Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You people have problems. Talking about Danishes at 8 am. You should join a group and get help.

:laugh:

Well, there is help here. Assuming what you're wanting help with is how to make danish.
    I'm always concerned with learning how to make stuff like that because I will never stop eating them. I don't know how Mr. ACRYLICS isn't 500 lbs. He must have some incredible self control.

The lady at my bagel store puts linzer tarts in the bag for free every single day but every so often it's a cheese danish and it's amazing. I'm like "Damn you saboteur!!!" As I clean the crumbs of my face.

I haven't made this since Christmas because it is difficult to have around. Usually the way it works in the Acrylics house is that we have some kind of baked goods for breakfast. I only bake once per week or so, so he knows if he eats it all in one sitting there won't be any more baked goods for awhile.

Yea that's smart for sure.

Smart but baked goods just aren't as good after a couple days... and that's why that reasoning doesn't work for me, lol. So I typically half the recipe or something.

This one isn't too bad, although you're right that it's much better on day 1 and 2.

But croissants broke my heart. Two full days prepping the dough. It made 8 croissants and I ended up throwing out 4 of them because they went bad so quickly. :brokenheart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Those look interesting-- what are they like?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Those look interesting-- what are they like?
    Sooooooo good. Caramelized nuts dipped in white chocolate. You would think they are hard but they're actually nice and soft. Intense layers of flavor. And of course, they were free this morning so they taste even better.

I was just scolded "How dare you get me only 1, my taste buds are dancing"

:laugh:

Sounds awesome.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    So this happened today...
    White chocolate layered mousse and cheesecake. It was amazing.

DSC02583_zpsa07d87a7.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    MrM those look really good and that picture is adorable.

palmer-- that looks delicious. Not much can beat a really well done cheesecake.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My caramel linzer tarts from this morning. Every morning I go get my bagel with cream cheese I get these put in my bag. Yum.

tYws8EZ.jpg?1

Oh I love linzer tarts! I've only found one good bakery down here to get them at.

Love the photo bomb!

Palmer that cheesecake YUM!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So this happened today...
    White chocolate layered mousse and cheesecake. It was amazing.

DSC02583_zpsa07d87a7.jpg

Oh gosh. Gimme.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My caramel linzer tarts from this morning. Every morning I go get my bagel with cream cheese I get these put in my bag. Yum.

tYws8EZ.jpg?1

Oh I love linzer tarts! I've only found one good bakery down here to get them at.

Love the photo bomb!

Palmer that cheesecake YUM!
    Yea they are pretty awesome. And the surprising part, they're Kosher, no dairy in them.

You guys encouraging her to photo bomb me. Sabotage.

And I have to agree with the fact that Palmers cheesecake looks awesome. I would destroy that cake right now if I could.

Now I'm so curious about these linzer tarts I've never seen those!

Yes lucky for me the cheesecake was too much to finish (it's hard to tell but I swear the portions were close to double what most restaurants serve) that I took half home and get to experience it all over again today.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This happened after the Electric Run on Saturday night. Probably shouldn't have, since I had already eaten ice cream for breakfast, and I really didn't have room for it, but I ate it anyway.

5d4d64ae-a693-4633-8a14-71b27e1baa26_zps07bd9c83.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ^yum
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    This happened after the Electric Run on Saturday night. Probably shouldn't have, since I had already eaten ice cream for breakfast, and I really didn't have room for it, but I ate it anyway.

5d4d64ae-a693-4633-8a14-71b27e1baa26_zps07bd9c83.jpg
    Ooooooooooh. So puuuuuurty.

Also, seriously, I think you might be the only person I know that actually has ice cream for breakfast. I love it.

I thought the brown things on top were mushrooms, then I realized they had sliced the walnuts! It was good, it wasn't overly sweet. I was just going to get ice cream until the waitress mentioned it. I think eating ice cream for breakfast has helped me not crave sweets later in the day (that probably sounds funny, since I ate this at night). I dunno, but something is working! :bigsmile:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Tonight was homemade cherry pie with Talenti vanilla and whipped cream

9llqaw.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    ^^^ :love:

This happened last night. Went to dinner with some friends from school, and the waiter came back to our table winking, and asked whose birthday it was. We're quick to take a hint, and my friends said it was mine, so he let me pick a dessert on him. After seeing posts about banoffi pie in the Eat All The Sweets challenge, I had to get that. Holy YUM! I shared with my friends.

0d9cbf6e-bf32-49c5-b8cc-84063f1a0ad7_zpsdc973a1f.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ^^^ :love:

This happened last night. Went to dinner with some friends from school, and the waiter came back to our table winking, and asked whose birthday it was. We're quick to take a hint, and my friends said it was mine, so he let me pick a dessert on him. After seeing posts about banoffi pie in the Eat All The Sweets challenge, I had to get that. Holy YUM! I shared with my friends.

0d9cbf6e-bf32-49c5-b8cc-84063f1a0ad7_zpsdc973a1f.jpg

It's gorgeous-- what was it like?