Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    dzt0cgaoyjao.jpg

Savory or Sweet? I am calling it sweet. I am on a seafood kick, and I may have posted something similar almost a year ago.

I recognize that this isn't the most visually appetizing dish (and please ignore my broken bowl). But this is tasty, and more tasty this time around then the last I made it.

Inspired to make this by Kruggeri's posted pic of the Grapefruit / Tequila / Chili / Honey sorbet. This is Orange / Bourbon / Habanero / Chocolate shrimp. Original recipe that I've made before calls for regular chili (less spicy) and sherry instead of bourbon (and large prawns). I like it better with bourbon and habanero. Anyway - the sauce involves bourbon, orange juice and dark chocolate. The shrimp are quickly fried in an EVOO that previously lightly fried habanero / ginger / garlic (removed and retained) and then after cooking the shrimp / prawns, the garlic habanero ginger is added back into the pan, along with the orange juice / bourbon / chocolate sauce for a few minutes of stirring to set it up and make it glossy.

Since the photo is not terribly appetizing, I'll just leave the aftermath.

zrle1q6uljy1.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    dzt0cgaoyjao.jpg

Savory or Sweet? I am calling it sweet. I am on a seafood kick, and I may have posted something similar almost a year ago.

I recognize that this isn't the most visually appetizing dish (and please ignore my broken bowl). But this is tasty, and more tasty this time around then the last I made it.

Inspired to make this by Kruggeri's posted pic of the Grapefruit / Tequila / Chili / Honey sorbet. This is Orange / Bourbon / Habanero / Chocolate shrimp. Original recipe that I've made before calls for regular chili (less spicy) and sherry instead of bourbon (and large prawns). I like it better with bourbon and habanero. Anyway - the sauce involves bourbon, orange juice and dark chocolate. The shrimp are quickly fried in an EVOO that previously lightly fried habanero / ginger / garlic (removed and retained) and then after cooking the shrimp / prawns, the garlic habanero ginger is added back into the pan, along with the orange juice / bourbon / chocolate sauce for a few minutes of stirring to set it up and make it glossy.

Since the photo is not terribly appetizing, I'll just leave the aftermath.

zrle1q6uljy1.jpg

Ima gonna need dis recipe... Seriously Cortelli you been holding out on us with these mad cooking skills?

• Cortelli
    Options
    Is it less impressive if I post the recipe from a cookbook?
    wtz3bmn17c9a.jpg

I had shrimp instead of prawns on hand. And as noted swapped an ounce of bourbon for the sherry. I tend to use a little less oil than many recipes call for. And I used a touch more chocolate than called for.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try this, I'm impressed :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    That shrimp looks good! I thought there was a way to add pictures straight from your phone, but I don't see it now. I bought Yuengling's Black & Tan ice cream today. I only had a spoonful, but it was delicious! Belgian chocolate and salted caramel. 200 cals for 87g, though, that's why I only had a spoonful this time.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    That shrimp looks good! I thought there was a way to add pictures straight from your phone, but I don't see it now. I bought Yuengling's Black & Tan ice cream today. I only had a spoonful, but it was delicious! Belgian chocolate and salted caramel. 200 cals for 87g, though, that's why I only had a spoonful this time.

CupcakeDammit - I only know Yuengling as a brewery (and, really, as a beer)! Are you telling me they make ice cream, too? And produce a Belgian chocolate + salted caramel? What is this wizardry? Greatest company ever?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

CupcakeDammit - I only know Yuengling as a brewery (and, really, as a beer)! Are you telling me they make ice cream, too? And produce a Belgian chocolate + salted caramel? What is this wizardry? Greatest company ever?

Yes, Wegmans sells it. I never bought it because it's too many calories for a serving for me.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

www.yuenglingsicecream.com

I've never tried their ice cream yet, but will have to see which flavors are at the store next time.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I made some wings last night, Should have taken a picture of them.... next time. Any way using the actifry, the best invention since... well icecream :open_mouth: lol

Cooked the plain wings for 30 minutes or so from frozen. Then added 3-4 table spoons of orange marmalade and 3-4 tablespoons of plain bbq sauce (i used dianas but i dont think it makes a big difference). cook for an additional 10-12 minutes to mix and thicken the sauces.

awesome! really nice for a change :smiley: not really sweets per say, but similar to the shrimp :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »

I've never tried their ice cream yet, but will have to see which flavors are at the store next time.

My Wegmans had Root Beer, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Black and Tan, Espresso Chocolate Chips. I didn't buy any as I have no willpower lately (and typically no calories left for 200 calories of ice cream anyway), plus I got some girl scout cookies to eat anyway... Apparently Acme sells it too, I'll have a look next time.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    dunnodunno wrote: »

My Wegmans had Root Beer, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Black and Tan, Espresso Chocolate Chips. I didn't buy any as I have no willpower lately (and typically no calories left for 200 calories of ice cream anyway), plus I got some girl scout cookies to eat anyway... Apparently Acme sells it too, I'll have a look next time.

Root Beer Ice Cream? Tell me more...
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok Acme had even more flavors, lol. But nope. Sigh. I wish I could make the calories for it.

(I hate Root beer so I wouldn't buy that one anyway).
  • stackhsc
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dwiclknmrijp.jpg
    pkor2kxuj3po.jpg
    muvp5kfv2jxa.jpg
    h6rxl0ms0kmb.jpg
    Salted Caramel and pecan chocolate cheese cake.... all from scratch (cake, caramel, crushed pecans) last night for my father's birthday today. I'm a little scared that I calced it out to be around 8400 calories though lol
  • stackhsc
    Options
    there we go, couldnt add the pics from my phone... all better now
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh yum... Yeah cheesecake calories are really bad. But at least they're filling and can replace a meal, lol.
  • stackhsc
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lol, yep, i figure 1/12 is around 700 cal, 1/16 around 525. i tend to be generous on ingrediants so maybe a bit more lol cant wait to try it :)

and apparently the oven needs cleaned lol