• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Dang, that is a beautiful pie.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    OK - for someone who self-proclaims is not much of a sweets eater, I admit I seem to be posting lots of sweets pictures. C'est la vie.

My girls are away on a school trip to Yosemite, so my wife and I snuck out midweek to have snacks and drinks at a local "Hawaiian Fusion Bar & Lounge" -- we kept it quasi-Cinco de Mayo by sharing a Kalua Pig Quesadilla (and some classic Cinco de Mayo Hawaiian beers), but then went for the Hula Pie for dessert -- described as: Ice cream pie with an Oreo cookie crust, vanilla bean & coffee ice cream. Topped with chocolate fudge, toasted coconut, macadamia nuts & whipped cream. The prices at this place seemed high, but the volume of food was redonkulous, as indicated by this monstrous slice of ice cream pie.

hd826r22ixcf.jpg

Holy cow that is huge but delicious looking!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    @cortelli, I for one am enjoying living vicariously through your newfound sweet tooth...

Me too!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OK - for someone who self-proclaims is not much of a sweets eater, I admit I seem to be posting lots of sweets pictures. C'est la vie.

My girls are away on a school trip to Yosemite, so my wife and I snuck out midweek to have snacks and drinks at a local "Hawaiian Fusion Bar & Lounge" -- we kept it quasi-Cinco de Mayo by sharing a Kalua Pig Quesadilla (and some classic Cinco de Mayo Hawaiian beers), but then went for the Hula Pie for dessert -- described as: Ice cream pie with an Oreo cookie crust, vanilla bean & coffee ice cream. Topped with chocolate fudge, toasted coconut, macadamia nuts & whipped cream. The prices at this place seemed high, but the volume of food was redonkulous, as indicated by this monstrous slice of ice cream pie.

hd826r22ixcf.jpg

tumblr_n3fimjrU4o1st03tqo1_400.gif
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

hd826r22ixcf.jpg

tumblr_n3fimjrU4o1st03tqo1_400.gif

zkr6vramtsub.gif

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ok, as mentioned in the savory thread, I went to the Public House in the Venetian (Vegas) for my birthday. I chose the entire restaurant based on this dessert option:

Sesame baharat caramel corn, framboise lambic marshmallow, black & blue tartlet, irish coffee cheesecake, chocolate stout trifle, mini creme brulee, nutella cookie.

11011936_10152913568851794_5241788224032722290_n.jpg?oh=4cf92fd607806aeb66bce53c930784dc&oe=55DC3D07&__gda__=1439698530_834be500c6dc82012af101d6628d35ec
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    ^^^ YUM! Love the presentation and all the different flavors.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow that looks awesome.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's quite a dessert spread! Did you eat it all?
    Last night at McConnell's, salted caramel chip. Amazeballs.

8j050tny7r3c.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I split it; so good!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Wow all of that looks effin delicious.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I totally forgot to take a picture, but on Mother's Day, we had a family party including birthdays. The menu was Mexican food, so I made Sopapilla Cheesecake. The 9x13 pan was gone in about 5 minutes flat. If anyone is looking for a super easy dessert to take to a potluck, this is it... we had it with vanilla ice cream and it was so good, would be even better with some caramel drizzle on it.

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/07/sopapilla-cheesecake.html

sopapilla-cheesecake-slice.JPG
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I totally forgot to take a picture, but on Mother's Day, we had a family party including birthdays. The menu was Mexican food, so I made Sopapilla Cheesecake. The 9x13 pan was gone in about 5 minutes flat. If anyone is looking for a super easy dessert to take to a potluck, this is it... we had it with vanilla ice cream and it was so good, would be even better with some caramel drizzle on it.

Oooh I have this pinned. Glad to know it's worth making.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Ok this looks delicious. Bookmarking...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm putting this here for posterity. I hate cakes. HATEHATEHATE. I'm never doing them again, ever. (I said that two days ago too, but this time I really mean it.)

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm putting this here for posterity. I hate cakes. HATEHATEHATE. I'm never doing them again, ever. (I said that two days ago too, but this time I really mean it.)

Wow - that frosting looks like a TON of work! You may hate them; I hope your customer loved it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Wow - that frosting looks like a TON of work! You may hate them; I hope your customer loved it.

All cakes are a ton of work. Cupcakes are so much better on so many levels. Believe it or not though, this is easier than making smooth frosting. The nice thing about it is that it looks like it'd be harder. And yes, she loved it so that's good. This is just practice. The real thing is next weekend and it will be blue and sparkly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Very pretty!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Amazing cake. The cake you're making next weekend sounds even better!
  • WinoGelato
    Options

All cakes are a ton of work. Cupcakes are so much better on so many levels. Believe it or not though, this is easier than making smooth frosting. The nice thing about it is that it looks like it'd be harder. And yes, she loved it so that's good. This is just practice. The real thing is next weekend and it will be blue and sparkly.

What was the flavor on the cake, and what's the occasion? Sorry if you posted this earlier I must have missed it.