ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    That's a really pretty muffin.

Now I want muffins. :grumble:

:flowerforyou:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I just put a pan of salted caramel brownies in the oven. If I wasn't so photo challenged I would post a photo. They should be out of the oven in 30 minutes...feel free to stop by:smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I just put a pan of salted caramel brownies in the oven. If I wasn't so photo challenged I would post a photo. They should be out of the oven in 30 minutes...feel free to stop by:smile:
    Seriously, you say caramel and brownies in the same sentence and say there will be no photos? Blasphemy.

Photos are a must. We will help you with them.

Strikeworthy even. :angry:

I kid. :flowerforyou: But really, we will help you with pics if you want to post some. You can even just send them to me and I'll post them for you.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you say caramel and brownies in the same sentence and say there will be no photos? Blasphemy.

Photos are a must. We will help you with them.

Strikeworthy even. :angry:

I kid. :flowerforyou: But really, we will help you with pics if you want to post some. You can even just send them to me and I'll post them for you.
    Yes I agree. Not about strike worthy lol.

I was going to say send them to any of us but I would definitely think Amber could help you. We love caramel, you can't not share it with us.

I have dishes to do (I did the caramels in two batches)so here's the post from the blog that I get the recipe from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/smitten/8453658084/

I doubled the batch. Work is getting some and then a class tomorrow night gets the rest. I can't cut them until they are cold.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Here's the crazy brownies - added Reese's, Rolos, Pretzels & cream cheese, will be making these again!

sbot9w.png

Oh my word. I'm going to need a recipe!
    And what's this talk of salted caramel brownies?!

Here's the original recipe I used and then I made some slight adjustments to what I added, it's from

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/05/crazy-brownies/

Ingredients
    1 box Chocolate Cake Mix, 18 To 20 Ounce Box
    1/3 cup Evaporated Milk
    1 stick Butter, Melted
    9 whole Peanut Butter Cups (regular Size, With The Paper Pulled Off)
    12 whole Rolo Candies
    1/2 cup Finely Chopped Pecans
    1/3 cup M&Ms
    1/4 teaspoon Salt
    Powdered Sugar (for Sprinkling)

Preparation Instructions
    Preheat the oven to 350 F.
    Put the dry cake mix in a large bowl and stir in the evaporated milk. (Mixture will still be dry.) Next, pour in the melted butter, stirring gently until the mix just comes together (don't over-mix.)

Divide the mixture in half and press half of it in the bottom of a greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Lay the peanut butter cups over the top. Peel the wrappers off of the Rolos and place them in the spaces between the peanut butter cups. Sprinkle nuts into the cracks, followed by M&M's. Finally, sprinkle the salt all over.

Put the other half of the batter on a cutting board and press it into a square a little smaller than the pan. (It will be very sticky.) Transfer it to the pan and lightly press it to cover all the ingredients. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the batter is fully baked. Allow to cool completely, then place the pan in the fridge, covered in foil, for a couple of hours.

Remove the brownies from the pan in one piece, then sprinkle on plenty of powdered sugar. With a sharp serrated knife, cut into small squares.

**I didn't add the powdered sugar, pecans or M&Ms it's a very easy recipe to adjust the filling part. I also used snack size Reese's so I could fit a few more and mini rolos so I wouldn't have to unwrap the others.

My next try at this will be with my caramel sauce over the peanut butter cups, and I want to try a cheesecake like filling. It's a very quick and easy recipe the hardest part is waiting for it to cool completely
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Psssst. MrM27 and Acrylics! I got a response from Gelato Fiasco! I asked about the s'mores, too, because I knew you guys had gotten that flavor.

Hi Rachel,
    Thanks for the email. The numbers are about the same for those two flavors. A 1/2-cup serving should be...
    Peanut Butter Stracciatella Gelato: 120g
    Torched Marshmallow S'More Gelato: 119g
    In our Maine stores, this is about the equivalent of a treat-sized dish, which is our most popular size. Since it's so dense, a single serving goes a long way!

Hope this helps! Thanks for your interest and support.

Cheers from Maine,
    Bobby
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    So excited to have some amazing pictures to share... my kids had a sleepover at grandpa's house Saturday night so husband and I got to go to a neighborhood bakery/cafe for brunch on Sunday. I had a mimosa, we each had an egg sandwich, but we couldn't resist sharing this cinnamon walnut roll...

It came out like this:
    9550b9b7-ba72-4c8b-8742-380261be4420_zps6fc2fbf5.jpg

But then you smear all the icing over it and it looks like:
    e363a8f3-28e8-49f8-ae53-d539a2fcdabe_zps68ea5cbc.jpg

Except I forgot to take a picture until after I had cut a big corner off to taste.

I exhibited exceptional restraint and didn't even touch the butter that they served it with....

This needs to get in my belly. :love:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Psssst. MrM27 and Acrylics! I got a response from Gelato Fiasco! I asked about the s'mores, too, because I knew you guys had gotten that flavor.

Hi Rachel,
    Thanks for the email. The numbers are about the same for those two flavors. A 1/2-cup serving should be...
    Peanut Butter Stracciatella Gelato: 120g
    Torched Marshmallow S'More Gelato: 119g
    In our Maine stores, this is about the equivalent of a treat-sized dish, which is our most popular size. Since it's so dense, a single serving goes a long way!

Hope this helps! Thanks for your interest and support.

Cheers from Maine,
    Bobby
    Very interesting. Thank you for that. It's a shame they didn't send you some coupons. That would have been awesome.

They didn't have the "contact us" link set up the way Turkey Hill did, asking for my mailing address and e-mail, so it was just a regular e-mail. It would be nice if they e-mailed some, though. I've got several that they mailed to me, and then every once in a while I get an e-mail with another coupon.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Chocolate and Marshmallow
    x3jcKF3.jpg?1

o.O

I love fudge. But I only make it during the holidays. Maybe this year I'll try the marshmallow variety-- the past two years have been peppermint.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Back from my recent trip to Wisconsin and have some pics to share! I was kind of surprised, we didn't eat as much ice cream and fudge as I would have thought we would have...

We spent our weekend mostly at our waterpark/resort in WI Dells which did have amazing sweet shops, and my pics below are from there. We then went over to Madison but the weather wasn't great and the kids were wiped out so we didn't explore as much as I had hoped - we did have ice cream one night from the UW Dairy Store sold at the Union. I had Union Utopia - vanilla base with peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate swirls. Phone battery dead so no pics of that one...

The Loaded Cookie that my kids had to have - it was too much...
    95ac3c51-2cf9-45d1-96a8-b69778f0f674_zpsd1b47c5a.jpg

Reese's Cheesecake that we ended up eating for breakfast one morning because we had too much pizza the night before... it had chocolate ganache on it and was really, really good...
    aabc049b-7d24-4bbf-94d8-a123fb56327f_zpsc24f70b6.jpg

Lastly - if anyone else likes to combine dessert and booze... Rogue Ale in Oregon has a new line of Voodoo Doughnut inspired beers. This one was Raspberry, Pretzel, Chocolate Ale. It was outstanding...

a4db3960-d597-4df8-8156-35824371ad19_zps1a53a91e.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    ^^^ WHOAH!
    Chocolate and Marshmallow
    x3jcKF3.jpg?1

o.O

I love fudge. But I only make it during the holidays. Maybe this year I'll try the marshmallow variety-- the past two years have been peppermint.

I don't know how I missed this post. Those look delicious!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yummy!