Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bettikins! Congrats to all above that have reached their goals. I'm grateful my ankle is doing better and does not hurt any more. Have to take the exercise s-l-o-w.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Grateful today for ibuprofen ... I hate to take it but, much as I enjoyed Body Flow yesterday, today I am in Body Pain LOL ...
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Bettikins, welcome, you will like it here.

Today I am grateful the snow has not started up, so I was able to get outside and walk this AM. I think I am getting use to having my rec center classes to go to and I was at a loss earlier today on how to get activity in today. So my DH reminded me, we have a room upstairs with dumbbells, dvd's and player, yoga mats, and a step bench. He wisely suggested I could work out here just fine. So I did that and then he joined me on a walk before lunch.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful my therapeutic yoga teacher has returned from her very long Christmas vacation and we have started our sessions together again.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm truly on board, I am grateful every day to my hubbo for making it possible for me to go to my new gym.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Grateful I could take these several days off for a stay-mini-spa-cation. Facials, eyebrow waxing, jacuzzi, deep-tissue massage, mani-pedi, Tai Chi, workouts, good food, wine, reading, etc. 2.5 pounds lost. Today, classic film series showing of "Funny Girl" at the theater! Back to reality on Tuesday.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    GMCharlie that all sound good to me!

I am grateful it did snow and I will get a lot of my steps in today by shoveling snow. We were supposed to get about 1 inch will at my place it was 8 inches and it is wet heavy snow not light champagne powder like we get mostly around here. Shoveling will be a challenge. We have a long run in front of the house due to the roads curved design.

I am also grateful that I finally stopped maintaining and dropped .5, not much but in the right direction and I have been waiting a while for it to go below my former low point. So I am happy to take it.

Make your decisions good ones today and everyday <3
  • learntolive
    Options
    I'm grateful for our wonderful church and a fantastic message
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I woke up early this morning and I am grateful for this time of silence in the house and hot coffee. I have not stopped in for a few days and I see so many amazing things in this list! Kudos to everyone for all the accomplishments! I think the fitbit is an amazing tool. And I am loving getting back to my yoga a little bit also! Grateful for the inspiration I get from this amazing group!
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Woke up to cold and ice/snow but only 2" - 3" of the predicted 14"+ we were supposed to get. So thankful the weather folks are not in control of the snow.

Climbed on the scales this morning and was under 200 lbs. for the first time in about 40 years. When I started this journey I had no idea I would ever be at this weight again. I've always been an "easy keeper" when it comes to weight. I could gain a couple of pounds just sniffing fresh donuts or almost anything else for that matter. I'm so grateful I found MFP last September and this encouraging group of folks. Need to set another goal and see where to go from here. Thanks y'all.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Climbed on the scales this morning and was under 200 lbs. for the first time in about 40 years. When I started this journey I had no idea I would ever be at this weight again.

Welcome to Onederland!

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    Climbed on the scales this morning and was under 200 lbs. for the first time in about 40 years. When I started this journey I had no idea I would ever be at this weight again.

Welcome to Onederland!
    Yes, congratulations on your milestone!
    Coffee time is over, I'm grateful for coffee. ;-> and the time it gives me to reflect on how great the day is going to be if I maintain a positive attitude.
  • retirehappy
    edited February 2015
    Options

Climbed on the scales this morning and was under 200 lbs. for the first time in about 40 years. When I started this journey I had no idea I would ever be at this weight again. I've always been an "easy keeper" when it comes to weight. I could gain a couple of pounds just sniffing fresh donuts or almost anything else for that matter. I'm so grateful I found MFP last September and this encouraging group of folks. Need to set another goal and see where to go from here. Thanks y'all.

Congrats to making it under 200, way to go.

starburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gif
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am grateful I am serious enough about weight loss and cared enough about my self to go for the fitbit. It is making my life so much easier. It is like having my own biofeed back machine on my wrist and it tells all my logging sites what they need to know.
    <3<3<3<3<3
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging words. retirehappy, which model of fitbit do you have if you don't mind saying?
  • learntolive
    Options
    IndianaPapaw, WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT! CONGRATS TO YOU
  • retirehappy
    Options
    IndianaPapaw, I got the Charge with the heart rate monitor. But there are other models less expensive without the HRM feature that are great for tracking your activity.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Isn't it beautiful in Onderland? Congratulations! That is a big event!
  • mxchana
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Many things to be thankful for such as: two snowstorms and we didn't lose power either time; and we can afford to crank the heat up a little when it gets bitterly cold as it is today. But my favorite gratitude item this morning is getting my BMI down to 28.79 - when I started my journey at the end of August, it was 40.2. happy-096.gif
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Indiana congrats on crossing that border! That is a huge milestone! And I love that term Onederland! lol I hope this is the year that I get there myself!

Grateful this morning that I FINALLY have my own computer back (it was a challenge, tried to set it up and could not, spent an hour with a guy down at Best Buy, had a fried HDMI port and a burned out speaker). And I was finally able to set up my new fitbit which I wore last night and am wearing for the first time today. Now if I can just get some furniture in my livingroom, I believe I will feel like a civilized human for the first time in a LONG time lol