Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Struggled a bit today but 1.7k in an hour. Virtually all FC but cooled down with BRST.
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wow look at all these new folks. everyone is doing so great. hopefully I will be back in the pool on Friday, I've been taking time off to try and get some major projects done.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    All freestyle (in yards) today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 1114 minutes......
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Make that 114 minutes.....
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Swam 2.32 km in 45 mins this morning - felt good. Off for a long weekend in the countryside tomorrow so no swimming until Tuesday now.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    3 miles. Finally got up and going early enough to make it to the 6am masters practice. Got to the gym early so I could do a quick mile warm-up beforehand. Apparently, they've suspended the Thursday practice while the coach recovers from her knee replacement surgery. So I had a nice chat with a couple of other swimmers who showed up for practice. At least I'm not the only one who doesn't look at the schedule. Then I swam a couple of more miles to get in the distance. I have always enjoyed exercising later in the day, but it is always difficult to carve out the time. If I can re-adjust my lazy morning habits, and make exercise into a morning habit, I hope to be more consistent.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Nice swim, Panda, enjoy your weekend & travel safely.....

Rob - I'm also not a morning person, but I do much better getting my swim in at 6am when the pool opens. At least it gives me the rest of the day to get stuff done, when I used to go later it killed the entire day...

Had to do the freestyle workout today because the pool was too crowded to do I.M.'s: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 yards in 114 minutes.....

Have to figure how to make tomorrow work - I have to leave early so I can help my wife with something. I was going to do the freestyle workout & do just 1 set of 1500 yards, but I'd like to get another I.M. workout in for the week. Once I see how long it will take me to get from the gym to where I'm meeting her I'll figure out how to set the workout up. I'll make sure I get all the I.M.'s in & cut from the freestyle sets.....
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Swam for about an hour. Mostly sprint intervals mixed with kicks. I felt off with everything, technique, speed, breathing, etc. Oh well, better than not swimming at all.
  • Robertus
    Options
    Macstraw wrote: »
    Rob - I'm also not a morning person, but I do much better getting my swim in at 6am when the pool opens. At least it gives me the rest of the day to get stuff done, when I used to go later it killed the entire day...
    It also elevates your metabolism for the whole day, which is probably more helpful for weight loss. I've always been a morning person, in that I love to get up very early, have my coffee, read, think, or watch TV, mostly lazy things like that. When I used to be a runner, I would occasionally take a long run and really enjoyed it, I must say, but in general I like to get the stress relief from working out after I've started experiencing the stress of the day. But, all too often, there's just too much stress that I can't get away from work until late and I like to spend evenings with my kids. So that leaves mornings, I guess if I want to consistently make time for working out. Like the rest of the world does it. But I must say that it is a lot easier to find a parking space at my gym at 5:20 am.

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Well I'm resigned to the fact that this is a lost week. 2 abortive swims that lasted all of 12 minutes each and gym sessions that didn't happen. Hopefully next week I'm back on track!
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    *headscratch* Were you afraid of getting wet?

Lol! No it's the potential of electrocution from lightning strike that works as sufficient motivation. Usually I wait for abit in he pool if it's not too intense I swim through it. This time though, it was an all out downpour and just had to call it quits! Irritating though!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    Macstraw wrote: »
    It also elevates your metabolism for the whole day, which is probably more helpful for weight loss. I've always been a morning person, in that I love to get up very early, have my coffee, read, think, or watch TV, mostly lazy things like that. When I used to be a runner, I would occasionally take a long run and really enjoyed it, I must say, but in general I like to get the stress relief from working out after I've started experiencing the stress of the day. But, all too often, there's just too much stress that I can't get away from work until late and I like to spend evenings with my kids. So that leaves mornings, I guess if I want to consistently make time for working out. Like the rest of the world does it. But I must say that it is a lot easier to find a parking space at my gym at 5:20 am.

I'm finding my weight plateauing (which happens fairly often for me), I think because my body gets used to the workouts I do - I've heard it referred to as the "Postman's Syndrome", a mail carrier who walks all day still puts weight on because his/her body adjusts to the amount of walking. Don't know if it's true or not, & since weight loss isn't my priority (although I'm happy with the weight I HAVE lost & could stand to lose another 30 or so lbs.), I don't really care all that much. Keeping my strength up because of the neuropathy associated with my autoimmune disorder is the highest priority, followed closely by cardio health & overall health (blood pressure, resting pulse rate, blood work #'s, etc.)......
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Good to see all the new people in the group ... And some good swims by regulars too.

I'm pleased with today's effort. I've been working on building distance back up, and my daughter's new swim lesson is an hour long. So I just swam for the full hour (I usually do 30-45 mins) too.

1750m later... My longest recorded swim (by 50m!). I was proudly congratulating myself on having done a mile. But I checked and realise a mile is actually c1600m (real mile that is) - so I sailed past that goal. And also proved to myself I can do a decent swim early evening.

Hoping my body doesn't go into a fatigue slump (I'm not meant to do big pushes in activity like this, a CFS thing) but I have been working up to it, and it was time to find out what the body can do. I am very pleased with what it did!

I am just sitting in a car all day tomorrow anyway. Off on hols....so not sure if any swimming will happen for a bit.

• Robertus
    Options
    Good to see all the new people in the group ... And some good swims by regulars too.

I'm pleased with today's effort. I've been working on building distance back up, and my daughter's new swim lesson is an hour long. So I just swam for the full hour (I usually do 30-45 mins) too.

1750m later... My longest recorded swim (by 50m!). I was proudly congratulating myself on having done a mile. But I checked and realise a mile is actually c1600m (real mile that is) - so I sailed past that goal. And also proved to myself I can do a decent swim early evening.

Hoping my body doesn't go into a fatigue slump (I'm not meant to do big pushes in activity like this, a CFS thing) but I have been working up to it, and it was time to find out what the body can do. I am very pleased with what it did!

I am just sitting in a car all day tomorrow anyway. Off on hols....so not sure if any swimming will happen for a bit.

Excellent. So you've actually been doing a mile for a while! That's a great milestone.

• stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    62 minutes ...starting to acclimate to additional crawls in the rotation ...
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Fantastic, Gently = well done!!!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Hit the Pool at Noon. 1200m. First 750m - Front Crawl in 18 minutes and then mixed drills/strokes for the next 450m.

Great seeing all the new people jumping into the group.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    B.B King RIP. September 16, 1925 - May 14, 2015.
    I managed to see him Live 3 times, Toronto Ontario, Edmonton Alberta and Auckland New Zealand.
    Edmonton and Auckland were in smaller facilities where everyone was up close to the stage with a great view and interaction with The King. Great Performer who loved plucking the strings.

:'(:s<3
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Shortened I.M. workout today, I dropped a 1000 free set so I could go meet my wife in time: 250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 500 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 250 free......
  • juliet3455
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hit the Pool at Noon. 250m free, 250m breast, 250m back, 100m free, 100m breast, 100m back. 100m free sprint. Hot Tub!