Awesome!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    argh, a pie-rate, matey!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Awesome pie. Fan of pirates in general or the Pittsburgh Pirates?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Awesome pie. Fan of pirates in general or the Pittsburgh Pirates?

Is anyone actually a Pittsburgh Pirates fan? ;)

No just a gift someone got my kids when they were going through a pirate phase!

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I went to an bakery with a lot of Middle Eastern desserts today and bought myself a date ma'amoul. I should have taken a picture of the filling but I ended up eating it before I thought to.

HmMPpSs.jpg?1

Also had a frozen custard ice cream sandwich but I finished that off before it had a chance to melt!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    wttnpmmgp8mq.jpg
    Couldn't resist today.. apple cinnamon pecan cake.

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day to the fathers out there. I was presented with a treat some of you oldtimers will recognize:

6bslh2452003.jpg

Going to watch the end of the Canada-Switzerland women's world cup match, have some steak for dinner, and enjoy some pink popcorn after.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Made magic cookie bars aka Hello Dollies aka 7 layer bars for dessert. They don't photograph well but they tasted fantastic...

peyhahyxcoec.jpg
    prlvy7jxvser.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Those look awesome, Karen. Is that coconut? I used to completely hate shredded coconut-- now I'm okay with it in some contexts. I would definitely try those.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Yeah Amber it's coconut, but I don't think that's the prominent flavor They are super easy:

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/63959/magic-cookie-bars-from-eagle-brand/

I use butterscotch chips and chocolate chips, no nuts in mine.

They take me back to my childhood for sure!

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm getting to be a spoiled woman. I got flowers and Mr. Acrylics made this yesterday:

It's a Bailey's chocolate cheesecake. It's highly caloric, but worth every one.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    That looks amazing! I also agree with what someone else said that Mr Acrylics looks like Robert Irvine a little bit...

• Francl27
    Options
    7c8p3q05hjid.jpg
    0w0eb2rvgq07.jpg

Tried a local gelato place for lunch. Got hazelnut chocolate. Yum. Had some churros with pumpkin sauce too but no pic.

That cheesecake looks delicious!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Spent the weekend in Placerville ("gold country," outside Sacramento) for a little whitewater rafting and good food and drink. Just happened to be a "brewfest" in town where lots of local breweries were offering tastes - perfect timing! We left yesterday morning, and went by a bakery / breakfast place for a hearty breakfast (best buttermilk bisquits I've had in forever). Decided to bring home one of their pies. So, for dessert tonight, a little slice of peach pie.

Not the greatest pic, but the peaches had just the right amount of cinnamon mixed in, and the crust was delightful.

cz6m389ir516.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble getting calories up again and I'm thinking that finding a good local place to get an almond croissant would go a long way.

I think that's a good idea. Orrrrr, a pint of Talenti Toasted Almond. Mmmmm.

I want to try the Toasted Almond, but I haven't seen it anywhere. :anguished:

I found it at Publix when I was on vacation in FL, and that's the only time I've seen it. :disappointed:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I love every single picture you guys have posted. Every. Single. One. Yummmm!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Spent the weekend in Placerville ("gold country," outside Sacramento) for a little whitewater rafting and good food and drink. Just happened to be a "brewfest" in town where lots of local breweries were offering tastes - perfect timing! We left yesterday morning, and went by a bakery / breakfast place for a hearty breakfast (best buttermilk bisquits I've had in forever). Decided to bring home one of their pies. So, for dessert tonight, a little slice of peach pie.

Not the greatest pic, but the peaches had just the right amount of cinnamon mixed in, and the crust was delightful.

cz6m389ir516.jpg

I've been craving pie. Not helping.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    We had a family birthday party for my niece and we made these to go with her cake.

Faux Fried Ice Cream with vanilla ice cream rolled in Cinnamon Toast Crunch and mini chocolate chips drizzled with caramel.

a5n8qx4a6kf4.jpg
    jq2v5201yl49.jpg