Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh gosh. I love, love, love almond croissants. I'm drooling.

I hadn't ever had an almond one before but you can consider me converted. I'm planning to try to make some soon.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    4ggna3jx09fe.jpg
    An assortment of Strange Donuts (that's the name of the bakery) including:
    Maple Bacon, Gooey Butter Cake, Rainbow Pony, carrot Cake, Salted Caramel, Vanilla Chocolate

Not ordered: peanut butter chocolate and buffalo chicken dip donuts...

Buffalo Chicken dip donuts...yeah sounds a bit odd. That Butter Cake one sounds yummy!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Salted caramel donut from the local donut shop. Still got to try the cannoli donut, the blackberry jam filled donut and a couple others (I've had the Boston Creme and the Coconut ones, so good).

DSC_1971_zpschls8pnt.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I want a cannoli donut! All these pictures look sooooo good!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Come see me and I'll get you one

Today is baking and cooking day - 2 dozen cupcakes made
    http://zagleft.com/food/butter-pecan-cupcakes-praline-cream-filling/

http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/03/carrot-cake-cupcakes-cream-cheese-frosting.html

These are the carrot cake ones
    33m0603.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Come see me and I'll get you one

Today is baking and cooking day - 2 dozen cupcakes made
    http://zagleft.com/food/butter-pecan-cupcakes-praline-cream-filling/

http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/03/carrot-cake-cupcakes-cream-cheese-frosting.html

These are the carrot cake ones
    33m0603.jpg

Sweet! Holy crap do those butter pecan cupcakes look good.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    How were the praline ones?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    How were the praline ones?

The flavor was great I did make them into mini cupcakes and used my regular buttercream recipe I was worried theirs would have been too sweet.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Second breakfast this morning

qsad5bg7867i.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Second breakfast this morning

qsad5bg7867i.jpg

Yum. Cream cheese danish is my favorite.

I made chocolate brioche this morning. It was pretty good but I think I'd have rather had danish.
  • Francl27
    edited February 2015
    Options

I made chocolate brioche this morning. It was pretty good but I think I'd have rather had danish.

It was good. Not enough cream cheese though. I admit I was craving this

th?id=HN.608025811746948411&pid=15.1&P=0

but I went to two stores and couldn't find one (so hard to find in the US). I will probably drive 20 minutes this week to another store that *might* sell them though. It's too much work to make or I would give it a shot... although probably not that hard for you if you know how to make brioche dough (I have no idea!).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    It was my first attempt at it-- like most pastries I've tried it wasn't difficult just time consuming. It required a whopping 30 minutes of kneading. Thank God for stand mixers.
  • Francl27
    Options
    It was my first attempt at it-- like most pastries I've tried it wasn't difficult just time consuming. It required a whopping 30 minutes of kneading. Thank God for stand mixers.

No pictures?

We actually got a stand mixer last December, I should probably give it a shot. We love brioche, my mom always brings back 3 or 4 when she comes back from France (although it's the packaged stuff, still good, but not filling at all for the calories, so I try to avoid it, but the kids gobble it up). Guess you can make extra and freeze it though...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

No pictures?

We actually got a stand mixer last December, I should probably give it a shot. We love brioche, my mom always brings back 3 or 4 when she comes back from France (although it's the packaged stuff, still good, but not filling at all for the calories, so I try to avoid it, but the kids gobble it up). Guess you can make extra and freeze it though...

They definitely got a little meltier than the recipe I was trying showed they should so they weren't very pretty. I think I may have let them proof a little too long. They were supposed to proof for 2-3 hours and I think I left them for 2 hrs and 45 minutes, but I wasn't watching them. I put them in the oven with the light on and went back to bed.

Here's the recipe I made:

http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2012/10/16/brioche-au-chocolat/

brioche-au-chocolate.jpg

Here was mine:

8056c575-a5db-4fc4-8766-9105b89bf944_zpspzepkdrq.jpg

:laugh:

Ah well, it happens. It was still very good.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh I'm drooling! It's pretty much what I've been craving, just with chocolate instead of raisins... YUM. I wish I wasn't so lazy!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Mmmmm brownies.

Because of Fran I had to go make cheese danish. I'll have to post a pic later; I ate this morning's serving without thinking about it.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yum on the brownie! And can't wait to see the danish!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I love the optical illusions of the brownie; the first picture makes it look pretty small, but I feel with the second picture it could be about the size of my face.

I would like a brownie the size of my face...