Share Your Sweets!

Options
ILiftHeavyAcrylics
ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
This is a space for sweets that don't fall into the ice cream/gelato category but are still delicious.

Replies

• PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is a space for sweets that don't fall into the ice cream/gelato category but are still delicious.

I consider myself a "fro-yo dieter," y'know? Close enough.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I consider myself a "fro-yo dieter," y'know? Close enough.

Hmmm, I'd probably just put fro-yo in the main thread. We might want to get a clarification from MrM on that.

But, for example, I'm making a cheese danish tomorrow. So that'll be here.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    DLV: Hey, you want Buttercooky?
    Me: Let's go

My M&M cupcake
    fqW9huQ.jpg?1

Yes, please.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    DLV: Hey, you want Buttercooky?
    Me: Let's go

My M&M cupcake
    fqW9huQ.jpg?1

Yes, please.
    It was simply amazing from the cake to the chocolate ganashe to the butter cream and those M&M's. I savored every bite.

And the best part, both cupcakes plus 1 crumb cake were free. I love how they are always giving me free stuff. Either the girls there are trying to fatten me up or I'm a great customer. DLV and the girls there were making fun of me on how I stare at everything in the store for 10-15 minutes before finally deciding on something.

They're probably hoping (rightly so) that you'll recommend them to your friends. I haven't found a great bakery around here. I'm sure they exist, I just haven't found one that was better than mediocre yet.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Homemade cheese danish:

985d47ba-1006-44ac-83f5-b948e4067106_zps1e2fdf0d.jpg

80d31776-63c6-457f-9ad5-8ddab58a592a_zpsa9f2b516.jpg

The recipe I used is here:
    http://www.littlehouseliving.com/cream-cheese-danish.html

And it comes out to about 360 calories per 100 gram serving. 63C/14F/6P

I used 60 grams powdered sugar and a tablespoon of milk for the glaze.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Homemade cheese danish:

I love you. Been craving one of those forever. I'll have to try it. I assume you used full fat sour cream and cream cheese?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Homemade cheese danish:

I love you. Been craving one of those forever. I'll have to try it. I assume you used full fat sour cream and cream cheese?

Yep, I always use full fat cream cheese. I have used light sour cream in a pinch and it was fine though.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    You people have problems. Talking about Danishes at 8 am. You should join a group and get help.

:laugh:

Well, there is help here. Assuming what you're wanting help with is how to make danish.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Homemade cheese danish:

Damn those look really good! Mine never come out that pretty!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

The recipe is super easy. The dough doesn't even have to be kneaded and it's very easy to shape.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    You people have problems. Talking about Danishes at 8 am. You should join a group and get help.

Well, there is help here. Assuming what you're wanting help with is how to make danish.
    I'm always concerned with learning how to make stuff like that because I will never stop eating them. I don't know how Mr. ACRYLICS isn't 500 lbs. He must have some incredible self control.

The lady at my bagel store puts linzer tarts in the bag for free every single day but every so often it's a cheese danish and it's amazing. I'm like "Damn you saboteur!!!" As I clean the crumbs of my face.

I haven't made this since Christmas because it is difficult to have around. Usually the way it works in the Acrylics house is that we have some kind of baked goods for breakfast. I only bake once per week or so, so he knows if he eats it all in one sitting there won't be any more baked goods for awhile.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I'm always concerned with learning how to make stuff like that because I will never stop eating them. I don't know how Mr. ACRYLICS isn't 500 lbs. He must have some incredible self control.

The lady at my bagel store puts linzer tarts in the bag for free every single day but every so often it's a cheese danish and it's amazing. I'm like "Damn you saboteur!!!" As I clean the crumbs of my face.

I haven't made this since Christmas because it is difficult to have around. Usually the way it works in the Acrylics house is that we have some kind of baked goods for breakfast. I only bake once per week or so, so he knows if he eats it all in one sitting there won't be any more baked goods for awhile.

Yea that's smart for sure.

Smart but baked goods just aren't as good after a couple days... and that's why that reasoning doesn't work for me, lol. So I typically half the recipe or something.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

The recipe is super easy. The dough doesn't even have to be kneaded and it's very easy to shape.

Nice I just checked out the recipe adding these to the must make list but not until all the other stuff we have is gone.