Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Cortelli wrote: »
    I'm putting this here for posterity. I hate cakes. HATEHATEHATE. I'm never doing them again, ever. (I said that two days ago too, but this time I really mean it.)

Wow - that frosting looks like a TON of work! You may hate them; I hope your customer loved it.

All cakes are a ton of work. Cupcakes are so much better on so many levels. Believe it or not though, this is easier than making smooth frosting. The nice thing about it is that it looks like it'd be harder. And yes, she loved it so that's good. This is just practice. The real thing is next weekend and it will be blue and sparkly.

What was the flavor on the cake, and what's the occasion? Sorry if you posted this earlier I must have missed it.

Just chocolate. It's for a graduation party. The school colors are blue and silver so it's going to be blue frosting with silver edible sparkles.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm putting this here for posterity. I hate cakes. HATEHATEHATE. I'm never doing them again, ever. (I said that two days ago too, but this time I really mean it.)

Wow that looks amazing! Can't wait to see what your other creation looks like.

I tried this recipe I found on Pinterest called Eggless Cookie Dough

http://lilluna.com/eggless-cookie-dough/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+lilluna/isXQ+(Lil'+Luna+-+All+Things+Good)

& found it to be a tad sweet, but very tasty! I figure this will be a good recipe to try with my nieces & nephews during the summer.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I can't believe I'm about to say this but the cake thing wasn't so bad. I might do it again, if there were lots of money involved.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Completed order #2:

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Wow that looks awesome! I could see you making some big bucks doing that with a Frozen themed party.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Outstanding, Acrylics!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Wish I had some group members nearby. I've got a few cupcakes leftover that weren't quite pretty enough to make the cut and I can't find anyone who wants to take them off my hands. I won't be able to eat them all before they go bad.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I hope your customer loved the cake as much as they should. It's amazing!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Wow that looks awesome! I could see you making some big bucks doing that with a Frozen themed party.

I forgot all about Frozen-- I supposed that is more relevant. I keep thinking of it as Cinderella.

Cortelli wrote: »
    Outstanding, Acrylics!

Thank you!
    I hope your customer loved the cake as much as they should. It's amazing!

She was really excited about it and everyone at the party made a big fuss about it, which was nice for my ego. :) Thank you.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am not exaggerating Acrylics, I think that is the most beautiful cake I've ever seen that wasn't at a wedding, and it's probably prettier than 75% of the wedding cakes I've ever seen in person, mine included...
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    On vacation in Colorado Springs. Dinner pics in the savory thread but here's my dessert. Lemon Basil Goat Cheese Cheesecake with almond cookie crust. It was good, not very sweet, subtle lemon flavor. Not crazy about the crust. Too crumbly.

h8xxtd5baetz.jpg
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to take a picture, but on Mother's Day, we had a family party including birthdays. The menu was Mexican food, so I made Sopapilla Cheesecake. The 9x13 pan was gone in about 5 minutes flat. If anyone is looking for a super easy dessert to take to a potluck, this is it... we had it with vanilla ice cream and it was so good, would be even better with some caramel drizzle on it.

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/07/sopapilla-cheesecake.html

sopapilla-cheesecake-slice.JPG

I made this for my family last night and they all DEVOURED it! It was a big hit! So thank you very much for sharing it! I don't get to cook for people very often and when I do I'm always thrilled when they actually like it!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I am not exaggerating Acrylics, I think that is the most beautiful cake I've ever seen that wasn't at a wedding, and it's probably prettier than 75% of the wedding cakes I've ever seen in person, mine included...

:blush:
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Went to a diner for breakfast yesterday and the family split a cinnamon roll as an appetizer...

2109myr4erob.jpg

Also made roasted peeps for s'mores with a few of our remaining Easter Peeps, I had squirreled away in back of the pantry...
    rrenerpfc2qf.jpg

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I was bad. Had delicious things on Sunday but didn't take any pictures, although to be fair, they didn't look as good as they tasted (strawberry trifle, banana pudding, German chocolate cake, cinnamon apple kugel).
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Visited my folks over the long weekend, and that meant a trip to the local ice cream parlour:

http://www.theuniondairy.com/

They serve Cedar Crest Ice Cream

http://www.cedarcresticecream.com/ice-cream-parlor-flavors/

I had a scoop of Jumping Jersey Cow (Peanut Butter Flavored Ice Cream Blended with Chocolate Coated Caramel Mini Cows and Swirled with Chocolate Fudge) and a scoop of Elephant Tracks (pieces of peanut butter cups and chocolate fudge swirled into chocolate ice cream).

No pic :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Went to a diner for breakfast yesterday and the family split a cinnamon roll as an appetizer...

2109myr4erob.jpg

Also made roasted peeps for s'mores with a few of our remaining Easter Peeps, I had squirreled away in back of the pantry...
    rrenerpfc2qf.jpg

Yum! I was going to get some of the Party Cake Peeps when they went on sale, but I kept putting it off & then when I went to buy some it was the nasty Mystery flavored ones.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Visited my folks over the long weekend, and that meant a trip to the local ice cream parlour:

http://www.theuniondairy.com/

They serve Cedar Crest Ice Cream

http://www.cedarcresticecream.com/ice-cream-parlor-flavors/

I had a scoop of Jumping Jersey Cow (Peanut Butter Flavored Ice Cream Blended with Chocolate Coated Caramel Mini Cows and Swirled with Chocolate Fudge) and a scoop of Elephant Tracks (pieces of peanut butter cups and chocolate fudge swirled into chocolate ice cream).

No pic :(

Yum
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Acrylics, I only saw the packaged cupcakes and the corner of the final cake when you posted on your wall. That was GORGEOUS!

I finally tried the Edy's Chocolate Malt Frozen Custard. I felt like I was just eating it to eat it. I mean, it was good and creamy, but didn't have the malt taste I was expecting. I'll have to see how I feel about it the next time. I'm also not an expert on frozen custard, so maybe it's not supposed to be an "in your face" flavor. I dunno.

We also got Turkey Hill's Butter Pecan. Not my favorite Turkey Hill flavor. The pecan pieces were really good, but the base seemed a little on the icy side, like the gelato.