Leslie Sansone July 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    70/110- tis a hot one today walked with Leslie- road bike for 12.78 thank you "endomondo!"
    Sounds like a french concierge doesn't it? Lol- Oh Endomondo! I love it that you keep track of me. :happy:
    If only he and Leslie could get along but alas that is not to be:cry:

And Pinkypan1 just remember: Leslie loves everyones sweat. Not too many people can say that right? :bigsmile:
    Keep up the good work folks - focus on your goals and enjoy the journey one step at a time.

You cracked me up! LOL :laugh: Endomondo-sounds like s french concierge and Leslie loves every ones sweat!

Seriously, fantastic walk this am! 75 miles done-WTG!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    morning: 1 miles
    afternoon: 1+1.5+3.5 = 6 miles

total to date: 172 miles

total calories to date: -10600 cal
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Adding another 4.64 miles

total to date 110.57 miles walked
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal 120 Miles for July!:drinker:

July 1st, 4 miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - did mile 3 twice.
    July 2nd, 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge plus the Muscle Mile
    Jule 3rd, 3 Miles Walk and Jog plus Mile 1 of the 4 mile super challenge.
    July 4th, 6.8 miles Trail walking with my DH
    July 7th, 3 Miles 3 Mile Power Walk
    July 8th, 4 Mile Super Challenge
    July 9th, 4 Miles 2 of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down
    July 12th 5 miles The 5 Day Slim Down
    July 13th, 3 Miles Walk Your Belly Flat
    July 15th 7 Miles, 4 Mile Super Challenge and the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    July 16, 8 Miles Miles 1, 4 and 5 of the 5 Day Slime down, 30 minutes to fitness 2 miles and cutting the grass, 3 miles. I'm so tired I can't see straight. What a day.
    July 17, 6 Miles Debbie Rocker AM & PM walks and Belly Blasting Walk
    July 19 5 Miles 5.2 Day Slim Down
    July 20 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge and 1 Debbie Rocker Mile
    July 21 6 Miles Walking for Weight Loss-debbie rocker and 3 Mile Power Walk Plus Went to Zumba tonight and I think I can safely say I walked 3 miles in that class, maybe more...
    July 22 5 Miles Walk You Belly Flat and Walking for Weight loss by Jessica Smith
    Jul 23 4 Miles Walk, Sculpt and Tone with Debbie Rocker

33 Miles to go.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Adding another 4.64 miles

total to date 110.57 miles walked

Jean, you walking machine, you are almost there! And in spite of the heat! :drinker:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon my walking friends,

I fractured both bones in my left arm just below the wrist last Thursday morning. I fell while I was outside on the porch with my grandchildren. I am unable to do active exercise like LS DVDs yet :cry: .

I weighed in today and am maintaining a stable weight this past week even though I'm not exercising. I was .2 pound under the low end of my goal range. I don't want to lose any more weight, but pain or the medication is making me not want to eat. I'm making myself eat so I can heal.

I will be getting a cast soon b/c the swelling is finally subsiding now. I have major multicolored bruising on my arm from elbow to fingers. .......The pain or the heat makes me not want to walk outside in evening when my hubby comes home. It was 92 :glasses: degrees @ 8:30 pm the other day when I was up to walking so I stayed indoors.

I want to start walking again soon :flowerforyou: Maybe tonight a bit if I'm up to it, or if hubby is home in the morning so he can tie my shoe laces :laugh: .

@ heavenlyb14, good that you are walking what you can :flowerforyou: . I'm reading the posts backwards so I can catch up. I'm trying to see what the nibbles are...

@ MichelleMinus, welcome to the challenges! Setting goals is empowering :smile: .

@ alex, I found it! Thanks for the nibble walking idea! I shall take that idea and make good use of it as soon as possible. I need to figure out how to make it work for me :smile: .

@ pianogirl909, welcome! Your 30 mile goal is awesome :drinker: , there is no such thing as an insignificant goal in these challenges. You go girl.

OK, I caught up to my last time I posted. I can't comment much as I'm typing with only one hand :tongue: . Everybody is walking something awesome :drinker: . I was so happy to come back and find many pages filled with your awesome posts & mileage :drinker:

BTW: I found Leslie Sansone focused on the "hellohealthy" section with a short article. "hellohealthy" is found just under the Recent Forum Topics on your home page.

:flowerforyou: texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon my walking friends,

I fractured both bones in my left arm just below the wrist last Thursday morning. I fell while I was outside on the porch with my grandchildren. I am unable to do active exercise like LS DVDs yet :cry: .

I weighed in today and am maintaining a stable weight this past week even though I'm not exercising. I was .2 pound under the low end of my goal range. I don't want to lose any more weight, but pain or the medication is making me not want to eat. I'm making myself eat so I can heal.

I will be getting a cast soon b/c the swelling is finally subsiding now. I have major multicolored bruising on my arm from elbow to fingers. .......The pain or the heat makes me not want to walk outside in evening when my hubby comes home. It was 92 :glasses: degrees @ 8:30 pm the other day when I was up to walking so I stayed indoors.

I want to start walking again soon :flowerforyou: Maybe tonight a bit if I'm up to it, or if hubby is home in the morning so he can tie my shoe laces :laugh: .

@ heavenlyb14, good that you are walking what you can :flowerforyou: . I'm reading the posts backwards so I can catch up. I'm trying to see what the nibbles are...

@ MichelleMinus, welcome to the challenges! Setting goals is empowering :smile: .

@ alex, I found it! Thanks for the nibble walking idea! I shall take that idea and make good use of it as soon as possible. I need to figure out how to make it work for me :smile: .

@ pianogirl909, welcome! Your 30 mile goal is awesome :drinker: , there is no such thing as an insignificant goal in these challenges. You go girl.

OK, I caught up to my last time I posted. I can't comment much as I'm typing with only one hand :tongue: . Everybody is walking something awesome :drinker: . I was so happy to come back and find many pages filled with your awesome posts & mileage :drinker:

BTW: I found Leslie Sansone focused on the "hellohealthy" section with a short article. "hellohealthy" is found just under the Recent Forum Topics on your home page.

:flowerforyou: texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Big warm hugs to you and I am sorry to hear that you are hurt. I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    texasgardnr, hope you are better soon! sounds painful! big hugs but gentle!

(2) 5 advanced miles with Leslie today

3 miles outside today

159 miles with Leslie to date

106 miles outside to date

267 miles total to date

goal 150 ----MET MY FIRST GOAL!!!!

next goal is to get to 245 miles by the end of the month!!! ~~~~~~MADE MY SECOND GOAL!!!!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I only did 4 miles this morning.

115.5/135
  • lidenalex
    Options
    morning: 3.5 miles
    afternoon: 2.2+1.3 = 3.5 miles

total to date: 179 miles

total calories to date: -11300 cal
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal 120 Miles for July!drinker

July 1st, 4 miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - did mile 3 twice.
    July 2nd, 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge plus the Muscle Mile
    Jule 3rd, 3 Miles Walk and Jog plus Mile 1 of the 4 mile super challenge.
    July 4th, 6.8 miles Trail walking with my DH
    July 7th, 3 Miles 3 Mile Power Walk
    July 8th, 4 Mile Super Challenge
    July 9th, 4 Miles 2 of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down
    July 12th 5 miles The 5 Day Slim Down
    July 13th, 3 Miles Walk Your Belly Flat
    July 15th 7 Miles, 4 Mile Super Challenge and the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    July 16, 8 Miles Miles 1, 4 and 5 of the 5 Day Slime down, 30 minutes to fitness 2 miles and cutting the grass, 3 miles. I'm so tired I can't see straight. What a day.
    July 17, 6 Miles Debbie Rocker AM & PM walks and Belly Blasting Walk
    July 19 5 Miles 5.2 Day Slim Down
    July 20 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge and 1 Debbie Rocker Mile
    July 21 6 Miles Walking for Weight Loss-debbie rocker and 3 Mile Power Walk Plus Went to Zumba tonight and I think I can safely say I walked 3 miles in that class, maybe more...
    July 22 5 Miles Walk You Belly Flat and Walking for Weight loss by Jessica Smith
    Jul 23 4 Miles Walk, Sculpt and Tone with Debbie Rocker
    July 24 5 miles... 4 Mile Super Challenge and fast mile 2 of Walk of Even More Weight

28 Miles to go.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I can't really set a goal this month as I am doing too much traveling. So, my goal will be as many miles as I can while visiting my son and new granddaughter and then traveling later in the month! July is busy this year!

July 4-Endomondo tracked 3.13 miles walked around my son's neighborhood in the The Hague. I miss my USA fireworks Happy 4th to all the Americans!
    July 12- Endomondo tracked 6.23 miles walked in Amsterdam. We traveled from The Hague to Ann Frank's house in Amsterdam today as my wonderful Daughter-in-law knew I loved Ann's diary and bought us tickets as a gift. What an experience to actually see and be in the very rooms where Ann wrote her diary. In her room, all the pictures she glued to her wall of her favorite movie stars/art etc are preserved. Most heart wrenching were the lines her parents drew on the wall charting the growth of Ann and her sister Margot. It is amazing how children and their parents continue to do the most normal things even in the most abnormal of circumstances. It was an emotional day, but added miles to my month at least! 9.36 total
    July 21-Jet lag and traveling to my mountain home in NY have prevented me from walking,even with Leslie! However, that ended today with my first mountain hike of the season! 1 mile hike up a pretty steep assent. 10.36 total
    July 22- Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.38 miles=12.74 total
    July 24- Endomondo tracked mountain Hike-2.25 miles=14.99 total
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Texasgardnr- :flowerforyou: sorry to hear you are hurt dear-hopefully recovery will be swift and you will be able to get back into your routine soon.

Pinkypan1 don't want to hear "only" in your post k?? Let's try that again shall we?

Say it with me folks:"Woohoo!!" I did 4 miles today!!" Now that's how we do it here right folks? :happy:

zichab hiking wonderful!
    AnnofB July drinker- lol you are pushing it out and Bandit5125 you are smokin!
    Alex still nibbling and such an encourager thank you.

A bit of emotional eating having listened to someone's heartbreak I took to the ice cream. After recording what I ate today I decided to do 6 miles with Leslie her 5k with a twist (twice) followed by a mile on my own to unwind and recharge the sugared mind.
    Reading the posts helped get me back on track. Thanks to all of you.
    82/110
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Was away for a few days and did different workouts upon return, so no walking milage logged over the last week.
    Did 4 miles with the Super Challenge today (plus 30 minutes of Karen Voight's Weighted Workout). Will be back in daily routine next week!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    (2) 5 advanced miles with Leslie today

3 miles outside today

169 miles with Leslie to date

109 miles outside to date

280 miles total to date

goal 150 ----MET MY FIRST GOAL!!!!

next goal is to get to 245 miles by the end of the month!!! ~~~~~~MADE MY SECOND GOAL!!!!!!
  • 2essie
    Options
    Just 2.66 miles walked yesterday. It is too hot and sticky and we are not used to it being like this so not a lot of walking for me just lately :sad:

113.23 miles walked to date. Just 7 miles to go to target but if this weather keeps up, who knows if I will make it. Iam sure I will :bigsmile:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Just checking in here.... haven't walked with Leslie this month so far.

Lots of yard renovation going on so getting a lot steps in and weight lifting - wheelbarrow and digging ... oh yeah some days the muscles sure hurt!!!

Making miles though - so far 79.2 miles.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Texasgardnr- :flowerforyou: sorry to hear you are hurt dear-hopefully recovery will be swift and you will be able to get back into your routine soon.

Pinkypan1 don't want to hear "only" in your post k?? Let's try that again shall we?

Say it with me folks:"Woohoo!!" I did 4 miles today!!" Now that's how we do it here right folks? :happy:

zichab hiking wonderful!
    AnnofB July drinker- lol you are pushing it out and Bandit5125 you are smokin!
    Alex still nibbling and such an encourager thank you.

A bit of emotional eating having listened to someone's heartbreak I took to the ice cream. After recording what I ate today I decided to do 6 miles with Leslie her 5k with a twist (twice) followed by a mile on my own to unwind and recharge the sugared mind.
    Reading the posts helped get me back on track. Thanks to all of you.
    82/110

Thank you for the kick in the pants call out!!! I sincerely mean it. "WOOHOO!!!""I was not even aware that I worded my walk that way. LOL I came home from my walk hurting and discouraged. It was not until I logged in here to post today's walk that I saw this. I have neuropathy in my left foot and I have continued to walk regardless but it was so much worse yesterday and I had to forced my self to end my walk. I decided today was a rest day...but nope I got out there and did another 6.5 miles. I am icing the foot and all will be fine once again. That you for the encouragement and keeping me motivated.

Total 122/135
  • lidenalex
    Options
    morning: 3.5 miles
    afternoon: 3.5 miles

total to date: 186 miles

total calories to date: -12000 cal
  • 2essie
    Options
    4.81 miles walked today