Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    3600 yards @ 78 minutes.

Is it just me or does cologne and perfume, any scent really, sink down to the pool surface and then seem to magnify? Today I was dying for a few minutes when someone walked in with way too much perfume, but the life guard could not smell it. Hmmmmm.

Congrats on a very nice pace.

And yeah, the scent does come down and float on the water. Last year there was a mom who would sit 20 feet from the pool's edge that had the worst smelling perfume. It actually made me gag and I had to leave a couple of times when I couldn't move to another lane...
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Swam 1 mile yesterday and 2 miles today (62 minutes) then biked 9 miles. Time to walk to the store to get a few groceries.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Worked on crawl stroke today, after a week (ish) of concentrating on butterfly. I feel like it got ever so slightly easier all on its own :smile: despite my shoulder still being very sore. I divided my time between the "easy" lane and the free swim area, and I can't help noticing I swim better in the free swim area, just out of confidence. I'm going to the early morning lap swim tomorrow, even if all I do is watch for a while.
  • nuffer
    Options
    Got in the pool but very distracted and not feeling it. Did a few 50y intervals with increasing pace. Burnt some calories but otherwise not very useful. 2000y in 43 minutes of swimming. More rests than I'm used to doing.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2400m

200 warmup

10x 200 as

1 and 6 200 free negative split
    2 and 7 200IM
    3 and 8 200 br as 100 kick 100 swim
    4 and 9 200 back negative split
    5 and 10 8x 25 fly on 35

30 seconds rest between each 200

100 easy after number 5 and 10

Tough session!!!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Missed logging Yesterdays Triathlon Swim Club.
    100m Pull, 100m Crawl, 100m Kick as warm-up.
    Broken 200m Pyramid sets. Flip turns in deep end.
    8 x 25m @ 45
    4 x 50m @ 1:15
    2 x 100m @ 2:30
    1 x 200m @ 4:00
    2 x 100m @ 2:30
    4 x 50m @ 1:15
    8 x 25m @ 45
    4 x 25m Breathing on 3 outbound,5 inbound
    Rest
    400m Timed Swim; 10:12.
    8 people in a double lane: Picture 2 People swimming shoulder to shoulder outbound on the Right side of the lane and then inbound on the far Left side of the lane. This was done to imitate the crowded swimming conditions at the mass start of a Triathlon and the boost you get from drafting a slightly faster swimmer and how difficult it is to pass a swimmer who is ahead of you. On every inbound length the person in 2nd row would try to pass the person in-front of them. You also got the rebound waves from the edge of the pool, waves being created by the Coach's/Life Guard's and the side current from where the water slide recovery pool dumps back into the main pool.

300 warm up + 1500m of drills + 400m = 2200m.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Barely 2000 meters but I was happy because I had missed about a week of swimming do to parties, concerts and social events which involved lots of eating and drinking.
    Boy I needed that swim this morning and I feel so much better.
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Swim class today; shoulder so sore I didn't even get in the water yesterday. New job starts in 47 hours. I'm truly excited about this amazing job (and fairly passionate about rent and groceries, come to that), but I'm afraid I'll lose my swimming momentum. I'm going to check out an expensive and pretentious athletic club (no mere gym, this) around the corner from the new job, that has a reputable aquatics program. I'd rather pay too much, than give up.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @MightyLolo - it is rather addictive and do take care of your shoulder. Good luck at the new job!
  • nuffer
    Options
    finally found time to get a longer swim done. 3150 yards in 70 minutes. Felt so nice and loved outlasting the sprinters in the lanes around me...added bonus, getting it all done before the thunderstorm closed the pool!
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    @MightyLolo - it is rather addictive and do take care of your shoulder. Good luck at the new job!

VERY addictive; lol. I ADORE moving in water. But also, I have goals. I seriously want to 'get good', especially at...well, everything but breast stroke, I guess, heh. :wink:
    It's important enough to me that I'm seriously considering this switch from my $19/month Gold's Gym membership, to the $184/month "athletic club"...they don't just have a pool; they have a masters team, and coaching. you know? :heart:
    I know people who don't get my priorities...I don't waste my Senior Games dreams on them; I just give them a cold-eyed, "Fitness is not a luxury." :smirk:
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Talking to the Life Guards Yesterday there was 1 lane swimmer. Today being fathers day - all the dads must have had hall passes. 15 swimmers and 3 dble lanes.
    Me and 3 in the fast lane, 5 in the middle lane, 6 in the slow lane.
    At least we were speed matched so it actually worked out for a decent swim. Crawl and more crawl 2000m. It was all members of the local - Triathlon group. Near the end of the swim the one lady and myself starting tag team drafting one of our co-members/friends as a joke without him realizing it and we were laughing as he kept complaining that he felt slow and heavy. We did tell him at the end of the swim and he had a good laugh with us.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2050m

250 warmup
    4x 100 back on 2.10
    200 free no breathing past/until flags off walls
    4x 100 free breathe 2/3/4/5 by 25 (hate on 4!!)
    2x 250 as 100 back/50 fly/100 breaststroke
    200 IM
    100 easy

Didn't enjoy this. Felt yuk in the water and sluggish.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Swam this morning, totally lost track of what I was doing. Something like 8x50 free 8x50 breast 4x50 back. 30 minutes total then sauna!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today: 1 mile @ 73 minutes
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Nooner. 1200m in 40ish, a little to much social time on the wall. B)
  • nuffer
    Options
    Played hooky for a noon swim. 3100 yds in 71 minutes.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    2 miles in 61 minutes on my lunch hour.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my erratic schedule: today's swim was 75 laps / 2.13 miles in ~ 100 minutes.