Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    ^^^ :love:

This happened last night. Went to dinner with some friends from school, and the waiter came back to our table winking, and asked whose birthday it was. We're quick to take a hint, and my friends said it was mine, so he let me pick a dessert on him. After seeing posts about banoffi pie in the Eat All The Sweets challenge, I had to get that. Holy YUM! I shared with my friends.

0d9cbf6e-bf32-49c5-b8cc-84063f1a0ad7_zpsdc973a1f.jpg

It's gorgeous-- what was it like?

It was like heaven. The graham cracker crust is thick on the bottom, and not crumbly, and the rest was creamy, except the banana. It's dulce de leche, banana and toffee. I should've kept the picture I took from the other side. It was pretty sweet, but not too much. I would definitely bang again.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Went out for Thai food - I like it very, very spicy. Was treated to some coconut ice cream after to "cool down" - nothing magical about the ice cream but am always touched when a local family-run place takes an affirmative interest in its customers / guests. Sorry no pick - just trust me on a nice scoop of coconutty ice cream.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    We went to a trivia night tonight which if you aren't familiar it is basically a fundraiser with tables who compete in rounds of pop culture trivia, and is basically an excuse to bring yummy food to share with friends while you drink a lot...

Forgot to take pics but I made:
    IMG_0024.jpg

My friend made cookie dough fudge which was so rich it was ridiculous...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I stopped by the farmer's market on my way to work today and at the French bakery there they had these little babies:

4928e0a9-ddd0-4944-afcb-4608ef916acc_zpsd2f6739d.jpg

Salted Caramel Macarons, y'all. They are wonderful. Or were...they are gone now. The bakery has all sorts of macarons all the time, including Key Lime, which is my 2nd favourite, but they only seem to make the Salted Caramel now and then. And when they do, I'm over there like a dog to a dumpster.

Oh man. I really need to find a good bakery. I've been meaning to try making macarons but I've read that humidity really affects them, and well . . . southern Georgia.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    So excited to have some amazing pictures to share... my kids had a sleepover at grandpa's house Saturday night so husband and I got to go to a neighborhood bakery/cafe for brunch on Sunday. I had a mimosa, we each had an egg sandwich, but we couldn't resist sharing this cinnamon walnut roll...

It came out like this:
    9550b9b7-ba72-4c8b-8742-380261be4420_zps6fc2fbf5.jpg

But then you smear all the icing over it and it looks like:
    e363a8f3-28e8-49f8-ae53-d539a2fcdabe_zps68ea5cbc.jpg

Except I forgot to take a picture until after I had cut a big corner off to taste.

I exhibited exceptional restraint and didn't even touch the butter that they served it with....
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    So excited to have some amazing pictures to share... my kids had a sleepover at grandpa's house Saturday night so husband and I got to go to a neighborhood bakery/cafe for brunch on Sunday. I had a mimosa, we each had an egg sandwich, but we couldn't resist sharing this cinnamon walnut roll...

It came out like this:

Except I forgot to take a picture until after I had cut a big corner off to taste.

I exhibited exceptional restraint and didn't even touch the butter that they served it with....

Mmmmmm! It was probably better without the butter anyway, I'll bet.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

It came out like this:

It reminded me of my mom who put butter on every cinnamon roll and pastry she ever met... it was years before I realized that Cinnabon's and homemade monkey bread actually have plenty of butter "inside" them, you don't need to add more to the outside! I'm sure though that my mom is laughing at me right now from heaven as she enjoys a big cinnamon roll dripping with butter and her 10th cup of coffee for the day, thinking, "yes honey, but just because you don't need butter, doesn't mean it isn't better with it!"
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm going to require a recipe. :love:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

It came out like this:

It reminded me of my mom who put butter on every cinnamon roll and pastry she ever met... it was years before I realized that Cinnabon's and homemade monkey bread actually have plenty of butter "inside" them, you don't need to add more to the outside! I'm sure though that my mom is laughing at me right now from heaven as she enjoys a big cinnamon roll dripping with butter and her 10th cup of coffee for the day, thinking, "yes honey, but just because you don't need butter, doesn't mean it isn't better with it!"

:heart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

It came out like this:

We didn't have butter in my house as a kid. I grew up with nothing but margarine. It's only been this year that I've discovered the amazing experience that is baking with real butter.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to be the only one that feels this way, but I'm really not a fan of cinnamon. That roll looks awesome and I would devour it minus the cinnamon. Yes I know, I'm weird.

You are very weird, cinnamon is delicious. That roll looks amazing.

I think today I'm going to make a version of these brownies, minus the pecans and M&Ms, think I'll add some crushed pretzel sticks to give it a little more salt and some crunch. This is what happens when I watch food network for too long at night

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/05/crazy-brownies/
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Here's the crazy brownies - added Reese's, Rolos, Pretzels & cream cheese, will be making these again!

sbot9w.png
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Here's the crazy brownies - added Reese's, Rolos, Pretzels & cream cheese, will be making these again!

sbot9w.png

OMG Jen. I peeked at your diary, 243 cals/serving? Not bad for all that goodness.

Was it hard to get the cream cheese in there on top of the candy pieces?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Yes 243 per serving which isn't bad considering everything in them. The cream cheese was a little rough so I just dropped some on top of each reese's cup and it looks like it spread through while it baked.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

sbot9w.png

:love: :love: :love: