Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Yeah. I'd definitely run though that cake pretty quickly.

I know the batter was quite tasty, as it all wouldn't fit in the two pans. Tomorrow for this one my cheesecake and the speculoos cheesecakes. Two pumpkin pies left to bake. Happy thanksgiving:) almost!

Edit to fix pre coffee typo.
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    Today I purchased a cupcake from Au Bon Pon. Banana Caramel. It was amazing.

3g9ifDC.jpg?1
    Looks very tasty.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Today I purchased a cupcake from Au Bon Pon. Banana Caramel. It was amazing.

3g9ifDC.jpg?1

Thanks a lot. You just reminded me there's an au bon pain downstairs...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I made 2 Double layer pumpkin cheesecakes for tomorrow and a test run of fudge for Christmas since I've never made fudge before. I'll try to post pictures later. :D
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    Pumpkin cheesecake is fabulous!!
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Ok, here's the pumpkin cheesecake. I made one pie for today because I'm impatient, and the other one is for Thanksgiving :lol:

20141126_165058.jpg

Usually I pretop the whole pie with Cool Whip, but since this one was for the impatient, I just scooped it on top after cutting the pie. And it's topped with Caramel Sauce and a Sweetzel's Spiced Wafer (Ginger & Molassas)
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! (*)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Here's what I went with for the caramel-- I couldn't decide if I liked it lying down or standing up better so I did some of each. And then I tried my hand at chocolate butterflies. They need work but I think not bad for a first attempt. Mostly I need to work on fusing the two colors of chocolate better-- the white chocolate was separating from the milk chocolate by the time I put the wings on the cupcake.

2e69f7d6-12fe-42f0-a9b0-473239120014_zpse85fc429.jpg

dc64111f-f852-4ccb-8f3c-cc8df1df5214_zpsa15a5b04.jpg

7f1908bf-d605-4b8d-8583-2630fd4a62ad_zps838cdb23.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!

I mean, WOW. Seriously, I don't think that would last long enough in front of me for pictures to be taken.

Thanks! The caramel is super easy, but I think it looks really classy.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Damn Amber!! I'm seriously impressed, around here a cupcake like that would cost me $10!
    I like it standing up and it does look classy
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    Beautiful work!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Love the caramel Amber! Standing up is impressive but maybe more difficult topackage and transport for your business?

Also on the choc butterfly, do you need the white choc filling on the wings? At first I thought it was the white icing showing thru and that would be really cool.also.

Seriously so impressed... I remember when you were just an amazing home baker and now you're a professional!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Love the caramel Amber! Standing up is impressive but maybe more difficult topackage and transport for your business?

Also on the choc butterfly, do you need the white choc filling on the wings? At first I thought it was the white icing showing thru and that would be really cool.also.

Seriously so impressed... I remember when you were just an amazing home baker and now you're a professional!

Standing up is harder to transport, but it doesn't hold up for long before the caramel starts to melt anyway-- I timed it at 4 hours yesterday. So I'd probably transport them to wherever they're going separately and then set them up with the toppers once I get there. That's going to limit when they're feasible.

I had considered just doing chocolate filigree for the butterflies. I've got another idea for doing them out of royal icing, which might hold together a little better. More practice needed.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Standing up is harder to transport, but it doesn't hold up for long before the caramel starts to melt anyway-- I timed it at 4 hours yesterday. So I'd probably transport them to wherever they're going separately and then set them up with the toppers once I get there. That's going to limit when they're feasible.

I had considered just doing chocolate filigree for the butterflies. I've got another idea for doing them out of royal icing, which might hold together a little better. More practice needed.

Agreed that final assembly after transport would work the best (based on my expert opinion of watching a few cake shows :laugh:).

And those are beautiful!!! Love the butterfly, and I also prefer the standing up. I'm thinking we need a cupcake meetup. We could fund the event, you could bake. :D
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Agreed that final assembly after transport would work the best (based on my expert opinion of watching a few cake shows :laugh:).

And those are beautiful!!! Love the butterfly, and I also prefer the standing up. I'm thinking we need a cupcake meetup. We could fund the event, you could bake. :D

I'd be in for that!

I probably should start watching some of those shows; if for no other reason than it might save me from having to learn the hard way. :laugh:
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Lovely cupcakes, Acrylics!
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Yeah... those are amazing looking. I could only wish I was able to do something like that. lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    :blush: