Share Your Sweets!

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    We hosted a party last night and a friend brought this amazing chocolate peanut butter bark. She said it was the easiest thing ever to make.

Three ingredients: dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, mini Reese's cups.

ogddzju06dm9.jpg

Step one. Melt the dark ones in the microwave and pour on a wax sheet. Then melt the peanut butter ones and use a toothpick to swirl in. Top with Reese's.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I went to the Lunar Festival today at Discovery Green! We weren't there as long as I would have liked but it was a pain for my sister to push the wheelchair with the dog we're watching for the weekend connected to it.
    GNTLpVl.jpg

I had a big ol' turkey leg and this pretty little cupcake.
    zhSax6R.jpg

Wait, are you in Houston, or are there lots of discovery greens?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    So I decided to try out fondant this morning. I'm not sure why but I decided to do a red panda. He turned out kinda big for cupcakes but I think it went well overall.

d20b4e00-ef60-4214-8ad8-9a4c01d7e6c7_zpsgtinnqp4.jpg

10998876_337044686495144_2674375215637894075_n_zpsvtw3waox.jpg
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    I want that chocolate peanut bark!

The panda is cute! Seriously impressed my attempts with fondant have been pretty scary.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    I want that chocolate peanut bark!

The panda is cute! Seriously impressed my attempts with fondant have been pretty scary.

To be fair, I minored in ceramics. It just took a few small adjustments to manage with fondant-- it's harder than clay for sure. Much easier to get clay to stick to itself and to smooth out any imperfections.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Oh wow the panda is awesome!

And that bark looks amazing.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited February 2015
    auddii wrote: »
    Wait, are you in Houston, or are there lots of discovery greens?
    Houston. I'm actually kinda surprised other cities haven't used that name.

That panda is super cool man.

• WinoGelato
    Amber the panda is amazing!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    That panda is super cute!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Great job on the panda so adorable.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    So I decided to try out fondant this morning. I'm not sure why but I decided to do a red panda. He turned out kinda big for cupcakes but I think it went well overall.

d20b4e00-ef60-4214-8ad8-9a4c01d7e6c7_zpsgtinnqp4.jpg

10998876_337044686495144_2674375215637894075_n_zpsvtw3waox.jpg
    I freaking love that Panda. So cute.

That is freaking adorable!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited February 2015
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Some talk in the "Let's Discuss It All" thread sent my on a walk downtown to a local ice cream store looking for cinnamon ice cream (which I haven't had in forever). No luck; on the way back I decided to pop into Trader Joe's for some sort of treat for my valentine -- anybody had one of these?

509cymikpp91.jpg

I was told that it has Pop Rocks in it, and indeed the label indicates that in addition to a little bit of chipotle and pasilla chilis and some cayenne, there is indeed "popping candy" in the bar. I will have to convince my wife to share a little bit with me.

So, turns out my wife also got me this very same bar. We were enjoying a long weekend with lots of good food and wine over the Valentine's weekend and really only had the tiniest taste of the chocolate which I don't really remember or at least don't trust my impressions (did I mention there was an interesting tequila bar in town and that was usually after some wine tasting earlier in the day?).

Had a few bits tonight -- our first impressions last weekend were "surprisingly spicy; not great chocolate; and an initial sparkle from the pop rocks that passed quickly"; my impression tonight was actually pretty consistent -- not impressed with the chocolate (waxy and less flavor than I'd like); really lingering spicy flavor (and I loooove spicy but this was a bit overpowering to other flavors, though maybe by design given the quality of the chocolate), and not much on the pop rock sparkle. Glad I tried it, and it won't go to waste, but not worth your calories compared to other options, IMHO.

Edit: Forgot to add - nice red panda, Acrylics!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Some talk in the "Let's Discuss It All" thread sent my on a walk downtown to a local ice cream store looking for cinnamon ice cream (which I haven't had in forever). No luck; on the way back I decided to pop into Trader Joe's for some sort of treat for my valentine -- anybody had one of these?

509cymikpp91.jpg

I was told that it has Pop Rocks in it, and indeed the label indicates that in addition to a little bit of chipotle and pasilla chilis and some cayenne, there is indeed "popping candy" in the bar. I will have to convince my wife to share a little bit with me.

So, turns out my wife also got me this very same bar. We were enjoying a long weekend with lots of good food and wine over the Valentine's weekend and really only had the tiniest taste of the chocolate which I don't really remember or at least don't trust my impressions (did I mention there was an interesting tequila bar in town and that was usually after some wine tasting earlier in the day?).

Had a few bits tonight -- our first impressions last weekend were "surprisingly spicy; not great chocolate; and an initial sparkle from the pop rocks that passed quickly"; my impression tonight was actually pretty consistent -- not impressed with the chocolate (waxy and less flavor than I'd like); really lingering spicy flavor (and I loooove spicy but this was a bit overpowering to other flavors, though maybe by design given the quality of the chocolate), and not much on the pop rock sparkle. Glad I tried it, and it won't go to waste, but not worth your calories compared to other options, IMHO.

Edit: Forgot to add - nice red panda, Acrylics!

What I got from this is that you and your wife are soul mates. :laugh:

Sorry it was disappointing though. I hate that.
  • Cortelli
    I'd never tried Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter, but grabbed a tub of (new?) cookie butter cups in dark chocolate. Like little peanut butter cups, about the size of a rolo candy. Tasty! I will come down definitively on the "yes" side of cookie butter.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    I'd never tried Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter, but grabbed a tub of (new?) cookie butter cups in dark chocolate. Like little peanut butter cups, about the size of a rolo candy. Tasty! I will come down definitively on the "yes" side of cookie butter.

Oh I had one of those a few months ago-- it was very good. Unfortunately tiny for the calories, but very good.
  • Francl27
    Breakfast this morning. I had the cannoli donut (bottom left) and the black raspberry jam one. Tasty, but my favorite is still Boston Cream (middle).

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg
  • Cortelli

Oh I had one of those a few months ago-- it was very good. Unfortunately tiny for the calories, but very good.

Yes - 60 cals in one little cup! And I found out my wife is not a huge fan of cookie butter so I may be on my own with this little box or - heaven forbid - have to share some with the kids.

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Breakfast this morning. I had the cannoli donut (bottom left) and the black raspberry jam one. Tasty, but my favorite is still Boston Cream (middle).

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

Where are people getting these cannoli donuts?!

Also, IN for cookie butter cups!
  • WinoGelato
    emily_stew wrote: »

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

I know! I've never heard of them here. Must procure some.

Also, I meant to share this here earlier but I lost count, but I made my 3000th post today..here's to having no life! I wanted to make my 3000th post in this group because you guys are the shiznat, but instead I goofed up and wasted it on some sarcastic remark in the main forums. Oops.
    Here's some chocolate in celebration:
    200_s.gif

Congrats on 3000 posts! Was it your comment about defeatist attitudes to that guy in the "eat nothing or junk" thread? Because I laughed at your comment I said the same thing to myself when I saw his post.
  • Francl27

n6qy8qfqpntk.jpg

It's a small local donut shop. But I was disappointed, might be because I had a fantastic cannoli on Saturday though...