Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    emma and AQ... *hugs* I am so sorry.

I did swim today. 1:01:33 2,200 yards. Nice solid swim.
    Thanks Noel and that really was a solid long swim!
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    2500m session that looked awful on the board, but which I actually enjoyed.
    200 warmup
    200 IM
    200 pull
    200 IM
    (20s rest between each 200)

100 free 10s rest then 50 back sprint
    100 free 10s rest then 50 br sprint
    100 back 10s rest then 50 free sprint
    100 br 10s rest then 50 fly sprint.
    (30s rest after each 50 and do whole set twice)

200 easy
    10X25 kick
    50 easy

Wow!
    dlmciver wrote: »
    I'm loving swimming with my waterproof iPod programmed with a "swimming Playlist" of BPM that give me some "sprinting" and paces that work for me. No more counting... just being present with the music and the water.

Yay! Glad to see another join the music facilitated SPM/ BPM team :-)

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    This will be the only day I get to the pool because of the holiday break, so I made good use of it and did and extra 1/4 mile: 63 laps (3,150 yards) 1.78 miles
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    After ten days of travel and conference, I was excited to get back in my "home" pool yesterday. So excited that I forgot my goggles and had to go back to the locker room to get them after the first 50.

3000 yards in 71 minutes, slowish pace and crowded pool on a crisp and sunny morning.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Yes I did - 1 mile in 50 minutes, which is great for me. Used my new fins and I felt soo fast :-D
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Yes, a mile. I think it was in 51 min. I did Ms J's workout and added 10 laps. Nice quiet pool today :) I love holiday weeks!
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love Monday evenings. The crowd is light. Tonight it was 3 people in 6 lanes; and my start and finish was all by myself.

1650 in 45 minutes, and the first time in a REALLY long time it was all freestyle with 69 uninterrupted flip turns.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Nice empty pool this morning (two to a lane only for most of it). 250m warm up, 2km free and 250m cool down. 55 minutes.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Sticking with the empty pool theme, that was how mine was too. The whole lane to myself for the entire swim. When I got out, nobody was in there at all. I know that lasted only a few minutes because I passed another swimmer heading in as I headed out.

I swam about an hour, mixed sets and strokes with some drills and kicking with fins. A total hodgepodge but it felt good.

I'm off to Seattle, Washington for a week so no pool for me until probably next Thursday. For those of you who celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving! For the rest of you, swim on and throw in an extra lap for me. :smile:
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    @mpeters1965, welcome to the PNW!! Bring your wooly socks ;) We're headed into a cold spell here in Portland. Best part is, it makes for sunny weather! Then again, that means taking time to dry my hair after a swim...
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    @mpeters1965, welcome to the PNW!! Bring your wooly socks ;) We're headed into a cold spell here in Portland. Best part is, it makes for sunny weather! Then again, that means taking time to dry my hair after a swim...

Packing up the woolies right now! I'm looking forward to some cold weather. Until just a few days ago, Florida was still in the upper 80's every day. After a long hot summer, I'm ready for a change. (and then to run back here in a week and thaw out!)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    matthew_b wrote: »
    I love Monday evenings. The crowd is light. Tonight it was 3 people in 6 lanes; and my start and finish was all by myself.
    1650 in 45 minutes, and the first time in a REALLY long time it was all freestyle with 69 uninterrupted flip turns.
    Due to a wonky auditory canal all I can say is so Nauseous after about 4-6 flip turns.

Packing up the woolies right now! I'm looking forward to some cold weather. Until just a few days ago, Florida was still in the upper 80's every day. After a long hot summer, I'm ready for a change. (and then to run back here in a week and thaw out!)
    A couple hundred miles North-West of you @girlwithcurls2 and at least 10-15 degrees colder - Heat wave coming our way this weekend.

1 hour of lessons tonight - probably 1100-1300 meters.

Hoping to go for a run after I have dried off as I need to get a few more long runs in as I have 3 races coming up, the Jingle Bell Jog December 13, the "Chilly Willy" Half Marathon on February 7, 2016 and The Hypothermic Half Marathon on February 21, 2015.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize how much I slacked this month! I swam tonight, 2300 yards including kicking with my new kick board I received for my birthday. When I synced my Garmin tonight, I saw that it was only my third swim this month! I've exercised in other ways-running, spinning, HIIT...December will be a better month. I need to get on track!
    Happy thanksgiving to those of you in the US. Happy swimming to you all!
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    A half hour swim before the cardio class. I always love getting some laps in. If nothing else, I get to practice being long, deliberate, working hard (in case class isn't too challenging). Tonight, I think the instructor worked us extra hard because we won't see her until Monday night. I hope I can put my socks on tomorrow...
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500m aerobic session

2X (75 free 50 free 25 free)

6X50 kick on 1.15

2X (200 free on 3.30 4X50 back on 1 2X100 free on 2 holding 1.20)

8X75 pull (4 free 2 br 2 double armed back)

100 easy

Nice session.
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am Thankful for having a pool to swim in year round, and from what I hear from all of you, the fact that I usually have a lane all to myself. Can't wait until Saturday... it's closed the next two days.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hi again all - sorry for yet more radio silence. Emma and AQ - I have been thinking of you both...more -hugs -

So I did at last get a swim in TUesday morning - also nice and quiet. Not thanksgiving related over here tho! It was my usual 1k 'Glassmills' routine, a mix up of all sorts of drills etc - 36 mins. So not bad after a 2 week health break.... It was good to be in the pool.

But I doubt I'll be in again this week. I'm back in bed again, whilst my daughter is at her swim class (!), recovering from the latest 'mum goes to hospital' adventures...hey ho.

Still I did buy that skipping rope (2 actually) and me and the daughter have been amusing the commuters skipping in the front garden in the morning. I can only get to 35 boxer style jumps in a row so far, and boy Oh boy does it get your heart going. An impact mat is on its way via Amazon - my shins already feeling this one!
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    I didn't swim yesterday (took a day off) and today I traded my swim for a 5 mile run with my daughter and her boyfriend. A good start to a day of cooking, eating and sitting. The sun was shining and loads of people were out and doing the same thing. Super fun. Then the boy friend bought us coffee :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Swim Lessons 6/10. 600m of Kick drills - kick drills - More Kick drills. 700m of mixed stroke drills. Total of 1300m in 60 minutes.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    2500m
    400 warm up
    12x100 on 1:45
    8x25 backstroke
    8x50 freestyle on 55
    2x200
    3x100 backstroke easy

The 12x100 on 1:45 were real "old school" set and reminded me of my early swimteam days...
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Missed Wednesday and Thursday due to no sleep. Made it back in the pool this morning for a 2km crawl (42 mins) and and 250m cool down. Then I sat in the Jacuzzi to recover! I never did that in my old pool as the jacuzzi looked dirty, but the new gyms one is beautifully clean :)