Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    DreamOn ~ So pleased to hear of your results! That is just terrific.

I am so grateful that I can afford to belong to a gym. My energy level is always boosted up after I spend time there - and the sauna in the spa is just like a vacation! ~ Kathy
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Awwwww Sue thank you for including me your gratitude list! I am feeling stronger every day and I do confess to overdoing. Steroids will put you on a bit of a high that way and I want this house to be organized and put together, not just because it makes me crazy to look at this mess, but because it needs to be that way to keep fight that war with the dust. As my friend the queen of clean says "We are at war, and dust is the enemy!" lol
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Dream, this happy dance is for you.
    dancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gif

I am grateful I am going to the rec center and feeling so good afterwards, it really motivates me to keep going back. I am even grateful for the muscles I used there yesterday slightly hurting today, means I am making some progress in the right direction.

I am also grateful for DH that shares pizza and other things with me so I can have some but not over do it in the calories dept. LOL.
  • Pinkpedals
    Pinkpedals Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I love this thread. My name is Debby and Im greatful I found this group. Im also glad im at least maintaing the last two days and not gaining wt. the scale seems stuck.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Debby - I was stuck for about 6 weeks until very recently. What worked was to ramp up my exercise. I've found that if I don't get my heart rate up, I simply don't lose no matter how closely I'm sticking to my program. If I'm treadmilling, I walk at a moderate pace, 3.6 mph, to warm up for about 10 minutes, then increase the incline quite high and walk that for two minutes, then lower the incline to 0 and walk reeeaaalllly slowly (2.5 mph) for about 6 minutes. Then I elevate the incline again and go through this cycle 5 or 6 times. It WORKS - but feels very easy because most of the time I'm walking very slowly. Just a thought! We will get there!
  • Pinkpedals
    Pinkpedals Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ill try that JoanLovell.
    Thank you.
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    I am grateful today that we brought our generator down from Vermont for a tune up and it's in the back of my hub's car. Nor'easter on the way!!!
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that I am Key West with good friends and have been walking and biking all morning. Now off to the kayak and then a beer and dinner out!
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Im grateful that I FINALLY have a DVD player set up in the bonus room in front of my exercise bike and have unearthed my yoga mat and yoga DVDs as well. Now I just need to start using them!!!!
  • mxchana
    Options
    So grateful for the support of this group, and for all the info & tools on MFP. I realized the other day that I am already 60% of the way to my goal! That thought just amazes me. And I am ready for the next fresh batch of snow here. I am excited to be cross-country skiing again!
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So grateful for waking up and finding another day!----and my coffee!
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thankful for a warmer day today. Going for a walk in a few. Thankful for MFP. I weighed in at 200 today! That's down 45 pounds since last May and 35 of those pounds since beginning MFP in September. I have a goal of being under 200 by 2-1-15 so it looks like I have a shot at it. Also thankful for this site and all of the encouraging success stories you all keep posting. Onward and downward.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I grateful I got up and went to a circuit class, it seems to be something I should be doing on a regular basis, I just don't like getting up earlier to do it. >:) Was worth it to see the results on the fitbit. I am also grateful there is an active Fitbit user group on MFP and that I got the fitbit app and MFP talking to each other without any serious issues.

Have a Fitastic day, everyone.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    I realized the other day that I am already 60% of the way to my goal!

Wow, that is a great reminder. I tend to focus on how much further I have to go, instead of acknowledging how far I have come. Thanks for that!!! <3

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    IndianaPapaw, Congrats on reaching 200. I just did it a couple of weeks ago and it is a fantastic feeling. You should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!!!
    Janet

Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    mx congratulations!! This really is a good program. Today I am grateful because my husbands computer desk finally arrived! Now we are waiting on the handyman to assemble it. Will be so good to have my own computer back! Its amazing how someone elses computer is just not the same lol
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful I hit the 10,000 steps on first full day with a fitbit. I had tweaked the goal to 5,000 because I really didn't think I could do 10K in a day right off the bat. But the weather was ok so in addition to everything else yesterday we took an after lunch walk and the fitbit informed me I had gotten the 10K badge and it was only midday!! Now to fix my bad sleep pattern, I am in bed over 7 hrs and only getting 3-4.5 hrs sleep it turns out.
  • Bettikins52
    Bettikins52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. ..New to MFP. I count my blessings everyday and do not take them for granted. Today is a beautiful cold bright blue sky day..fresh powdery snow in the yard and new rabbit tracks crossing in the middle. A pretty scene! Keep the motivation going!
  • mxchana
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welcome, Bettikins! MFP is a wonderful site - and this is a special, supportive group!

To Janet & to Indiana Papaw: congrats on hitting 200! That is a super accomplishment.

Kudos to retirehappy for getting all that walking in!

I am grateful to have made it through my first Body Flow class this morning. It brings me back to the days, decades ago, when I used to do yoga every day. That is my goal, and this weekly class is a great step toward that goal. ~ Kathy
  • JoanLovell
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'd like to ditto the congrats above! And say, YES to yoga, Kathy. I have fond memories. I tried chair yoga last year and found, to my surprise, that it was not at all an "old lady" thing.

Today I am grateful (I think) that I found the bravery to join a 12-week healthy weight campaign at my gym. I'll be part of a Team - gulp - and that idea scares the daylights out of me. I am soooo not a "joiner" and, like, uh-oh, I'm making a real commitment. There are 6 teams competing to change body fat percentage. At the end there's a huge party and runway fashion show (participation optional). It was not cheap to join but all the $$ goes to Komen for the Cure. Oik!