Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I think I had mentioned my family was doing a Pumpkin Throwdown at Thanksgiving. Here are the entries... ironically the savory dish was the winner!

Here are the entries:

Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Bars with Salted Caramel Glaze (my entry)
    13CC4A0E-3756-4E4E-B044-733FF0CA02E9_zpsk4csvodk.jpg

Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls with Cream Cheese Icing
    6D08D59F-6867-4F50-97CB-BFEB7BFBAC73_zpsh380c3wd.jpg

Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
    164DF32B-0D36-44C6-BFA6-EC6D9730626B_zpsozsmkasx.jpg

Pumpkin Caramel Bars
    11fe5c6b-ab46-4dc2-b75c-dde2f935a42e_zpsfe341a00.jpg

Pumpkin Fluff Cake
    7f075e6b-8328-41ab-82cc-8dcb5578abce_zpse8d803be.jpg

The Healthy Entry: Pumpkin/Cranberry/Spinach Smoothie Base with OJ and Apple Cider
    FFE2775A-5BE2-4A03-87D8-055ECE9FF5C4_zpsjyicpdaz.jpg

The Savory Entry: Pumpkin Chicken Enchiladas (also the ultimate winner!)
    A9E092D2-18A4-4FC1-AA94-8C551BC21321_zpscup1cmfy.jpg
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Those all look divine!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Wow - serious pumpkin throwdown. And pumpkin chicken enchiladas sounds awesome!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    tsqftiokzfuy.jpg

Not as impressive as some of the stuff in here, but I'm excited to have something to share (instead of just lurking/drooling). Pumpkin cookies with brown butter frosting.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    uctseh0qvztx.jpg

Another pumpkin cheesecake, plus all of it's little sad, sunken babies. It tasted good though!
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri, I thought for sure your entry for the Throwdown would win, because it looks the best!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri, I thought for sure your entry for the Throwdown would win, because it looks the best!

Thanks! It actually was a pretty evenly matched challenge - every entry got at least one vote. Well except for the pumpkin/spinach drink - that was just weird...

I think the enchiladas won for the surprise factor. Although I have to say, they weren't even very pumpkiny, they just tasted like good chicken enchiladas... but when you've spent a couple of days eating traditional Thanksgiving food and lots of sweets, a mexican dish was a welcome change. My brother is crafty like that...

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The enchiladas look good. Would try.

Chubby_checkers you had me at brown butter.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, you guys are killin' me with these pictures! I can't believe how many pages I've missed. Acrylics, those cupcakes are gorgeous!

I finally tasted the Talenti egg nog, and it was nice and creamy. I'll have a full serving soon. Also, I bought some Lucerne Mexican chocolate ice cream. It's almost as good as Steve's Mexican chili chocolate, just no crunchies in it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    After reading about MrMs caramel in a can I had to try it.Pretty tasty. Now to make something to drizzle it on.opz76qpv6qzo.jpg
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    In case you wanted to compare to the real thing: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/10/paris-a-deep-dark-salted-butter-caramel-sauce/

It's very, very good.
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    bkthandler wrote: »
    In case you wanted to compare to the real thing: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/10/paris-a-deep-dark-salted-butter-caramel-sauce/

It's very, very good.

Thanks..will try it next!

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    bkthandler wrote: »

It's very, very good.

The way they talked about the flavor made me think about the Jeni's salted caramel ice cream. I wonder if that's the kind of complex burned flavor they were talking about.
  • 970Mikaela1
    edited December 2014
    Options
    zzw91j5fpczu.jpg
    Not too bad.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    zzw91j5fpczu.jpg
    Not too bad.

Maybe the second one will be better. Mine is supposed to deliver tomorrow. I can't wait!
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    zzw91j5fpczu.jpg
    Not too bad.

Maybe the second one will be better. Mine is supposed to deliver tomorrow. I can't wait!

The second one was about ten seconds after the first one:)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    zzw91j5fpczu.jpg
    Not too bad.

The second one was about ten seconds after the first one:)

I think the Fed Ex guy heard me yell "my Quest bars are here!" from the bottom of my driveway when I noticed he was out front. I really liked these, and they were even better heated for 10 seconds in the microwave.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My boyfriend's brother was in town this weekend for his birthday, so I was excited that we were getting a tres leches. I was less excited that we ended up with a chocolate one, and that it was tainted with fruit (I'm not a huge fruit lover). It wasn't bad, but definitely did not satisfy the tres leches craving.

20141206_130140_zpsvz8zw1pz.jpg

Luckily it was consumed at a brewery. They only had 3 beers on tap, a pils, a wheat IPA, and a double IPA. I was happiest as I was the only one who like IPAs.

20141206_130200_zps1hdnafsn.jpg

ETA: I'm super happy with my new non-ancient phone that takes pretty good pics.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    The idea of that fruit on chocolate is not very appealing to me, but the cake itself is pretty!