Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    We hosted a party last night and a friend brought this amazing chocolate peanut butter bark. She said it was the easiest thing ever to make.

Three ingredients: dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, mini Reese's cups.

ogddzju06dm9.jpg

Step one. Melt the dark ones in the microwave and pour on a wax sheet. Then melt the peanut butter ones and use a toothpick to swirl in. Top with Reese's.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I went to the Lunar Festival today at Discovery Green! We weren't there as long as I would have liked but it was a pain for my sister to push the wheelchair with the dog we're watching for the weekend connected to it.
    GNTLpVl.jpg

I had a big ol' turkey leg and this pretty little cupcake.
    zhSax6R.jpg

Wait, are you in Houston, or are there lots of discovery greens?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So I decided to try out fondant this morning. I'm not sure why but I decided to do a red panda. He turned out kinda big for cupcakes but I think it went well overall.

d20b4e00-ef60-4214-8ad8-9a4c01d7e6c7_zpsgtinnqp4.jpg

10998876_337044686495144_2674375215637894075_n_zpsvtw3waox.jpg
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I want that chocolate peanut bark!

The panda is cute! Seriously impressed my attempts with fondant have been pretty scary.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I want that chocolate peanut bark!

The panda is cute! Seriously impressed my attempts with fondant have been pretty scary.

To be fair, I minored in ceramics. It just took a few small adjustments to manage with fondant-- it's harder than clay for sure. Much easier to get clay to stick to itself and to smooth out any imperfections.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh wow the panda is awesome!

And that bark looks amazing.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Wait, are you in Houston, or are there lots of discovery greens?
    Houston. I'm actually kinda surprised other cities haven't used that name.

That panda is super cool man.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Amber the panda is amazing!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    That panda is super cute!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Great job on the panda so adorable.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    So I decided to try out fondant this morning. I'm not sure why but I decided to do a red panda. He turned out kinda big for cupcakes but I think it went well overall.

d20b4e00-ef60-4214-8ad8-9a4c01d7e6c7_zpsgtinnqp4.jpg

10998876_337044686495144_2674375215637894075_n_zpsvtw3waox.jpg
    I freaking love that Panda. So cute.

That is freaking adorable!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Some talk in the "Let's Discuss It All" thread sent my on a walk downtown to a local ice cream store looking for cinnamon ice cream (which I haven't had in forever). No luck; on the way back I decided to pop into Trader Joe's for some sort of treat for my valentine -- anybody had one of these?

509cymikpp91.jpg

I was told that it has Pop Rocks in it, and indeed the label indicates that in addition to a little bit of chipotle and pasilla chilis and some cayenne, there is indeed "popping candy" in the bar. I will have to convince my wife to share a little bit with me.

So, turns out my wife also got me this very same bar. We were enjoying a long weekend with lots of good food and wine over the Valentine's weekend and really only had the tiniest taste of the chocolate which I don't really remember or at least don't trust my impressions (did I mention there was an interesting tequila bar in town and that was usually after some wine tasting earlier in the day?).

Had a few bits tonight -- our first impressions last weekend were "surprisingly spicy; not great chocolate; and an initial sparkle from the pop rocks that passed quickly"; my impression tonight was actually pretty consistent -- not impressed with the chocolate (waxy and less flavor than I'd like); really lingering spicy flavor (and I loooove spicy but this was a bit overpowering to other flavors, though maybe by design given the quality of the chocolate), and not much on the pop rock sparkle. Glad I tried it, and it won't go to waste, but not worth your calories compared to other options, IMHO.

Edit: Forgot to add - nice red panda, Acrylics!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Some talk in the "Let's Discuss It All" thread sent my on a walk downtown to a local ice cream store looking for cinnamon ice cream (which I haven't had in forever). No luck; on the way back I decided to pop into Trader Joe's for some sort of treat for my valentine -- anybody had one of these?

509cymikpp91.jpg

I was told that it has Pop Rocks in it, and indeed the label indicates that in addition to a little bit of chipotle and pasilla chilis and some cayenne, there is indeed "popping candy" in the bar. I will have to convince my wife to share a little bit with me.

So, turns out my wife also got me this very same bar. We were enjoying a long weekend with lots of good food and wine over the Valentine's weekend and really only had the tiniest taste of the chocolate which I don't really remember or at least don't trust my impressions (did I mention there was an interesting tequila bar in town and that was usually after some wine tasting earlier in the day?).

Had a few bits tonight -- our first impressions last weekend were "surprisingly spicy; not great chocolate; and an initial sparkle from the pop rocks that passed quickly"; my impression tonight was actually pretty consistent -- not impressed with the chocolate (waxy and less flavor than I'd like); really lingering spicy flavor (and I loooove spicy but this was a bit overpowering to other flavors, though maybe by design given the quality of the chocolate), and not much on the pop rock sparkle. Glad I tried it, and it won't go to waste, but not worth your calories compared to other options, IMHO.

Edit: Forgot to add - nice red panda, Acrylics!

What I got from this is that you and your wife are soul mates. :laugh:

Sorry it was disappointing though. I hate that.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    I'd never tried Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter, but grabbed a tub of (new?) cookie butter cups in dark chocolate. Like little peanut butter cups, about the size of a rolo candy. Tasty! I will come down definitively on the "yes" side of cookie butter.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'd never tried Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter, but grabbed a tub of (new?) cookie butter cups in dark chocolate. Like little peanut butter cups, about the size of a rolo candy. Tasty! I will come down definitively on the "yes" side of cookie butter.

Oh I had one of those a few months ago-- it was very good. Unfortunately tiny for the calories, but very good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Breakfast this morning. I had the cannoli donut (bottom left) and the black raspberry jam one. Tasty, but my favorite is still Boston Cream (middle).

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Options

Oh I had one of those a few months ago-- it was very good. Unfortunately tiny for the calories, but very good.

Yes - 60 cals in one little cup! And I found out my wife is not a huge fan of cookie butter so I may be on my own with this little box or - heaven forbid - have to share some with the kids.