Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Dinner last night at a local Italian joint with my wife and a friend. Didn't snap any of the lovely "shrimp and grits" (shrimp over polenta in a creamy sauce) nor the thin crust wood-oven fired house-made fennel sausage pizza I had for the savory thread. But I did remember to snap a shot of the cannoli before the ladies had completely destroyed it. Lots of pistachios! I tasted just a touch of the cream filling (outstanding) and a few pistachios - I was pretty full from the pizza and beer.

wkv189to8y41.jpg

Yum
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Tonight's dessert: heart attack brownie (three kinds of chocolate and cream cheese-- got the recipe from the forums) with vanilla frozen yogurt and hot fudge.

bf02de97-fe67-42cb-a93d-2d74e1bdc06f_zpsidimlsmd.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Yum Cortelli...and Acrylics that brownie!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Slightly warm peanut butter rice crispy treats topped with salted caramel ice cream.
    9uq7njmiwz8r.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dessert: heart attack brownie (three kinds of chocolate and cream cheese-- got the recipe from the forums) with vanilla frozen yogurt and hot fudge.

bf02de97-fe67-42cb-a93d-2d74e1bdc06f_zpsidimlsmd.jpg

tu29ecxjscyy.jpg

• Cortelli
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    Slightly warm peanut butter rice crispy treats topped with salted caramel ice cream.
    9uq7njmiwz8r.jpg

Another . . .

23aab3oo8jko.jpg

And what really gets me is the "slighty warm peanut butter rice crispy treats . . ."

Another poster (maybe I_Will_End_You) tried a caramel rice crispy treat, so now I have two rice crispy treats to make (but a peanut allergy in the family, so this may have to wait). Just as soon as I make CallMeCupcakeDammit's whiskey apple crisp, I am on to rice crispy treats . . .

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Yum Cortelli...and Acrylics that brownie!

+1!

Yesterday I went to the store and picked up a B&J's Half Baked froyo (because I've learned nobody's gonna touch that one) and Turkey Hill's Coconut Cream Pie. We had the Coconut Cream Pie last night, and everyone loved it. Nice cream taste, not overdone with the coconut flakes, and just the right amount of pie crust chunks in there. 10/10 wb again.
  • sistrsprkl
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies with dutch chocolate ice cream. I'm already (way) over my cals for the day so they're gonna have to wait until tomorrow. Sad face.

oams5320gx0v.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    Oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies with dutch chocolate ice cream. I'm already (way) over my cals for the day so they're gonna have to wait until tomorrow. Sad face.

oams5320gx0v.jpg

They look awesome!
  • Cortelli
    Options
    There's a traditional french bakery / patisserie here in PDC and my wife and I stopped for a light breakfast after getting the kids away for diving training. I went with a 1/4 baguette with butter and jam. This qualifies as a "sweet" IMHO because the house-made mango jam was unbelievably sweet and tasty on a warm fresh baguette.

0l3zvx82jy8e.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love a good baguette with butter and jam. Totally qualifies!!!

We stopped at the donut shop again and couldn't help trying the French toast donut (with maple icing on top). So good. No picture, we had company and I just devoured it.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    There's a traditional french bakery / patisserie here in PDC and my wife and I stopped for a light breakfast after getting the kids away for diving training. I went with a 1/4 baguette with butter and jam. This qualifies as a "sweet" IMHO because the house-made mango jam was unbelievably sweet and tasty on a warm fresh baguette.

0l3zvx82jy8e.jpg

You're killin' me. Smalls.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love a good baguette with butter and jam. Totally qualifies!!!

We stopped at the donut shop again and couldn't help trying the French toast donut (with maple icing on top). So good. No picture, we had company and I just devoured it.

*drool*
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Quickie for sweets thread . . .

We had some house-made Mexican sweet breads (Conchas / Pan Dulce) before lunch at a little foodie restaurant. Once vanilla and one chocolate. Sweet; the bottom was crisp and thick with sweets; the inside was light and a cross between bread and donut.

3hp9t7635j1y.jpg

Yesterday my wife and I ditched the kids and went out to a higher-end Mayan / foodie restaurant. I wish I could have taken a pic but we were outside, it was dark, and it just wasn't the right situation to whip out a phone and snap some shots. We got these two desserts to share:

oxk3isnb8f26.jpg

The chocolate cake was good but sort of expected -- nothing too surprising. The Pixan was marvelous -- almost like flan but with shreds of coconut throughout and drizzled with thick / reduced coconut milk - an all-white presentation. And the flavor was all rich coconut and cinnamon. I am a sucker for coconut and for cinnamon, so I am almost certainly over-praising it, but I was thrilled with the dessert and could've eaten several more servings even though I was stuffed from the earlier parts of the meal.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Those look really good @Cortelli
  • sistrsprkl
    Options
    Scones (the Fisher recipe from the Puyallup Fair if anyone knows...) and strawberry jam. Berries from the farm yesterday. Love CA.

59ddmt31206e.jpg
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Got these French Macaroons for my daughter for her birthday. They may have shorted us a coconut one, and it may have been super delicious.

Pistachio nutella, chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, coconut, vanilla, raspberry, apricot, citron
    11156114_10153816350110760_8865265278970138051_n.jpg?oh=331a63e151f7a42f2be07188c8871d95&oe=55D6E645
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Mmmm scones. Mmmm macarons.

That's all I've got.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Got these French Macaroons for my daughter for her birthday. They may have shorted us a coconut one, and it may have been super delicious.

Pistachio nutella, chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, coconut, vanilla, raspberry, apricot, citron
    11156114_10153816350110760_8865265278970138051_n.jpg?oh=331a63e151f7a42f2be07188c8871d95&oe=55D6E645

Where did you get them from!? La Patisserie Choquette?
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    The scones look delicious as do the macarons.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Where did you get them from!? La Patisserie Choquette?

No, a place on Cherokee called Whisk Sustainable Bakery. (or something like that...I know it started with Whisk!). I ordered them from http://milasweets.com/ and then picked them up at Whisk. It was nice, because then I could pick whatever flavors and quantity I wanted. Expensive little *kitten*, though!