Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1200m FR Crawl Drills with the Adult Swim Club.
    The Pool has now warmed up to about 23C ( 74F ) so not super hot but warmer than I would like.
    @NoelFigart1 I understand your feeling about the temperature of the water in the pools being to warm at most pools. The price we pay for having a Public pool that caters to Families as they pay more than their fair share of the costs.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    4000 yards this morning (80 laps in 75 minutes, not bad). Another 7000 planned for this afternoon. This is my 10km (11,000 yards) days.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My pool opens again on Monday....you are all inspiring me! :smile:
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    2 miles in 66 minutes.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    44 lengths. Legs are feeling stronger and I'm faster in the water.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Only 100 laps this morning, 5000 yards.
    Got a lot of yard work to do today.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @fishgutzy: once again I'm in awe of your workouts.

Today I completed my longest swim ever: 3600 yards in 81 minutes. Afterward the muscles in my lower legs were randomly twitching for about 30 minutes. Didn't hurt but sure felt (and looked) strange. I drank two servings of Mio during my swim and only fought off a cramp once at about the 2500 yard mark.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    5 minutes. No real distance. But I was in 50F open water starting spring training.

My word that is cold.

http://swimasslowaschristmas.blogspot.com/2016/04/disappointing-spring-scream.html
  • nuffer
    Options
    @NoelFigart1 : oh my, that had to be difficult. I remember swimming in the river when I was a kid in early summer, all snow melt coming out of the Sierras and it literally takes your breath away. 50F is dang cold!

So my legs were doing exactly what's in this YouTube video after my swim today. It is oddly disturbing seeing your muscles randomly firing like this. It wasn't painful. https://youtube.com/watch?v=UF67iX5miv8
  • Robertus
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    So my legs were doing exactly what's in this YouTube video after my swim today. It is oddly disturbing seeing your muscles randomly firing like this. It wasn't painful. https://youtube.com/watch?v=UF67iX5miv8
    Have you had that before? Any idea what causes it?
  • Robertus
    Options
    5.4 miles, some biking & walking too.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I mostly worked on whip kicks in class today. I'm terrible at them; it's right where I'm weak, post-hip-surgery. Will work more tomorrow. My (closest) pool is open again!
  • nuffer
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »

No idea. I think I was well-hydrated. Seeing a sports doc in a couple of weeks...
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    1100m or so, 45 mins, lots of thinking about putting my lesson into action - so tired legs now...
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1500 ~40:00

I really have no better idea how long the swim took. For some reason I kept turning the timer off instead of hitting the interval button on my watch. (In my field this is an ID-10-T error). Anyway, as irritated as I am that I do not have a granularity of data, I am pretty sure my body doesn't care. I swam...
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I forgot to log this Saturday. I blame low blood sugar.

70 laps (3500m) @ 115 minutes.

I've decided on Saturdays to just go and swim until I am out of gas. I don't know if I was out of gas this time but I was definitely close. I'm not saying IHOP's orange juice and sirloin/eggs combo saved my life but it sure didn't hurt.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »

I've experienced this a few times-- upper arm and upper thighs are most common. For me it seems to be associated with exercising after being sedentary for some period, and also with dehydration (maybe a salt/potassium deficiency?]
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    It's monday, so I got my 1.5 miles in--
  • nuffer
    Options
    62 minutes but quite a few breaks for 2600 yards. Had to share a lane which I thought put me off my pace but I maintained what is (for me) a good average of 2:14/100y
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    49:31 1800