2300m

400 warmup
    2x 200 free on 3.30
    2x 200 kick
    2x 100 free as PB +<12s
    400 as 200 back 100 free 100 br
    400 IM
    100 warmdown

Needless to say the 400IM at the end was not my idea of a good time!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    7KM today. 7 km Thursday. Rest day in Friday.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    I'm really happy for you, fishgutzy, that you get to do your swimming in China. Must make your experience there much different from other times.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    2000y 56:14
  • fishgutzy
    Robertus wrote: »
    I'm really happy for you, fishgutzy, that you get to do your swimming in China. Must make your experience there much different from other times.

Very much so. Mental health state is vastly improved. Still don't like being here. But at least it is now quite a bit more tolerable.
    Less stress. Less agitation at minor crap.
  • fishgutzy
    edited May 2016
    Second trip to the gym today was for the weight room. I hate wiping of sweat.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Today was our work party at the pool -- all families have to contribute two hours or pay an extra fee. I did an hour of shoveling and hauling beauty bark and then (after a shower, of course) got in the pool for laps. 1900 yards in 42 minutes.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Today was a unique day. Running club 10km this morning. They zigged - I zagged as a result I didn't see them except from about 5km away from a viewpoint on one hill looking across the valley at the other hill.
    Had a amazing - unique swim workout tonight. Tri-Athlon Club open water practise in the pool. Sighting, passing, crowd swimming etc. Various drills all front crawl. 1500m.
    @nuffer I like the community work bee for your pool. Un fortunately labor laws-legal liability here has ended a lot of that.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited May 2016
    Class today. Five absolute beginners, a lifeguard subbing in as teacher, and me. I did some laps and helped teach; what else could I do. At least I felt useful :smile:
    Then I went and lifted weights.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    Class today. Five absolute beginners, a lifeguard subbing in as teacher, and me. I did some laps and helped teach; what else could I do. At least I felt useful :smile:
    Then I went and lifted weights.

Wow, Are you used to doing coaching? I would like to help others, but not sure I'm ready for that step.

That said, I ended my swim early today and was sitting up on the deck where I could watch the lap swimmers from above today and felt like there was a lot of very basic advice I could give to some of those in the pool doing laps. It was a real eye-opener for me to watch some of the people I've been next to for many weekends or evenings in the past. Lots of excessive crossover, lack of rolling for a breath, and kicking from the knees. I'm far from an expert, but these basics were easy to observe. Lots of extra work in the water that was not helping them move forward. I know I am in that camp as well...
  • MightyLolo
    nuffer wrote: »

Wow, Are you used to doing coaching? I would like to help others, but not sure I'm ready for that step.

I've taught English, German, Chinese, sewing, and knitting....but these were complete beginners, and the poor lifeguard had clearly never taught before. I was comfortable helping them get their legs up near the surface, kick from the hip instead of just the knee, that kind of thing. :smile:
  • MightyLolo
    Today's class was better. I worked on whip kicks, and endurance in crawl. :sweat_smile:
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    2300m

300 warmup
    4x 100 as 25 scull 25 fly 25 scull 25 br
    3x 200 kick as 200 free 200 back 200 br
    6x 100IM on 2.30
    3x 1 minute vertical kick (no fins)
    2x 150 back
    100 easy

Blew myself up in the IMs so the 150s were slow!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I was going to swim today. I had planned on doing 50m "sprints" for 25-30 minutes after a nice warm up. But the lifeguard AGAIN didn't show up on time to open the pool. So I ran a 5k on the treadmill in my swim suit (with sweats and a tank top on over it, didn't bring extra underwear). It was so humid that pretty much everything I had on was soaked anyway, lol. Oh-well. I'm writing a complaint this time, it's happened twice since I started up swimming again a couple weeks ago.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    That said, I ended my swim early today and was sitting up on the deck where I could watch the lap swimmers from above today and felt like there was a lot of very basic advice I could give to some of those in the pool doing laps. It was a real eye-opener for me to watch some of the people I've been next to for many weekends or evenings in the past. Lots of excessive crossover, lack of rolling for a breath, and kicking from the knees. I'm far from an expert, but these basics were easy to observe. Lots of extra work in the water that was not helping them move forward. I know I am in that camp as well...

@nuffer What you were at my pool looking at me. Sounds like a lot of the items I am constantly working on.
    @emmab0902 I understand the blowin yourself up on the IM's. I don't do fly but have had items scheduled in the middle of my workout that destroyed the rest of the swim.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Today: 1 mile (1800 YD) @ 75 minutes
  • fishgutzy
    7KM yesterday and today.
    Walked back to the apartment after.
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    2300m

300 warmup
    6x 100IM on 2.30
    2x 150 back
    100 easy

6x 100 IM on 2:30 is complete nastiness I would have died after that. Kudos to you speedster!
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    MightyLolo wrote: »

I've taught English, German, Chinese, sewing, and knitting....but these were complete beginners, and the poor lifeguard had clearly never taught before. I was comfortable helping them get their legs up near the surface, kick from the hip instead of just the knee, that kind of thing. :smile:

Helping others with technique always makes you more aware of what you need to do for yourself. It makes you think about how to break it down and explain it. Then you can use the same reminders for yourself. Good on ya for assisting!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    SwimmyD wrote: »
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    2300m

300 warmup
    6x 100IM on 2.30
    2x 150 back
    100 easy

6x 100 IM on 2:30 is complete nastiness I would have died after that. Kudos to you speedster!

Haha the 2.30 was fine. It was having a visiting young person in our lane and so pushing them to all between 1.30 and 1.25 is what blew me up. My PB is only a 1.23!