Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    2700 in 75 minutes
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Fastest mile I swam was 29:15, when I was severely overtrained. Haven't worked on speed since then and may not again, but you guys are tempting me!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Fastest mile (1650 yards) I did was...a very,very long time ago. I try and enjoy what I am doing and not look back too much. :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @emmab0902 Glad to see that you are able to get back into the water. Good call on walking away when you feel discomfort/pain.

@Montepulciano Great distance/speed. There is always someone who is a better swimmer which gives us a goal to reach for.

@MonkeyMel21 I always hope that the pool is cool as I get a better swim in. Nice working on incremental ladders.

Triathlon Swim Club again last night. 1200m of drills. They keep throwing us in the water slide recovery pool - simulates swimming in the rough churned up water at a group start - great for breathing confidence. Today they had 2 of us at the same time for a 30 second swim so you had the crowd and churned up water. The outflow from the water slide would throw you around so there was a little incidental bumping/contact with the other swimmer. As the gorilla in the group I am nervous when paired up with any of the ladies. A really enjoyable drill actually.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Welcome home, fishgutzy.

Swam 3200 in an hour 19 minutes. Doing some sets that are a touch longer, so that is good. :smile:

Damn. If could swim my 4 miles at that pace of be done in about 45 minutes instead of 130 minutes.

You may have missed that hour in there...so an 79 minutes...which is about 30 minute miles...ish.

Haha! I keyed on the numbers. :smile:
    Had a Dick Lexik moment.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    5000 yards this morning. Planning another 6000 after work. That's about 10km.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Wow nice double work out, fishgutzy!

3200 yards 73 minutes...there that way there are no hours and things.

You know you are a distance swimmer when three quarters of the way through your workout you finally find you rhythm/stroke

Accomplishment for the week 2 sets of 4 X 100 on the 2:00 minutes. :)
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2100m today. Too much breaststroke though!

200 warmup
    4x 100 br as swim/kick by 25
    4x 100 free on 1.45 holding 1.24 race
    2x 100 as alt br fast/free steady by 25
    2x 100 br long glide
    4x 50 back on 1.20
    100 free steady
    4x 50 IMO on 60
    200 warmdown

Turns still hurt. And I'm having to drive the car with my left leg/foot lol.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    2400m
    400 warm up
    8x100 on 2min
    4X 100 kick on 2:30
    12x50 on 1:15
    200 cool down

Nice long intervals so I could concentrate on stroke and pace. Enjoyed that.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I swam Monday, Thursday and today (Saturday). They all followed the same pattern of 45-55 minutes of mixed drills, kicking, and swim sets. This morning was fantastic though. The pool doesn't open until 8:00 so I was swimming in daylight and the sky was a perfect blue. As I did backstroke, the droplets that my hands threw into the air sparkled in the sun. It was quite pretty! I also managed to not run into the lane lines once while swimming backstroke and my speed sets were speedier than usual, all around 54-55 seconds for 50yds. I'll call it a good one and hopefully keep the good mood through the day. :smile:

My oldest daughter is coming home to visit on Monday after moving across country the first week of January. For once I am hoping the weekend speeds by!
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    I swam Monday, Thursday and today (Saturday). They all followed the same pattern of 45-55 minutes of mixed drills, kicking, and swim sets. This morning was fantastic though. The pool doesn't open until 8:00 so I was swimming in daylight and the sky was a perfect blue. As I did backstroke, the droplets that my hands threw into the air sparkled in the sun. It was quite pretty! I also managed to not run into the lane lines once while swimming backstroke and my speed sets were speedier than usual, all around 54-55 seconds for 50yds. I'll call it a good one and hopefully keep the good mood through the day. :smile:

My oldest daughter is coming home to visit on Monday after moving across country the first week of January. For once I am hoping the weekend speeds by!

Sounds like a great swim. I swim indoors, which is lovely when it is snowing or raining, but I miss out on the sun across the water. Have a great visit with your daughter.
  • Linda_Jaques
    Linda_Jaques Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    not today, I had to work : :(
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Didn't get to the pool today. Chest congestion and phlegm. Got a little worse today. Hard to swim when I'm coughing up a lung.
    I still think it is a reaction to pollen in China last week.
    Hopefully I can swim tomorrow.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Feel better fishgutzy.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Today I started putting arms and kicks together for butterfly stroke. I believe it's going to work!
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    Today I started putting arms and kicks together for butterfly stroke. I believe it's going to work!

I hope it does!

Sounds like a great swim. I swim indoors, which is lovely when it is snowing or raining, but I miss out on the sun across the water. Have a great visit with your daughter.

I swim indoors for about half the year but really enjoy getting out. The only real downside when we are outside is that there are no rafters to look at and keep my backstroke straight!
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    I swim indoors. I'm a redhead; I do outdoor stuff in sleeves and a hat. :smile:
  • mpeters1965
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    I swim indoors. I'm a redhead; I do outdoor stuff in sleeves and a hat. :smile:

Ha! That's the same for my husband and oldest daughter. It's a part of why she moved from Florida to Washington state. She got a sunburn through the car window while we were driving through Nebraska in January! (She also says Florida is weird, which is actually quite true. When you read the weirdest news stories, they always seem to originate here!) My youngest and I are darker but I'm still all about sunscreen! The sun here is brutal.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    O2 sat is down to 94%. Usually 99/100.
    Congestion sux.
    Thunder storms this afternoon. Pool closed during this.
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Dang, fishgutzy, I hope you feel better forthwith!
    New instructor today; my old instructor got a promotion. I will miss her, but it's hard to begrudge her that acknowledgment of her awesomeness. :wink:
    The new instructor isn't bad; I feel like what she had us doing with the kickboards, helped my stroke rather than ruining it. It's hard to explain; I'm gonna play the 'beginner card' and not try. :blush:
    And lots of exercise! The kickboard laps had me winded.