Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I got up yesterday and this morning to be in the pool by 6am. Not my usual swim time, but I know that I function at work better if I have a run or swim early. Yesterday's was so-so. Today, I made it a point to work harder and it felt so good. I also found out that 7am is the best time to swim at my pool during the week. All six lanes open up and everybody (me included) goes to work!! Good to know when I have time off!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    200SCM
    45 minutes
    Masters session

You meant 2000 right?

Oops actually I meant 2500 lol
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys - no worries. Basal cell, especially when found early (which this was), is easily treatable. They just had to scrape out what was left in the areas that they biopsied, leaving open wounds that'll just take a couple of days to heal. I'll be back in working out next Tuesday, they said stay out 24 hours which knocked me out for today, tomorrow I'm out because we have to go to an awards breakfast for my son due to him getting a scholarship from my union (I wouldn't have gone anyway because these things are still gonna be pretty open & the thought of going in chlorinated water is not very appealing) & then I'm away for the weekend through Monday. I might be able to get a little swimming if the outdoor pool where we'll be is open, but I don't imagine it'll be much if I do......
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Quick swim at noon. Was a full pool 4-6 people per lane so lots of speed traps as we tried to circle without collisions. Still managed to get in 1000m - 150m free, 100 breast x 4. To crowded to do any backstroke.

@emmab0902 Impressive Time - Distance Ratio for each Session with a great mix of strokes.
    @AquatiaQuest - Can't imagine swimming in a wet suit in a pool, would end up with Heat Stroke. A good decision on not doing open water swims with
    by hippos, crocodiles, and some of the other aquatic wildlife I am likely to encounter in our lakes. Just saying...
    @Robertus a perfect example of why we put in the extra few lengths every day
    Robertus wrote: »
    2 miles, pizza and beer with two other local swimmers.
    @stephenrhinton great work and consistency.
    @girlwithcurls2 - I find that when they make any schedule adjustment at the local pool it takes a month for everyone to "find the Time that works for them". I understand the functioning better after a workout.
    @Mac enjoy the time with your son and we will see your swim sessions next week. Great attitude Mac.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.5 km 55 min
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Sprint Triathlon Time trial . 750m 18 mins. Then added 250m breast to round out to 1000m.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Masters - 1925 yds. 200 free, 200 pull, 200 kick, 100 drill. Then a ladder 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 175, 150, 125, (100, 75, 50, 25). The part in parentheses is what I wasn't able to get to.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yesterday swam 1 mile @ 34 minute....TOO much; HURT Shoulder again, will be out longer
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nope, sick kiddo today. Tomorrow for sure as we will be eating some authentic Mexican food with a margarita chaser!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Did swim yesterday - just over 2km (same set as Wednesday). Not sure what was going on as one minute the pool was quietish with the normal group of swimmers and all of a sudden a ton of other people descending for 15 minutes of chaos. Still managed to finish my swim though.
    No swimming today - had to get into the office early.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Sprints today!
    Tried something different. 30 x 50 on about 1:15 to 1:30! With an additional 90 second rest between each 500.
    It was tiring to say the least!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Swam 1 mile a couple of days ago. Was late to work so I swam really fast and skipped the whirlpool afterwards and my neck and shoulder muscles are still sore and tight. This gives me another reason for why I like swimming long distances.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Went in for the early bird 6 am swim. As Panda put it Chaos. Went from 3 per lane to 7 per lane back to 3 up to 5 etc. Only managed 750m. After getting kicked by 2 breaststrokers and had some backstrokers wandering around and hitting everyone I said fubar and went to the Hot Tub.
    New Life guard and didn't seem to care.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Great work, Everybody - it's great seeing so much swimming going on!!!!!

@ Bruce - Sorry to hear about the shoulder, get it the rest it needs & you'll be back better than ever.....
  • EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Did my Swim for a Mile event today. Olympic pool is amazing but I did notice a difference in my time. Did it in 49 minutes flat, a little slower than usual but for someone who struggled to do 200m back in February I'm delighted!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    EmmaSlan wrote: »
    Did my Swim for a Mile event today. Olympic pool is amazing but I did notice a difference in my time. Did it in 49 minutes flat, a little slower than usual but for someone who struggled to do 200m back in February I'm delighted!

Well done, Emma! You should be delighted.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    EmmaSlan wrote: »
    Slower because half as many flip-turns/push-offs?

• EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well done, Emma! You should be delighted.

Thanks so much, I'm thrilled.
    Robertus wrote: »
    Slower because half as many flip-turns/push-offs?

That was probably a factor but I found that I struggled with my pace for the first 400...it actually took the longest to do. Once I got into it I increased my speed. First 400 took nearly 15 minutes as I was all over the place with my pace. The next three 400s were around 11 each.

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mac, se you when I can.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    63 minutes ...