Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Oh man gently... Hope you feel better soon!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Got a half mile in before my cardio class (where we did sustained cardio for 45 min). And Noel, YES! to taking the cap off and finding hot hair!!
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    New to the group...and to even sort of thinking of myself as an actual "swimmer." The more I do it, the more I transition from tolerating it to enjoying it.

Anyhow, today was my 3rd swim for the week. I swam 1 mile in 39 minutes on Monday and 2 miles in 86 minutes on Tuesday (!!!). Tonight I swam 900 yards in 17:53. I am largely clueless about putting together an organized swim workout, but I did 3 x 300 on 6:00 and arrived a bit early for each set.

( I don't even know if that's the proper lingo, lol)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @gentlygently When I was in College ( many years ago ) a room-mate who was taking Nursing came down with Chronic Fatigue. She went from being a National Level Gymnastics competitor / Nursing Student to a lady who struggled to spend more than 3 hrs at a time out of bed. So I understand and feel for you.
    @ephiemarie Welcome to the Water Rats.

Swim Lessons 4/10. Back Stroke Drills, Back Stroke Drills and a little more BSD. Then some Breast Stroke Drills. Its a good thing that my Breast stroke is strong as my legs were dead after my 7km run yesterday and the Backstroke was kicking the crap out of me. 1200m in 50 mins.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    About an hour of mixed sets. I meant to swim yesterday but couldn't bring myself to get up that early after a bad night's sleep. A jam packed pool this morning meant I swam most of the hour in the lane that has the stairs in it which only lends itself to freestyle. The last ten minutes I got a regular lane to myself and did alternating back and breast.

I went to buy some new work pants yesterday. I hate buying pants because I am not really built for most of them (small waist, big hips and even bigger thighs). I kept trying on size 12(US) because that has always been my size but they were way too big. I tried on size 10 and bought two pairs. :smile: I realize there has been size inflation going on but I'll take it. The size 12's in my closet are sort of loose but I guess I had just become accustomed to it.

Sorry to hear the Body is giving you trouble, Gently. Great job everyone, whether you be speedy or not!

Welcome, ephiemarie! It sounds like you are doing a great job so far.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    54 laps (1.5 miles ) 72 minutrs.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Yep, went swimming. Delighted because pool manager okayed my fins so I used them for the first time. They are hard work though! Then got ordered out of the pool early because nudists were coming in and they have to clear everyone out for them. It was too amusing to be annoyed by it.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Absolutely HATED today's session. Felt drained and struggled from start to finish.

8X50 mixed strokes
    4X50 fly kick on back
    1000 as 75 free then 25 alt fly/back/br
    12X 25 kick
    10X 50 as 10 pullups on blocks 25 swim 12.5 run 12.5 swim
    100 easy
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    Absolutely HATED today's session. Felt drained and struggled from start to finish.

8X50 mixed strokes
    4X50 fly kick on back
    1000 as 75 free then 25 alt fly/back/br
    12X 25 kick
    10X 50 as 10 pullups on blocks 25 swim 12.5 run 12.5 swim
    100 easy

Wow! that is an unusual workout!
    The 1000 is similar to one we did on Thursday but we did it as 8x75(50 free 25fly) with 10 seconds rest. It was tough but at least we had rest.

and the 10x50 sounds like torture! That could not have been good for your shoulder!

In fact I didn't post Thursday's workout because I couldn't remember all the different exercises but in any case it was 2900m in 75 minutes. It was a bit of a taper because there is a meet this weekend (I'm not in it because I am not yet fully registered on the team yet)
  • emmab0902
    Options
    It wasn't fun at all! But I swam it in memory of my baby who passed away on 21st November 2003, and my mum who passed away on 21st November 2004.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Quick 1,125 m in 25 min before I had to rush off for a meeting.
    My back is giving me some grief, and I just had to swim as it usually help ease the pain/discomfort!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    It wasn't fun at all! But I swam it in memory of my baby who passed away on 21st November 2003, and my mum who passed away on 21st November 2004.

Emma sorry to hear that! We've lost 3 little ones, and I know the feeling!
    :disappointed:
  • emmab0902
    Options

Emma sorry to hear that! We've lost 3 little ones, and I know the feeling!
    :disappointed:

Oh my heart goes out to you AQ that would have been so tough :cry:
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    emma and AQ... *hugs* I am so sorry.

I did swim today. 1:01:33 2,200 yards. Nice solid swim.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes, hugs to you both (Emma and AQ).

Local branch of my new gym was visited yesterday and today. Yesterday wasn't much of a workout thanks to my self-inflicted hungover state, but I did feel better after my paltry 1km and stint in the jacuzzi.

Today was better with a 250m warm up, main set of 2km in a slow-for-me 42 and a half mins, then a 250m cool down.

I also asked if i can use fins in the pool and yes, they do allow them, but only if you are swimming in a lane either by yourself or with just one other person.

• emmab0902
    Options
    2500m session that looked awful on the board, but which I actually enjoyed.
    200 warmup
    200 IM
    200 pull
    200 IM
    (20s rest between each 200)

100 free 10s rest then 50 back sprint
    100 free 10s rest then 50 br sprint
    100 back 10s rest then 50 free sprint
    100 br 10s rest then 50 fly sprint.
    (30s rest after each 50 and do whole set twice)

200 easy
    10X25 kick
    50 easy

• 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That is some set Emma - I am exhausted just reading about it.

OK morning this morning - 250m warm up, mixed 250m drills, 1,750m crawl and then a cool down.
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1650y 45:23

Getting my groove back on.
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm loving swimming with my waterproof iPod programmed with a "swimming Playlist" of BPM that give me some "sprinting" and paces that work for me. No more counting... just being present with the music and the water.
  • AquaticQuests
    edited November 2015
    Options
    14km run in the morning 14 kms ( in about 2 hours)
    2.5 km swim (about two hours) in the evening to tray and ease my aching limbs.
    Lots of calories burned today