Like Minded Lushes - August 2014

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kate....knowing you caved will make my decision to have wine tonight easier :drinker: This has been a rough day!

Glad I could have been of service Dear :bigsmile:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Kate..happy hour sounds like a lot more fun than the gym anyway:wink:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options

I had wine again....mailed off the final checks from my dad's trust to my brothers yesterday. I'm putting 90% of the money I got toward Preston's college..but am thinking about ways to treat myself with the rest. Probably will get some things done to the house...it could use some sprucing up. I'm having fun just thinking of different ways to spend the money. :tongue:
    It's almost the weekend...woohoo!

Hmm, why not treat yourself to hosting a party for all your lushy friends and flying us all down to San Diego?

:wink:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Unofficial showing last night
    Re-list today
    Work was hell last night
    Packed my liquor, umbrella, sunscreen
    Off to the fair
    I'm not giving a fck today

That's like poetry!

I have been drinking,
    Wednesday-the other half of the bottle of white
    Thursday=2 beers
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha...that would be a.blast, Gary. The booze bill alone might be a huge dent in the inheritance!
    I got into the tequila last night. I did manage to exercise every day this week but I continued with my summer drinking. I figure it'll be October before I manage some sustained 0's.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    uhhh last night was a doozey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 beers at happy hour, then stopped for a margarita (or two), then came home and had 2 manhattans. It was a rough morning! I texted my boss last night and told him I was working from home...but then the *kitten* called me this morning telling me packages for next weeks board meeting needed to go out today...so here I am. But I had a good workout this morning and I should be out of here shortly!!!!
    I know I shouldn't drink BUT...well you know it goes!!!!

Tomorrow, we are going to Len's cousin's 4th Annual Beer, Bourbon and BBQ....always tons of fun! We will spend the night and see what happens sunday!!!

Happy weekend everyone!!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes - I did you proud yesterday :drinker:

I guess we had another showing last night and they were here for 1 1/2 hours. We talked to the Realtor this morning and she thinks an offer is on the way. See, not giving a fck just may work out.

Good job on the walking Gary - sounds like a great trip.

Syd - I like Kate's idea the best :drinker: :wink:

Kate - the weather is so nice, it's hard to behave!! :devil:

Tonight and tomorrow will be zeros.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- about 2/3 bottle of skinny girl margarita
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 10 oz red ....was hoping this would help me sleep after a rough week with the kiddo, but it did not, slept like crap....on a positive note the Jack slept great :smile: hopefully we are through this round of teething

Tonight I plan on making myself some pizza and having some wine.

Tomorrow should be pretty low key as well.

Sunday we are going to the cubs game....catching the train to the city and most likely having a beer on the way there. Its gonna be a mess.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    We had a low ball offer today; so, now the negotiations begin. :sad: 2 more showings tomorrow and we will see. I am nervous with Labor Day coming up. Who house hunts on Labor Day??? I'm thinking no one.

1 Coors Light Pounder - Why not I thought? 12-hour workday tomorrow and Sunday.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 5 drinks
    Sat - 6 beers
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Well in typical Katie fashion, I did you all proud this weekend!!!!

Friday-2 1/2 beers
    Saturday-lots of beers, manhattans and lord only know what else....we woke up hammered. Stopped at the SILs on the way home and stayed for a few hours recovering.
    Sunday-2 beers
    Monday-0...there should be lots of those this week!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    my weekend was a mix with wine, tequila, vodka and I even had a beer! :noway:
    I exercised both days so hopefully I managed not to do too much damage on the scale...my liver is another story.

Heading on vacay later this week. I'll moderate til then but I see no 0's for me until after labor day.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 5 drinks
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Friday I went to a new brewery and did a taster flight, it was quite yummy! Then we took some thai food home and had some miller lites.

Saturday we went to dinner, a tapas place, split a bottle of red, then had a beer down the street, went home and had a few more.

Sunday=0 drinks, I had a spell of vertigo and didn't do anything except stay very still. So annoying! Probably will not workout or drink tonight and hopefully I am all better tomorrow...
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options

Sunday=0 drinks, I had a spell of vertigo and didn't do anything except stay very still. So annoying! Probably will not workout or drink tonight and hopefully I am all better tomorrow...

Sounds like an inner ear infection- get better soon Amy!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi lushes - I am exhausted from the 12 hour shifts.

The lowball offer didn't work out. We didn't want to go down 30,000 dollars. I told Ron I would burn the house :smokin: before I sold it for that. So, another showing today. 2 more tomorrow and 1 on Thursday. I want to be a slob again.

I think I am off to go buy a St. Joesph statue and bury him in the yard. I'm calling in the big guns now.

Still lushing...
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Good luck Kim!!!!

Amy, hope you feel better soon!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Friday- one vodka and soda water and 10 oz red
    Saturday-almost a bottle of red
    Sunday- at the Cubs game....started drinking on the train there at 8 AM I don't think I need to say anymore :laugh: Waay too much beer, a frozen margarita and some wine to finish off the day

So a ridiculously lushy weekend!

Monday- a couple mimosas, a vodka drink and probably a half bottle of red

I see a few zeros in the near future!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    tequila last night :noway:
    i think i'll have some wine while packing...
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Have a great vacation (AGAIN) Syd :tongue:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0