Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Acrylics that cookie dough cupcake looks amazing!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Wow everything looked great! So the cannoli donut, is it just marscapone filled? Amber I love that the S'mores cupcake has chocolate icing AND the toasted marshmallow...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Wow everything looked great! So the cannoli donut, is it just marscapone filled? Amber I love that the S'mores cupcake has chocolate icing AND the toasted marshmallow...

It was a ricotta filling which was nice as it wasn't overly sweet.

The brownie while it looked really pretty, after 1/4 of it I couldn't eat anymore.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Re: Nutella. I was surprised how much was in the crepe. I never really have had any since I started weighing food, so no solid idea what 10 or 12 grams looks like, but I would venture a guess that there were a lot more than that! My wife couldn't even finish it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's about 2/3 tbsp. So I imagine so. :)

I had the cookie dough cupcake tonight. I am a huge fan of the cookie dough filling. I kinda think filled cupcakes are gimmicky and I didn't expect to really like it, but I have to admit, I'm converted. It was really really good. But I'm not such a huge fan of the cookie dough icing. It has flour in it, presumably in an attempt to make the flavor as much like cookie dough as possible. But I don't think I like it. I think just butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and powdered sugar would be better.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    It's about 2/3 tbsp. So I imagine so. :)

Then I am going to guess that my wife's crepe contained a "metric crapton." :)

I had the cookie dough cupcake tonight. I am a huge fan of the cookie dough filling. I kinda think filled cupcakes are gimmicky and I didn't expect to really like it, but I have to admit, I'm converted. It was really really good. But I'm not such a huge fan of the cookie dough icing. It has flour in it, presumably in an attempt to make the flavor as much like cookie dough as possible. But I don't think I like it. I think just butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and powdered sugar would be better.

OK - now I am going to have to go find a filled cupcake. Never had one :| Not an experienced cupcaker.

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    That shrimp looks good! I thought there was a way to add pictures straight from your phone, but I don't see it now. I bought Yuengling's Black & Tan ice cream today. I only had a spoonful, but it was delicious! Belgian chocolate and salted caramel. 200 cals for 87g, though, that's why I only had a spoonful this time.
    Cortelli wrote: »
    That shrimp looks good! I thought there was a way to add pictures straight from your phone, but I don't see it now. I bought Yuengling's Black & Tan ice cream today. I only had a spoonful, but it was delicious! Belgian chocolate and salted caramel. 200 cals for 87g, though, that's why I only had a spoonful this time.

CupcakeDammit - I only know Yuengling as a brewery (and, really, as a beer)! Are you telling me they make ice cream, too? And produce a Belgian chocolate + salted caramel? What is this wizardry? Greatest company ever?

It's the same company!

yuenglingsicecream.com/store-locator/

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »

CupcakeDammit - I only know Yuengling as a brewery (and, really, as a beer)! Are you telling me they make ice cream, too? And produce a Belgian chocolate + salted caramel? What is this wizardry? Greatest company ever?

www.yuenglingsicecream.com

I've never tried their ice cream yet, but will have to see which flavors are at the store next time.

I used to see it at Weis, but then when I finally went there to actually get Yuengling, I couldn't find it. :cry:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok Acme had even more flavors, lol. But nope. Sigh. I wish I could make the calories for it.

(I hate Root beer so I wouldn't buy that one anyway).

Some days I don't have the calories for a full serving of ice cream, so I'll just scoop out a big spoonful and eat it slowly off the spoon. It's seriously just as satisfying to me as eating it out of a bowl. Saves a lot of calories that way, if you have the ability to do that and walk away.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    My girls are away at a girl scout camping trip and my boy sleeps 'til noon if given the chance, so my wife and I went out for a brunch at a local place we hadn't tried before. I got a scramble and bottomless mimosas - awesome but not particularly stand-out in terms of a picture, so nothing in the savory thread.

But my wife, after deciding on eggs benedict, changed her mind at the last minute and went with a nutella crepe. Not something I could really eat as I can't handle that much sweet at one sitting, but I did taste it, and it was amazing. And very artfully presented!

9mu817n2myty.jpg

And amazingly, we both got ice cream with our meals! (well, not *exactly* ice cream; but her crepe had banana in it and I had a side of fruit that included watermelon, and based on a recent thread I am led to believe that both of those are essentially ice cream).

I totally LOL'd! The crepe looks good, though. :smile:

@ILiftHeavyAcrylics‌, your cupcakes look awesome!

@GiveMeCoffee‌, did the cannoli donut come from DD?

Do you get a notification that someone mentioned you in a comment with the @ symbol?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nope, no notification. Olivia says she's getting them but I haven't had one work yet. How about you @CallMeCupcakeDammit‌

Also did you know there's someone here named CALLMECUPCAKEB!TCH‌ ? :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Nope, no notification. Olivia says she's getting them but I haven't had one work yet. How about you @CallMeCupcakeDammit‌

No, I didn't see anything, either. And what the heck?! I haven't seen that one, is it a new member? I think SideSteel's cousin needs to add Dammit to her CallMeBacon. I think that every time I see her name.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I had to look that one up. What the?! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/callmecupcakebitch
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Today for breakfast took a wrap & put some Lotus Creamy Cookie Spread on it & nuked it for around 10 seconds. So yummy!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Dinner.20150130_165855_zpsmdy7oaug.jpg
  • Cortelli
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Deleted - wrong thread!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    4ggna3jx09fe.jpg
    An assortment of Strange Donuts (that's the name of the bakery) including:
    Maple Bacon, Gooey Butter Cake, Rainbow Pony, carrot Cake, Salted Caramel, Vanilla Chocolate

Not ordered: peanut butter chocolate and buffalo chicken dip donuts...

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    We spent the weekend in Charleston, SC and the food was excellent. Unfortunately I didn't get very many pics (I only remembered the gelato). The star of the weekend was definitely the almond croissant that I had at the Charleston Cafe. It came with a HUGE plate of fruit. It looked about like this:

W-Double-Baked-Almond-Croissants-2.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh. I love, love, love almond croissants. I'm drooling.