Options

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Cookie. Butter. CHEESECAKE?!

MUSTHAVENOW

We went to this incredible french restaurant in the Berkshires. All the food was unbelievably amazing, including the desserts.

w7m9exzyq79e.jpg

To the left (Mine): Warm blondie with rum-soaked raisins, vanilla sea salt caramel gelato and whipped cream

To the right (Wife's): Vanilla & peach einkorn buttermilk cake with wild blueberry marmalade, oat-einkorn crumble and whipped cream
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I shudder to think about what a calorie bomb cookie butter cheesecake must be, but I'll bet it's worth it.

That looks great Iwishyouwell. Also, I'm still mad/grateful that you turned me onto Haagen Dazs pralines and cream.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Cookie. Butter. CHEESECAKE?!

MUSTHAVENOW

We went to this incredible french restaurant in the Berkshires. All the food was unbelievably amazing, including the desserts.

w7m9exzyq79e.jpg

To the left (Mine): Warm blondie with rum-soaked raisins, vanilla sea salt caramel gelato and whipped cream

To the right (Wife's): Vanilla & peach einkorn buttermilk cake with wild blueberry marmalade, oat-einkorn crumble and whipped cream

Did not know what einkorn was. Kind of sounds like German for Unicorn.... googled it, a little sorry to learn it is just a non-hybridized type of wheat. Oh well - the pics look delicous!

Oh and MrM - that looks amazing. Will have to go check out TJ soon... see if I can rustle up the Cookie Butter ice cream and the Cheesecake.

For all you cookie butter lovers, has anyone else tried these? Had them at a party last year - delicious but amazingly rich...

IMG_0733.jpg
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Ugh. All you guys have such amazeballs treats readily available where you are. I need to save up, open my own company, and start being the sole distributor of imported goodies to Singapore. BRB. Going to set up #HelpBellaBeSwella2015 fund.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    So I'm working in Manhattan today and saw a friend's post on another site about this coming out so I figured why not hit Trader Joe's since there is one on like every other block.

Butter Cookie Cheesecake. It was very good. Strong cookie butter flavor obviously and the graham cracker so the perfect complement. I recommend everyone try it at least once.

g0fcqvs.jpg?1

enRQbmY.jpg?2

okdOQ4H.jpg?1

rIeZfLB.jpg?1

That looks amazing! Did you ever find the ice cream?
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options
    I shudder to think about what a calorie bomb cookie butter cheesecake must be, but I'll bet it's worth it.

Hopefully I'll find out. The wife is heading to TJ as I type...
    That looks great Iwishyouwell. Also, I'm still mad/grateful that you turned me onto Haagen Dazs pralines and cream.

You're welcome. I still haven't picked up a pint it, but I did see it at a Walgreens in Manhattan. Glad you mentioned it, I should remedy that.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    That looks awesome!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options

410 calories per slice x 16 slices = 6,560 calories for the whole thing.

It was sooooooooooooooo good.

They come in difference sizes? The one we got was 410, but only 6 slices, for 2460 for the whole cake.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options

410 calories per slice x 16 slices = 6,560 calories for the whole thing.

It was sooooooooooooooo good.

They come in difference sizes? The one we got was 410, but only 6 slices, for 2460 for the whole cake.
    No you're right. Last night when I went to serve her a piece of it I looked at the box again and it was 6 slices per cake, not 16. I saw a 1 there when there clearly wasn't one. Thank god because 16 slices would have been tiny.

The funny thing is after my wife brought it home, but before I looked at the box myself, I quoted her the caloric value of 6,560 for the whole thing. She was floored and said "OMG, no, why did you tell me to get that!" and I was all "what does it matter, it sounds amazing". LOL. We were both relieved though that the cake only a little over 2400 calories. For me that means if I love it I might go get one for myself and I'll feel perfectly fine finishing that off alone. >:)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    35311cdf-63e0-4454-9c2b-7d6bc4389f39_zps2b335e98.jpg

Something I'm trying out, for Thanksgiving maybe? I'd welcome any thoughts. I wonder if it might be too much going on with the rose and the caramel, so I might try just a basic swirl with the caramel instead. But the rose uses up less frosting.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    It's a gingerbread cupcake with cinnamon frosting and a spun caramel topper.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This weekend was a restocking of the freezer. Pumpkin pie, old world egg nog,caramel Apple pie and peppermint bark talenti. And the speculoos cheesecake. Should be set for a couple weeks. That cupcake looks yummy:)
    eta and a brunch at Toucanos Brazilian grill.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options

Anybody have a good store bought pumpkin or sweet potato pie that they love? I can make my own quite well, but just don't think I'll be in the mood to.