Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Not nearly as seductive as some of your all photos, but my sort of dessert this evening - prosecco (cheap!) and fresh cherries!

20140808_214203_zpsb8daeea2.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Not nearly as seductive as some of your all photos, but my sort of dessert this evening - prosecco (cheap!) and fresh cherries!

Nice!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Again not necessarily drool inspiring as a photo. However, the flavor was so strong I almost couldn't finish this tiny, thin little slice. This is fresh-baked Apricot pie from a local bakery which is related / owned by a fruit orchard down south of us. The filing ingredient list is: apricot, sugar, corn starch. And this was heavy on the apricot, very light on the sugar and corn starch. Apricot overload! A few sips of a Malbec port to go with it.

20140810_185113_zpsa2c3dce4.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Nice!

I like it!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I haven't made this yet, but I have to share it.

And it is happening in my kitchen as soon as all this moving crap is done.

http://insidebrucrewlife.com/2014/07/cookie-dough-cheesecake-brownie-pie/

Oh. And because I felt bad for not adding a picture, this is a piece of a butter pecan poke cake that I made. You can't really tell, but all that super moist goodness is from a tub of frosting in the batter + holes poked in the cake and a mixture of sweetened condensed milk and butter poured over the cake. VERY rich and decadent. 1/15th of the cake is approx 500 calories. Topped with whipped cream and pecan pieces.

DSCN0703sm_zps0a30a7bc.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Made this for my friend's birthday:

6e098bb5-754e-400a-a8e9-1a1d00ce9149_zps1d916ce6.jpg

Chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream frosting, chopped up turtle candies, and Jen's salted caramel sauce on top. We may go into a sugar coma and die.

c7f95121-8edc-43f9-b6f0-3c2669218b51_zpsf2eb5cf4.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    ^^^ I think I died from association. Yum!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Made this for my friend's birthday:

6e098bb5-754e-400a-a8e9-1a1d00ce9149_zps1d916ce6.jpg

Chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream frosting, chopped up turtle candies, and Jen's salted caramel sauce on top. We may go into a sugar coma and die.

c7f95121-8edc-43f9-b6f0-3c2669218b51_zpsf2eb5cf4.jpg

Those look amazing!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I haven't made this yet, but I have to share it.

And it is happening in my kitchen as soon as all this moving crap is done.

http://insidebrucrewlife.com/2014/07/cookie-dough-cheesecake-brownie-pie/

Oh. And because I felt bad for not adding a picture, this is a piece of a butter pecan poke cake that I made. You can't really tell, but all that super moist goodness is from a tub of frosting in the batter + holes poked in the cake and a mixture of sweetened condensed milk and butter poured over the cake. VERY rich and decadent. 1/15th of the cake is approx 500 calories. Topped with whipped cream and pecan pieces.

DSCN0703sm_zps0a30a7bc.jpg

That cake looks delicious. I bet it is ridiculously rich, no wonder you can eat 1/15th of the pan!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Totally drooling at the last 3 pictures.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    PicsArt_1408000498161_zpsaguuy9pm.jpg

Little something from a newbie... I'm eating something sweet EVERYDAY so I'll be posting here daily I guess :tongue:
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Little something from a newbie... I'm eating something sweet EVERYDAY so I'll be posting here daily I guess :tongue:

Welcome! You won't get any judgement here, we welcome pictures and treats like this, as long as you don't post how great Arctic Zero ice cream is...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yay!!! Welcome!
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    chocolatecake_zps0rtb3lgl.jpg

This was my breakfast today after yoga. I was going to order red velvet but they were out so I ordered chocolate fudge cake instead. :bigsmile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    chocolatecake_zps0rtb3lgl.jpg

This was my breakfast today after yoga. I was going to order red velvet but they were out so I ordered chocolate fudge cake instead. :bigsmile:

Yum.

I've got chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream for my after dinner treat tonight. Mmmmm.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I stopped by the farmer's market on my way to work today and at the French bakery there they had these little babies:

4928e0a9-ddd0-4944-afcb-4608ef916acc_zpsd2f6739d.jpg

Salted Caramel Macarons, y'all. They are wonderful. Or were...they are gone now. The bakery has all sorts of macarons all the time, including Key Lime, which is my 2nd favourite, but they only seem to make the Salted Caramel now and then. And when they do, I'm over there like a dog to a dumpster.

Wow those look amazing & so does the crazy brownies.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Dad's birthday. We got "Tres Leches Cake". It was so damn good. Very moist.

n5HXE8v.jpg?1

DhyUya2.jpg?1

I love tres leches cake-- we had that as the grooms cake at our wedding.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Dad's birthday. We got "Tres Leches Cake". It was so damn good. Very moist.

n5HXE8v.jpg?1

DhyUya2.jpg?1

I'll bet that frosting was delicious. I can almost taste it. Oh, and Happy Birthday to your dad!