Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I decided to try a marshmallow filled s'more cupcake recipe. I'll let ya'll know how they turn out.

That sounds really good. I'm thinking of making caramel apple cupcakes sometime this weekend
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh they look AMAZING.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh gosh they look AMAZING.

Agree. Drooling.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a donut person but those look awesome.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Breakfast today was DD coffee & cannoli filled donut YUM

efsd47.jpg

My husband brought home 2 of these brownies for us this may have to wait until tomorrow:

igdxyv.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Options

efsd47.jpg

My husband brought home 2 of these brownies for us this may have to wait until tomorrow:

igdxyv.jpg

WOW!

• Francl27
    Options
    YUM!!!! A local donut shop has a cannoli donut here. I've had two of their donuts so far and they were amazing, it's definitely next on my list with the sea salt caramel one.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    My girls are away at a girl scout camping trip and my boy sleeps 'til noon if given the chance, so my wife and I went out for a brunch at a local place we hadn't tried before. I got a scramble and bottomless mimosas - awesome but not particularly stand-out in terms of a picture, so nothing in the savory thread.

But my wife, after deciding on eggs benedict, changed her mind at the last minute and went with a nutella crepe. Not something I could really eat as I can't handle that much sweet at one sitting, but I did taste it, and it was amazing. And very artfully presented!

9mu817n2myty.jpg

And amazingly, we both got ice cream with our meals! (well, not *exactly* ice cream; but her crepe had banana in it and I had a side of fruit that included watermelon, and based on a recent thread I am led to believe that both of those are essentially ice cream).
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    That looks gorgeous! I tried a nutella crepe once and it was way too sweet to eat more than a bite.

The cannoli donut was delicious. Nice soft dough, ganache and the filling YUM... will be going back to get more.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Wow.

Well, idk how my cupcakes will compete with all that, but here they are.

S'more cupcake: chocolate cake, marshmallow creme filling, chocolate buttercream, graham cracker crumbs, toasted marshmallow
    0tgxk8ebotqk.jpg

Cookie dough cupcake: chocolate cake, cookie dough filling, cookie dough buttercream, mini chocolate chips
    5bvm1nbk7rxw.jpg

I haven't tried either of them yet but I'll let ya'll know. I suspect in the future I'll want to put more filling in the s'more one.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    You made both! They both look delicious I want the s'more one!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    You made both! They both look delicious I want the s'more one!

Yeah I figured it would be better to just make one batch of chocolate cupcakes and then do the different fillings and frostings. It was pretty labor intensive so it'll have to be really good for me to repeat it.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh gosh that crepe and those cupcakes, YUM.

I have no problem devouring nutella crepes, personally, but I only put a bit of nutella inside when I make them (like, 10-12g for the whole thing).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I need all of these!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Nutella is a pretty strong flavor imo. I got a free sample in the mail awhile back-- I want to say it was 10 grams or so-- I spread it on a piece of toast and it didn't look like very much but it went a long way. I'd have a hard time eating it by the spoonful I think.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Thanks! I was right-- the s'more one needs more marshmallow filling. And the marshmallow filling needed more marshmallow creme. All in all though it was very good. I'll probably make it again.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

efsd47.jpg

igdxyv.jpg

That brownie looks amazing!