to date: 128 miles

total calories to date: -9100 cal
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Walked 7.75 miles today

84.57 miles walked to date

It has been very hot for walking and exercising today but I managed it
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal 120 Miles for July! explode

July 1st, 4 miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - did mile 3 twice.
    July 2nd, 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge plus the Muscle Mile
    Jule 3rd, 3 Miles Walk and Jog plus Mile 1 of the 4 mile super challenge.
    July 4th, 6.8 miles Trail walking with my DH
    July 7th, 3 Miles 3 Mile Power Walk
    July 8th, 4 Mile Super Challenge
    July 9th, 4 Miles 2 of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down
    July 12th 5 miles The 5 Day Slim Down
    July 13th, 3 Miles Walk Your Belly Flat
    July 15th 7 Miles, 4 Mile Super Challenge and the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    July 17, 6 Miles Debbie Rocker AM & PM walks and Belly Blasting Walk

73.2 Miles to go.

Awesome walking everyone!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    (2) 5 advanced miles with Leslie today - yes I did it twice again today, so 4 days now

3 miles outside today

104 miles with Leslie to date

76 miles outside to date

180 miles total to date

goal 150 ----MET MY FIRST GOAL!!!!

next goal is to get to 245 miles by the end of the month!!!

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday morning walkers! What a fabulous cool and brisk morning to take a walk. I did 5.5 miles and can not wait to walk again in tomorrow morning. Have a great day.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Checking in with everyone....

So far I have 55.4 miles - all outside though.... I thought being on vacation I would get more walking done but been busy catching up on book work and friends....

And now it is raining so ... hubby says now the landscaping we want to do will be a lot easier now that the ground is saturated so I guess we will be muscle building today.... oh yea!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • spgebhart
    Options

7/17: 8.1 miles: 4 mile super challenge + running laps around the downstairs of my house. And a Jillian Michael's cardio work out that involved some running in place and stuff.

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your walks! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options

7/17: 8.1 miles: 4 mile super challenge + running laps around the downstairs of my house. And a Jillian Michael's cardio work out that involved some running in place and stuff.

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your walks! :flowerforyou:

Wow! Great work. Anything involving Jillian Micheals means massive calorie burn for sure. The 4 Mile Super Challenge is my favorite of Leslies. You're doing great!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Checking in with everyone....

So far I have 55.4 miles - all outside though.... I thought being on vacation I would get more walking done but been busy catching up on book work and friends....

And now it is raining so ... hubby says now the landscaping we want to do will be a lot easier now that the ground is saturated so I guess we will be muscle building today.... oh yea!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

LilyMay,
    DH and I have been building a flower bed with some blocks that weigh about 20 lbs a piece. I almost feel some biceps, sort of...haha. :laugh: Gardening is so underrated when it comes to exercise. But we gardners have the proof. Enjoy, we're having rain off and on most of the day so no "lifting" outside today for me.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Happy Friday morning walkers! What a fabulous cool and brisk morning to take a walk. I did 5.5 miles and can not wait to walk again in tomorrow morning. Have a great day.

HI PinkyPan1,
    These wonderful cool mornings are about to become a thing of the past in my area, sigh. Another 5.5 miles logged-you're doing great. Enjoy your weekend.:smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Iv'e started nibble walking today. Each time I start I aim for minimum 0.5 miles. I try to start 4 times a day. I'll try it for one week.

morning: 3 miles
    afternoon: 1+ 3 + 1 + 1 = 6 miles

total to date: 128 miles

total calories to date: -9100 cal

lidenalex,

Years ago a friend and I worked in a high rise building. We had two 15 minute breaks each day and we would take the elevator down to the lobby and walk around the lobby as fast as we could, giving ourselves 2 minutes to ride back up and be at our desks on time. We lost weight.

What do you think about your Nibbles program? Did you feel like you wanted to keep going and do it all at once or did it seem natural to stop and go back to it later?