Did you swim today?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Did 100 warm up free/breast then 8x50 free and 4x50 breast then 200 cool down free/breast. 25 minutes total. Oh, I did a few random laps on my back just kicking with my arms straight ahead too. Then I sat in a *kitten* hot *kitten* hot tub. He was topping it off when I had first got there and he must have used steaming hot water. Anyway, shoulders feel good now, lol.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Wow Alicia. What a great experience .... Hope you are hanging on in there Emma ...

Rahmat - glad u like to swim. The best thing is to post questions, so people can debate the answer - like Evik kick boards.

I've been away a couple of weeks... Doubt I'll get a good swim in til next week. (Kiddy care) Mmm, it would be so good to ease out the tensions developing in my shoulders and get those endorphins. But still, a lot of coastal path have been walked an impressive pace - the only person who could keep up with me was a fellow swimmer.

(No - the sea did not look tempting !)
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Eeeevill kickboards! hahahah. Gggrr.
    Swimming later today; first time since, umm, Friday? I can't wait!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    @aliciamariaq Well done. It sounds like you not only had a great swim, but a great experience. Envious that you have gotten to swim in that stadium, it looked lovely during the Olympics. :)
  • Montepulciano
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Last night was packing and cleaning. No swim.
    In Shanghai today. No pool until I get home.
    Airport tomorrow morning at 9:00.
    Next swim will be Thursday morning.

Safe Travels :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    54 laps in 72 minutes. Good to be back after the pool was closed for a week--
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Fantastic swim report @aliciamariaq -- thanks for sharing and congrats on your success.

Had a nice hour long session on Saturday, back on pace. I think the cycling is helping get me going. Now I'm looking at another four days away camping. If the lake isn't too cold I may give some open water swimming a try.
  • nuffer
    Just checked online -- water temperature at the lake is 56F (13C) -- going to have to find a wetsuit if I'm getting in that!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    *grin* C'mon @nuffer. I'm getting in a lake tonight that's about that temp. You can do it! (If you don't have a heart condition. Don't try then, cause we like you and don't want you hurting yourself)
  • nuffer
    *grin* C'mon @nuffer. I'm getting in a lake tonight that's about that temp. You can do it! (If you don't have a heart condition. Don't try then, cause we like you and don't want you hurting yourself)

No heart condition -- but I've got a terminal case of wimpiness!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Triathlon swim club tonight, only 4 of the 8 made it so we covered a lot of extra drills.
    Pacing, Ladder drill lengths on 10 seconds rest.
    Passing, 2x2 takeover drill. 2 swimmers in front 2 behind them drafting, then pull out and pass then back swimmers pull in behind you and draft. Then they give you the foot tap and pull out and pass. You don't realize how much you gain from a draft until you pull out to pass.

Sighting. Heads up after every 2nd stroke to sneak a peek. The instructor would throw Balls and lifejackets out in front of us so if we weren't sighting we would run into them.

Then a fun/crazy challenge. Close the entrance to the water slide, turn it on and in the recovery pool attempt to swim up the current and touch the water slide. A real exercise in control as the water coming out of the slide push's you left and right so its hard to maintain control and requires lots of legs. As you get closer to the slide the water is still a solid stream meaning every foot forward the pressure increased dramatically. A great drill in breathing control, sighting and body position control.
    2200m
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    2050m

400 free
    400 back
    200 breaststroke

10x25 fly kick on back

4x 100IM drill

4x100 free with paddles

I got out at this point as back was sore - flip turns still giving me lots of discomfort. Physio thinks it's the L4 L5 and S1 vertebrae all jamming up. Lots of constant pain last two days.
  • Montepulciano
    3000 yards 65 minutes.

I thought I was doing well, until someone who is actually in fairly good swimming shape got in the lane with me. Well, something to aim for!
  • nuffer
    3000 yards 65 minutes.

I thought I was doing well, until someone who is actually in fairly good swimming shape got in the lane with me. Well, something to aim for!

You are closing in on doing that 3k in an hour! Also my goal. I find that swimming next to someone faster affects my pace.

Now to find an hour...bus was late getting me home last night so I could only do a short swim. 1500y in 32 minutes.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Butt Day at the gym today. I hope I can flutter kick tomorrow! o.O
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I swam today! Also found out the pool will be closed till next Tuesday. I'm hoping it's not going to be freezing cold when they open it up again, no one could answer me, so I may just avoid it for a few more days, lol. Today I did 150 warm up, then 50, 100, 150, 200, 150, 100, 50. The 150's were breast stroke, the rest were freestyle. Not much time for a cool down, I just went directly in to the hot tub, lol. 27 minutes in the pool (and 5 in the hot tub!)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Recovering from the long travel day. Good to be back home. Hoping to get in the pool layer today.
  • Montepulciano
    Welcome home, fishgutzy.

Swam 3200 in an hour 19 minutes. Doing some sets that are a touch longer, so that is good. :smile:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Welcome home, fishgutzy.

Swam 3200 in an hour 19 minutes. Doing some sets that are a touch longer, so that is good. :smile:

Damn. If could swim my 4 miles at that pace of be done in about 45 minutes instead of 130 minutes.
  • Montepulciano
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Welcome home, fishgutzy.

Damn. If could swim my 4 miles at that pace of be done in about 45 minutes instead of 130 minutes.

You may have missed that hour in there...so an 79 minutes...which is about 30 minute miles...ish.