Leslie Sansone July 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I can't really set a goal this month as I am doing too much traveling. So, my goal will be as many miles as I can while visiting my son and new granddaughter and then traveling later in the month! July is busy this year!

July 4-Endomondo tracked 3.13 miles walked around my son's neighborhood in the The Hague. I miss my USA fireworks Happy 4th to all the Americans!
    July 12- Endomondo tracked 6.23 miles walked in Amsterdam. We traveled from The Hague to Ann Frank's house in Amsterdam today as my wonderful Daughter-in-law knew I loved Ann's diary and bought us tickets as a gift. What an experience to actually see and be in the very rooms where Ann wrote her diary. In her room, all the pictures she glued to her wall of her favorite movie stars/art etc are preserved. Most heart wrenching were the lines her parents drew on the wall charting the growth of Ann and her sister Margot. It is amazing how children and their parents continue to do the most normal things even in the most abnormal of circumstances. It was an emotional day, but added miles to my month at least! 9.36 total
    July 21-Jet lag and traveling to my mountain home in NY have prevented me from walking,even with Leslie! However, that ended today with my first mountain hike of the season! 1 mile hike up a pretty steep assent. 10.36 total
    July 22- Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.38 miles=12.74 total
    July 24- Endomondo tracked mountain Hike-2.25 miles=14.99 total
    July 29-Endomondo tracked mountain walk (with big hills :huh: ) :laugh: =4.47 miles=19.46

Oh my gosh Texasgardnr! You and Pinkypan told me grandchildren were wonderful and now you have broken an arm playing with them???? Perhaps I should be glad my granddaughter is in Europe! :wink: Hope you are healing and in less discomfort now. :flowerforyou:
    Kaylasmom-Welcome to our group and enjoy walking. No one mentioned it, but you do not need to wait until August. Set a goal for the rest of July and go for it. We have 2 days left! :bigsmile:
    Lindenalex-I :heart: that you are tracking your calories burned as well as miles. I think that might improve my motivation on the days that lacing up my sneakers to walk seems like too much effort. :wink:
    AnnofB and Bandit-do you two ever sleep? :laugh: Way to rack up the miles!
    Walk strong everyone!
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Texasgardnr - glad to hear that you are out walking again, take it easy.

2.52 miles this morning and 2 this evening

Happy walking everyone x
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    9 miles walked today

140.77 walked to date
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    7 advanced miles with Leslie today

3 miles outside today

206 miles with Leslie to date

130 miles outside to date

336 miles total to date

goal 150 ----MET MY FIRST GOAL!!!!

next goal is to get to 245 miles by the end of the month!!! ~~~~~~MADE MY SECOND GOAL!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone that have made their goals!!!!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Goal 120 Miles for July!drinker

July 1st, 4 miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - did mile 3 twice.
    July 2nd, 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge plus the Muscle Mile
    Jule 3rd, 3 Miles Walk and Jog plus Mile 1 of the 4 mile super challenge.
    July 4th, 6.8 miles Trail walking with my DH
    July 7th, 3 Miles 3 Mile Power Walk
    July 8th, 4 Mile Super Challenge
    July 9th, 4 Miles 2 of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down
    July 12th 5 miles The 5 Day Slim Down
    July 13th, 3 Miles Walk Your Belly Flat
    July 15th 7 Miles, 4 Mile Super Challenge and the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    July 16, 8 Miles Miles 1, 4 and 5 of the 5 Day Slime down, 30 minutes to fitness 2 miles and cutting the grass, 3 miles. I'm so tired I can't see straight. What a day.
    July 17, 6 Miles Debbie Rocker AM & PM walks and Belly Blasting Walk
    July 19 5 Miles 5.2 Day Slim Down
    July 20 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge and 1 Debbie Rocker Mile
    July 21 6.2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss-debbie rocker and 3 Mile Power Walk Plus Went to Zumba tonight and I think I can safely say I walked 3 miles in that class, maybe more...
    July 22 5 Miles Walk You Belly Flat and Walking for Weight loss by Jessica Smith
    Jul 23 4 Miles Walk, Sculpt and Tone with Debbie Rocker
    July 24 5 miles... 4 Mile Super Challenge and fast mile 2 of Walk of Even More Weight
    July 25 4 Miles of the 5 Day slim Down
    July 26 6 Miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk & Walk Your Belly Flat
    July 27 3 MIles Walking for Weight Loss-Debbie Rocker
    July 28 6 Miles 4 Mile Super Challenge and miles 1 and 4 of the 5 Day Slim Down
    July 29 3 Miles Miles 2,3&4 of the 5 Day Slim Down

6 Miles to go.

Can't believe it's almost August.

Texasgardnr-- So glad you got your cast. Things are going to get easier and you'll be back to your top speed soon. Hang in there!

Bandit5125 -- Glad the shin splints didn't last too long. And zichab asked the question if you and I ever sleep. Haha. I sure do, but I don't know about you! I can picture you walking at night with a miners hat on with the light on! But that's how it is when you are on a mission. How long before the wedding?

2essie -- I know you have 2 good reasons to keep on walking! They have 4 legs and wet noses. I bet they are the fittest dogs your vet knows!

Alex -- You are also a walking machine. Wonderful job this month.

Take care everyone.
    Ann
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

0 DVD miles:

75 outdoor minutes. (easy walk)

Goal for July: 40 + miles (plus focus on strength more)

So far: 25.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 575 outdoor minutes

Have to walk very, very early around here b/4 the sun gets very high :glasses: .

Enjoy your tomorrow my friends :flowerforyou:
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I did 3 miles last night and ordered another Leslie Dvd....
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I had an awesome walk this morning and got an additional 6 miles in. Everyone have a wonderful day and keep walking.

147/135
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did 3 miles last night and ordered another Leslie Dvd....
    Wow, Great!! Which did you order! I like to hear about others' workouts!

4 Mile Super Challenge today. Also did Cardio Core Express by Debbie Siebers (was feeling really good and motivated today!!). Need to check my totals for the month....

Have a good and healthy walking day, all! :)
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    HI All!

My Goal for this month was 30 miles. I'm really excited because normally I set these goals and for what ever reason plop out before the end of the month. This month, I've stayed with it and met my goal last night!!! YEAH ME!

Here's my stats

as of July 22nd total miles 25
    July 26 2 miles
    July 29 3 miles -

Total 30 - Goal met
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:

0 DVD miles:

75 outdoor minutes. (a little bit more of a brisk walk today!)

Goal for July: 40 + miles (plus focus on strength more)

So far: 25.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 650 outdoor minutes

@ Kaylasmom, oh, do tell :happy: which new DVD you ordered!

@ VCanadapt, YaY for you meeting your goal :drinker: . Awesome!!

July is almost in the bag and we all are finishing strong.

I just love :heart: being part of these awesome monthly challenges :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today: 3 miles

total to date: 207 miles

total calories to date: -14400 ca
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    Just tallied up and I've done 42/40 miles! Very happy with that!:)
    Congrats to everyone on every step taken!!!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    2.19 miles walked today

142.96 miles walked to date.
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    Good morning walkers! My son joined me again this morning. We walked 5.5 miles and he said that he will be joining me every morning. This makes my heart smile. I am loving it.

141/135

That made me feel joyful for you. I look forward to the day when I can say to you all, "my son walked with me today".
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    4.3 miles today.

Happy walking everyone xxx
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options

July 9th, 4 Miles 2 of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down
    July 16, 8 Miles Miles 1, 4 and 5 of the 5 Day Slime down, 30 minutes to fitness 2 miles and cutting the grass, 3 miles. I'm so tired I can't see straight. What a day.
    July 21 6.2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss-debbie rocker and 3 Mile Power Walk Plus Went to Zumba tonight and I think I can safely say I walked 3 miles in that class, maybe more...
    July 22 5 Miles Walk You Belly Flat and Walking for Weight loss by Jessica Smith
    July 24 5 miles... 4 Mile Super Challenge and fast mile 2 of Walk of Even More Weight
    July 30 4 Miles 4 Mile super challenge

2 Miles to go.

Congrat's to all who have reache their goals! I'll be be there tomorrow!!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I can't really set a goal this month as I am doing too much traveling. So, my goal will be as many miles as I can while visiting my son and new granddaughter and then traveling later in the month! July is busy this year!

July 4-Endomondo tracked 3.13 miles walked around my son's neighborhood in the The Hague. I miss my USA fireworks Happy 4th to all the Americans!
    July 12- Endomondo tracked 6.23 miles walked in Amsterdam. We traveled from The Hague to Ann Frank's house in Amsterdam today as my wonderful Daughter-in-law knew I loved Ann's diary and bought us tickets as a gift. What an experience to actually see and be in the very rooms where Ann wrote her diary. In her room, all the pictures she glued to her wall of her favorite movie stars/art etc are preserved. Most heart wrenching were the lines her parents drew on the wall charting the growth of Ann and her sister Margot. It is amazing how children and their parents continue to do the most normal things even in the most abnormal of circumstances. It was an emotional day, but added miles to my month at least! 9.36 total
    July 21-Jet lag and traveling to my mountain home in NY have prevented me from walking,even with Leslie! However, that ended today with my first mountain hike of the season! 1 mile hike up a pretty steep assent. 10.36 total
    July 22- Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.38 miles=12.74 total
    July 24- Endomondo tracked mountain Hike-2.25 miles=14.99 total
    July 29-Endomondo tracked mountain walk (with big hills ) -4.47 miles=19.46 total
    July 30- Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike to gorgeous water falls!- 7.02 miles=26.48 miles total
  • Healthymom_5
    Options

July 30 4 Miles 4 Mile super challenge

2 Miles to go.

Congrat's to all who have reache their goals! I'll be be there tomorrow!!
    AnnofB that is a great looking month!! Looks like we walked " together" today :)!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    HI All!

My Goal for this month was 30 miles. I'm really excited because normally I set these goals and for what ever reason plop out before the end of the month. This month, I've stayed with it and met my goal last night!!! YEAH ME!

Here's my stats

as of July 22nd total miles 25
    July 26 2 miles
    July 29 3 miles -

Total 30 - Goal met

Congrats!!! Good for you!