Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Yum-- so much good looking cake ITT. I think I'm going to be trying a whiskey cupcakes recipe at Mr. Acrylics' request soon.

Sure, blame Mr. Acrylics. Lol

Heh. I've got about 6 cupcake recipes I want to try and that one is way down the list. But he's been wanting it for several months so I guess it's time.

Also I'm not sure what it says about us but we're doing all the whiskey recipes this week. We did whiskey mac and cheese and whiskey chili too. :blush:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/irish-car-bomb-cupcakes/

... and walk away slowly.

I think those shall happen for St. Patty's Day next year. The only problem is that I don't think they are kid friendly, so I'll have to find adults to share them with. :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I think those shall happen for St. Patty's Day next year. The only problem is that I don't think they are kid friendly, so I'll have to find adults to share them with. :laugh:

I like browneyedbaker.com-- I've only made one recipe from there that I wasn't crazy about.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes are fabulous....I have made these and they are wonderful. Bailey's frosting is wonderful.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    354a7a6e4xsa.png

Vanilla bean buttermilk cake with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting. They're mini cupcakes for my daughter's 10th birthday yesterday. :heart:

Those are beautiful, might have to look at those for my son's birthday next year. Weirdo doesn't like chocolate cake. I'm still trying to figure out if he was switched in the hospital.

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    354a7a6e4xsa.png

Vanilla bean buttermilk cake with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting. They're mini cupcakes for my daughter's 10th birthday yesterday. :heart:

Those are beautiful, might have to look at those for my son's birthday next year. Weirdo doesn't like chocolate cake. I'm still trying to figure out if he was switched in the hospital.
    My son doesn't like chocolate either. He would love these cupcakes as well.

They look amazing!
  • bkthandler
    Options
    Warning to list friends: Reece Cup Peanut Butter is NOT good. Trust me avoid. PB Company Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter is still the jar to beat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    bkthandler wrote: »
    Warning to list friends: Reece Cup Peanut Butter is NOT good. Trust me avoid. PB Company Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter is still the jar to beat.

Is the Reese's PB really sweet? That's how I imagine it.
  • bkthandler
    Options
    bkthandler wrote: »

Is the Reese's PB really sweet? That's how I imagine it.

Sweet way past cloying....just all sorts of wrong. I have a really high tolerance for sweet.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ca482c02-a975-481a-86cc-d22e91443fe2_zps1970ba98.jpg

Cupcake order I'm about to go drop off. Carrot cake with cream cheese icing.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It looks beautiful Amber!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Homemade Fig Newtons .. first attempt at making these, flavor is amazing, there's a lot of downtime in the process.. so next time I might split it between a couple days.

j76kg7.jpg

Used this recipe as my guideline:
    http://www.ohnuts.com/blog/homemade-fig-newtons-recipe/
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Wow, Jen, that's amazing! They look yummy. I heart fig newtons but I'd have never thought to try to make them at home.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Wow, Jen, that's amazing! They look yummy. I heart fig newtons but I'd have never thought to try to make them at home.

My husband and I fight over fig newtons, and the other night he challenged me by saying it was the one cookie I couldn't make. Had to prove him wrong and keep the balance in our marriage perfectly in place.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

My husband and I fight over fig newtons, and the other night he challenged me by saying it was the one cookie I couldn't make. Had to prove him wrong and keep the balance in our marriage perfectly in place.

Oh I would have done the same. :laugh: Once when I was 15 the boy I was "dating" told me I couldn't cut my hair (it was halfway down my back) so I went home and cut it to pixie length with kitchen shears. It was not a good look.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Oh I would have done the same. :laugh: Once when I was 15 the boy I was "dating" told me I couldn't cut my hair (it was halfway down my back) so I went home and cut it to pixie length with kitchen shears. It was not a good look.

I love it, I would do that now and I do not look good with short hair.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    It looks beautiful Amber!
    Very much so!