Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Forgot my goggles today so it was an all backstroke day

44 minute mile, personal best, 2200m in 61 minutes, also PB

tomorrow is a drylander day ....i'm thinking a run, I've been avoiding this because of fear of stressing the knees. But I've dropped enough weight that I think I can give it a try. I'm hoping for a triathlon pace ..about 12k
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    1600 yds in about 45 minutes, alternating swimming and pulling. The ankle wasn't too bad as the pain is mostly with side to side motions as opposed to the regular flex and I babied it a bit. It's also not a bad sprain and seems to be coming along nicely in healing. I've put it up and iced it the last two evenings and while the bruise looks worse, the swelling is much better.

Best of luck if you try running Stephen! I've never loved it enough to stick with it but it might turn out to be your next exercise of choice. Good to hear you had a 'proper' swim, Gently. And Fishgutzy, you're a beast.

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Forgot my goggles today so it was an all backstroke day
    tomorrow is a drylander day ....i'm thinking a run, I've been avoiding this because of fear of stressing the knees. But I've dropped enough weight that I think I can give it a try. I'm hoping for a triathlon pace ..about 12k
    @stephenrhinton Great work Stephen!! B) I actually ran my first 5km, 10km and Sprint Triathlon ( 5km ) races this summer. If you have never ran before or just getting back into running think about investing in a good pair of running shoes from a store dedicated to running ( Running Room, Walk Run and More etc ) they will help prevent/reduce the chances of injuries caused by poor shoes. As one of my MFP Running friends said in another forum Good Shoes are cheaper than Physio Therapy.
    You can try the C25K ( Couch to 5 km ) program ( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k )
    There is a great post on page 1 of this forum http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/976388/what-to-do-before-you-start/p1

Warning it can become just as addictive as swimming, with my pool closed for September I am trying for 140km of running in September. I managed 89 km in August.
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Still no swimming today but I will try tomorrow. I get off the medication tomorrow so I will see how much I'll be able to swim. I'll be so glad to not have to run.........
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2700SCM
    Masters

500 warmup as
    200 free
    150 br
    100 back
    50 fly

2X400 free build by 100 on 7.00

8X50 scull odds long dog evens feet first

4X200 IM odds IMO evens RIMO on 4.00

200 easy

Nearly left when saw it written up but it was surprisingly ok!!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hello, new to the group. Started swimming last March after something like a 35 years hiatus. Or as someone said "a heckuva taper".

Coming off a back injury from last weekend so took it easy tonight
    1700 (yards) free
    2:45/100 pace

Had the pool to myself with three lifeguards. First time in months swimming with the lights on.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    Hello, new to the group. Started swimming last March after something like a 35 years hiatus. Or as someone said "a heckuva taper".

Awesome!! I got back into swimming last August after a 27 year "taper."

• galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Finally swam. I have no clue how much I swam but I was so happy to be in the water that I got 2 hrs. :smiley:
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    Water Aerobics class when I came into the pool today. So I joined that for the last half hour, then swam 950m.
  • nuffer
    Options
    Forgot my swim watch and lost track of laps after ten minutes. 45 minutes, a bit faster than yesterday. Nice and sunny.
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    First swim in 2 weeks for me as I have been having a flare up of an old shoulder injury and decided to rest it. 30 min swim, lost track of distance. Some pain during the swim but not feeling too bad now, will see how it is in the morning.
  • nuffer
    Options
    45 minutes, 1800 yards, 2:29/100 pace. Light rain and only one other swimmer in the pool.
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    2150 m, 61 minutes, mixed strokes, 16 sprint lengths
  • emmab0902
    Options
    2500SCM of not fun!

2X 50 free 25 br 50 back 25 fly

2X 50 br 25 back 50 fly 25 free

3X 200 back as 150 steady 50 fast on 3.30
    (3.08 3.10 3.05)

4X 50 fly kick

3X 200 IM as 150 steady 50 fast on 3.30
    (3.10 3.12 3.07)

8X 50 IMO on 60

100 easy
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    That is a tough workout Emma! Welcome to the group, nuffer.

1600 yds, mixed sets. 45-50 minutes, I think. I forgot to look at the clock. Ankle is much better. Swelling is gone except at the end of the day but it is one rainbow of a bruise! I had a slight twinge off one turn but other than that I didn't notice it.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    45 mins of mainly IM. 1200m. nice and empty my pool too
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    Forgot my swim watch and lost track of laps after ten minutes. 45 minutes, a bit faster than yesterday. Nice and sunny.
    I just use a counter that looks like a ring on my finger. A fat ring. :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    4 miles today. Nice wake up.
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    another day where my swim time clashed with the water aerobics class. so I did about 40 minutes with them, then got in about a 20 minute swim ...700m, mixed strokes, 8 sprint laps
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Got 2350 yards in 48 min yesterday.
    LOL at the "taper"-I love it! I had an 18 year taper. Maybe that explains why my shoulders are soooo tight and sore after one month of swimming four days a week? I need stretches, anyone have any suggestions?
    fishgutzy-wow, 4 miles? 10 miles? I applaud you. That's great. I'm not quite there yet.
    Happy swimming everyone!