Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    ker95texas wrote: »
    have at least 750 books to choose from at all times - and am able to carry my library with me easily.

Yes, the Kindle is a joy for me read11.gif

That is fantastic! I have a Nook and I agree that indeed, being able to carry your books so conveniently is a blessing. Not to mention that I am addicted to Solitaire :smile: and I have a writing app on it, so I can make notes, take lists with me, etc. They are wonderful!

Grateful today also that I have the joy of arranging holiday music for my students... we have classes coming up in December during which they get to play for the group, their current favorite holiday song.

So, back to work! Gotta finish "Christmastime is Here" for an 8-year-old.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Kathy: I'm so envious! I have been searching for a Messiah performance this year and haven't found one yet. Our Chamber Music Orchestra always does a "sing-along" Messiah, but it isn't the same. I'll keep looking. I do have tickets to an excellent classical chorale for next week.

Joan: I always say that people are brought into our lives for a reason or a season. I always seem to learn something that I need to learn when new people enter my life. They come just when I need it! Like all of you!

Ker: I'm on my third Kindle. Like you, had the first and keep upgrading! I don't buy ahead too much. We can also download from our public library! Free!

Me: I'm just grateful for everything today! Good day!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am grateful I am not as sore as I thought I would be. Slept great, good day at work. Found a new doctor yesterday that I liked. And voted on a union contract that really doesn't matter to me, I only have two more years until retirement. Life is good.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm grateful for old friends. A recent event reunited me with a dozen I hadn't seen for many, many years. We were able to pick up as if we'd just spent yesterday sharing a cup of coffee in the kitchen. Then, my earliest childhood friend - I haven't seen her in 60 years - contacted me through FB and invited me to visit her in Maine. Such joy!
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Grateful to my mom for everything she has always been and given throughout my life. Glad she's still around!
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    My mom-in-law, 94, passed on sometime toward this morning. Grateful that her illness was only 5 days long and her passing peaceful. Grateful that her best friend and family from California were able to be with her on her last day. Grateful that she didn't have to go through the stress of moving to an alzheimer's facility, which was imminent. And most grateful to the hospice home where she was able to make the transition in a warm and caring atmosphere. To tell the truth I'm kind of excited for her - finding what's on the other side. Hopefully, something grand.
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Grateful I've been able to keep it together during some unbelievable BS. :)
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    JoanLovell wrote: »
    Grateful I've been able to keep it together during some unbelievable BS. :)

Been there...done that...and wish a had some wonderful words of advise and comfort for you. {{Hugs}}

• mxchana
    Options
    My mom-in-law, 94, passed on sometime toward this morning. Grateful that her illness was only 5 days long and her passing peaceful. Grateful that her best friend and family from California were able to be with her on her last day. Grateful that she didn't have to go through the stress of moving to an alzheimer's facility, which was imminent. And most grateful to the hospice home where she was able to make the transition in a warm and caring atmosphere. To tell the truth I'm kind of excited for her - finding what's on the other side. Hopefully, something grand.

Beautifully expressed, Joan. Thinking of you at this time of transition in your family. ~ Kathy
  • mxchana
    Options
    Busy weekend but a great weekend. The highlight was the Messiah performance Saturday night. This was done by our local Worcester Chorus and "festival orchestra" - a chamber orchestra of local musicians. My husband & I agreed it was the best performance of Messiah we had ever heard in concert (and I have heard quite a few!).

This was one of those occasions when I found myself expressing deep gratitude for the restoration of my hearing. When I was a child I lost my hearing completely, then had surgery when I was 5 which restored it. Today I celebrate that gift and look forward to celebrating it some more as I attend more holiday performances.
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    This was one of those occasions when I found myself expressing deep gratitude for the restoration of my hearing. When I was a child I lost my hearing completely, then had surgery when I was 5 which restored it. Today I celebrate that gift and look forward to celebrating it some more as I attend more holiday performances.

It must have seemed quite a miracle to suddenly hear at the age of 5! It's no wonder that music is so important to you. Enjoy!

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Joan: my condolences. You have the best attitude though. Death is a transition. Well, put.

Kathy: What a wonderful story about your hearing. I can see why music is so special to you.

A guy who used to work for me has kept asking about how I'm feeling. I have kept saying "fine." Today he asked if I was telling him the truth as he never knew me before I gained weight and he said he was concerned I was losing because I was ill and had just been lying about it. I told him, truthfully, that I feel better now than I have in 15 years! I am thankful that is the truth.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Joan, so glad your mother-in-law's passing came quickly. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kathy, what a joy to have your hearing!

Charlie, great news to share with your friend. I'm sure he was relieved he must be. I saw a friend I had not seen in a long time, he had lost a lot of weight. I praised him, then asked if he was ok. He said he had gone on MFP and lost about 2 lbs a week. A couple of weeks later I saw another friend, she had lost a lot of weight. I told her she looked great. Asked "how did you lose all your weight?" She said, "Well, I have cancer".

Today I am grateful for a friend at work that was willing to trade days with me so I don't have to hurry home from Cincinnati Christmas on 12/28 to get to bed early for work. She is working for me on 12/29!
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Oik! Going to a weight loss group today. Grateful (I guess) that I've found the will to try again.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Oik! Going to a weight loss group today. Grateful (I guess) that I've found the will to try again.

There with you, Joan! I am headed out to my spin class for the first time in many years ... grateful to have a gym membership ... and looking forward to my reward, the steam room! ~ Kathy

• mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just found this group. I'm 63. Joined MFP a year ago. Have lost 33 lbs. Close to my goal wt.
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Welcome mwhite! 33 lbs off would put me at my goal too. I bet that feels great!

Glad to have company, Kathy! I'm not brave enough to try spin yet, but have 2 weight lifting classes this week ---- FINALLY!

I'm grateful today for Aveeno. :)

• JoanLovell
    Options
    Grateful I was able to unload the dishwasher today without my back hurting. I have to credit my weightlifting classes for that. If I can get rid of back pain it'll be a life changer as it's prevented me from going places and doing things for a long time.
  • JoanLovell
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I guess I was "glad" more than "grateful". Grateful that I've been able to join a gym that is perfect for me.
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my sister - the only person in the world who really understands why my mother drives me nuts. (But don't get me wrong - we love her dearly.)