Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Another huge cinnamon roll...

Also huge cookies...

04tl176gqres.jpg
    uyshj6rb6fmf.jpg

Had some really good ice cream at a local shop but my battery was dead on my phone. :(

Haven't had nearly as much craft beer as I thought I would... It isn't sold in the grocery stores (that we've been to) and we only made it to one brewery in Ft Collins.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Cupcake. <3

Karen that stuff is gorgeous.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Also huge cookies...

04tl176gqres.jpg
    uyshj6rb6fmf.jpg

Had some really good ice cream at a local shop but my battery was dead on my phone. :(

Haven't had nearly as much craft beer as I thought I would... It isn't sold in the grocery stores (that we've been to) and we only made it to one brewery in Ft Collins.

Oh that looks good...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Also huge cookies...

04tl176gqres.jpg
    uyshj6rb6fmf.jpg

Oh that looks good...

Mmhmmmmm. I'd have to go once a day and try one of each cookie flavor. I'm not even a huge cookie fan, but dang.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Wow that S'Mores cookie looks amazing!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Not as many photo worthy desserts as o thought on this vacation but...

We went to Wall Drug the other day and I had a soft serve hot fudge sundae, haven't had one of those in years:

01v1l5r0csd2.jpg

And then today on our long drive home we stopped for lunch at a place called Al's Oasis, known for their pies. We each got a piece and I was impressed that my kids chose pie instead of a scoop of vanilla ice cream. My 4 year old even chose pumpkin pie for some strange reason, none of the rest of us even like it! 6 year old got the lemon cream cheese (the best of all of them), husband got coconut cream pie (just ok) and I got pecan (really good but needed more crust).

1332jxls6sep.jpg
    gthdtfz45j3g.jpg
    hll375mdpu27.jpg
    m2h93acc0gs9.jpg

• Francl27
    Options
    Mmmm pie...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I'd be smiling at that pie, too!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    The lemon & coconut pie looks good.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Made my favorite summer dessert yesterday: pound cake with vanilla cool whip frosting, lemon curd and fresh berries.

mctt9nkzrv8p.jpg
    7riau60z6rki.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh that looks good!!!

I had a chocolate almond croissant yesterday. Looked like this, but didn't take a picture because I devoured it. Just so delicious.

6216589664_afc6aa5000_z.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Oh that looks good!!!

I had a chocolate almond croissant yesterday. Looked like this, but didn't take a picture because I devoured it. Just so delicious.

Want.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    That looks great, Karen. I'll bet it was a hit.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    @Kruggeri I've never tried it with lemon curd before. Sounds yum!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    @Kruggeri I've never tried it with lemon curd before. Sounds yum!

Yeah, the lemon curd really makes a big difference. I planted some mint in my garden yesterday and I may add that next time as well. It's such a simple dish, I almost feel guilty when people rave about how good it is. I don't cook any of it, it is all (gasp) processed (other than the berries!).

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Oh that looks good!!!

Wow that is so amazing looking!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm having trouble getting calories up again and I'm thinking that finding a good local place to get an almond croissant would go a long way.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I'm having trouble getting calories up again and I'm thinking that finding a good local place to get an almond croissant would go a long way.

I think that's a good idea. Orrrrr, a pint of Talenti Toasted Almond. Mmmmm.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options

I think that's a good idea. Orrrrr, a pint of Talenti Toasted Almond. Mmmmm.

I want to try the Toasted Almond, but I haven't seen it anywhere. :anguished:
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Husband and oldest son made a blueberry pie today... Canned filling and premade dough but isn't it awesome?!

7l9pc3guo0e5.jpg
    oj33974y3at8.jpg