January 2015 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Just a little over 37wks now! Yikes!! Was at 3cm and still 80% effaced. I feel her super low, constantly have lighting pain running between my legs. Eek. I haven't gained weight this week thank goodness. Lol stil sitting at 36lbs which is plenty!! I fee so Heavy and round. Boohoo
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Went to the doctor's this morning and I'm measuring just as I should be. I'm very happy about that. Apparently the baby is head down.

I was off yesterday and today, and I was able to accomplish a lot. I bought all of the remaining necessities needed for baby and for me. In addition, I cleaned out my kitchen and entrance. I'm so happy that's done. The last thing to do is to deep clean my living room. I will do that over the weekend. After that, I'm done my cleaning/organizing list. Feels good to have those things out of the way. I can enjoy the rest of my pregnancy and time off.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's finally here... my last day at work (basically - I have to make a cameo appearance on the 29th). I'm so happy and thankful to be able to stay home with the baby. It's what I've always wanted to do, and honestly, I don't think I would be a good employee or as good of a mom if I had to work. I truly respect working moms.

Sounds like everyone is getting ready and nesting away! I look forward to some deep cleaning with my sister tomorrow. She'll do the bathrooms and kitchen scrubbing for me since this big belly takes up like, half of the bathroom space just standing there, and hands and knees scrubbing just seems silly right now.

Stay well, everyone! And hang in there Alex!

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I love reading your updates!

I'm in the hospital with preeclampsia until I deliver (37 weeks) or until my water breaks. As of Tuesday, I'm 3cm dilated & 70% effaced. I'm 34 weeks 1 day! No contractions anymore & I get to walk around (which isn't much). I'm also on a high blood pressure med & a few other cocktail of pills. I'm trying to stay positive.

You ladies have a wonderful Christmas!
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    Take care, Alex. Hoping the baby waits a few weeks before making an appearance.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I love reading your updates!

I'm in the hospital with preeclampsia until I deliver (37 weeks) or until my water breaks. As of Tuesday, I'm 3cm dilated & 70% effaced. I'm 34 weeks 1 day! No contractions anymore & I get to walk around (which isn't much). I'm also on a high blood pressure med & a few other cocktail of pills. I'm trying to stay positive.

You ladies have a wonderful Christmas!

Aww, I'm sorry about the Pre-E. Hope baby and delivery go smoothly for you when you do deliver!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    well things are a bit crummy right now. My mom went to be with Jesus this Christmas. I live in Seattle and everything is happening in Missouri, I am just about 38wks pregnant and theres no way I'm allowed to fly at this point and even driving is out of the question (2000+ miles) Im about 3.5cm dilated and 80%effaced so everyone is telling me to stay home. I don't know how I will handle for the rest of my life that I wasn't able to attend the funeral. Obviously I haven't been eating well, pretty upset and alone all the time. I lost a couple pounds but I think today my appetite is kicking back in. I just feel so alone cause everyone else from my family are all together and they have each other to keep company and to comfort. I have no one. My husband is at work all the time and isn't able to stay home or come early cause he's super busy with jobs right now. I don't feel like doing anything but sit in my feelings and mope around but that's impossible because I still have 2 kids to take care of and make food for and clean after. The people in Missouri are amazing support network, they are providing meals for all of the family and visiting them at their house. No one has offered to bring over anything for us, everyone texts me and says they are sorry and if I need anything to let them know, I definitely am no going to tell people to make me meals and come clean my house. Lol I feel like I have no one to talk to cause everyone is busy doing their own thing and too busy to talk to me. its just a depressing situation right now and doesn't help one bit that my husband isn't being very supportive at the moment. This shall pass to I guess. He says he will need to stay with me more after I have the baby so he's trying to get as much work done now as he can. I understand that, but I am down right depressed and just need adult conversations and a hug . anyways ,that's whats happening here
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    cocolo89 wrote: »
    well things are a bit crummy right now. My mom went to be with Jesus this Christmas. I live in Seattle and everything is happening in Missouri, I am just about 38wks pregnant and theres no way I'm allowed to fly at this point and even driving is out of the question (2000+ miles) Im about 3.5cm dilated and 80%effaced so everyone is telling me to stay home. I don't know how I will handle for the rest of my life that I wasn't able to attend the funeral. Obviously I haven't been eating well, pretty upset and alone all the time. I lost a couple pounds but I think today my appetite is kicking back in. I just feel so alone cause everyone else from my family are all together and they have each other to keep company and to comfort. I have no one. My husband is at work all the time and isn't able to stay home or come early cause he's super busy with jobs right now. I don't feel like doing anything but sit in my feelings and mope around but that's impossible because I still have 2 kids to take care of and make food for and clean after. The people in Missouri are amazing support network, they are providing meals for all of the family and visiting them at their house. No one has offered to bring over anything for us, everyone texts me and says they are sorry and if I need anything to let them know, I definitely am no going to tell people to make me meals and come clean my house. Lol I feel like I have no one to talk to cause everyone is busy doing their own thing and too busy to talk to me. its just a depressing situation right now and doesn't help one bit that my husband isn't being very supportive at the moment. This shall pass to I guess. He says he will need to stay with me more after I have the baby so he's trying to get as much work done now as he can. I understand that, but I am down right depressed and just need adult conversations and a hug . anyways ,that's whats happening here

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Just try to take it day by day.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

I am so so sorry to hear this, I'm just heartbroken for you. :( it sound like this was unexpected? Either way, it's never easy. I can't imagine what you're going through. I wish there was something I could say or do to help. Is there no one that would come stay with you for a while? Even if they miss the funeral, I'm sure your mom wouldn't want you alone and so pregnant right now. I'm so sorry!! :(
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and the situation you find yourself in. Losing a loved-one around Christmas is difficult. It's even harder when you cannot attend the funeral. Take care.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mother Dec 22nd, 2005 when I was in high school. She had a liver disorder & died all of a sudden in her sleep. If you need to talk, don't hesitate to message me! I sit alone in a hospital bed 24/7. And no one has offered to help babysit my toddler, come visit me, nothing. I've had to call & ask people to visit me! After you have the baby, maybe in the summer, you can visit your moms grave. I didn't go to my moms funeral, but visit her grave, which has helped. Hang in there!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I was having 2-3 contractions every 10mins for an hour & a half. So painful! It's less now thank goodness! I've been doing stretches, which has helped with muscle soreness from laying in this bed. Got my IV out, which gives me a lot more freedom & less pain! Dr is afraid my water will break if she checks my cervix so I have no idea how dilated I am now! Easily 4+cm.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    Alex, I hope things start looking up for you. It sucks that nobody has offered to watch your toddler. Do you not have family in you neck of the woods? Keep your chin up. Soon enough you will have your new bundle of joy and this period will only be a memory.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Alex, I hope things start looking up for you. It sucks that nobody has offered to watch your toddler. Do you not have family in you neck of the woods? Keep your chin up. Soon enough you will have your new bundle of joy and this period will only be a memory.

Thank you! Most of my family lives out of state. I have a younger sister who works full time & is afraid of kids & my grandmother, who can't watch her longer than an hour or two before she gets too worn out. My husband's family left for a 3 week vacation to Mexico.... But one of his sisters stayed here so she's watching my daughter. I hope I have the baby before school starts back up because she goes to school full time, as well as my husband & my daughter goes twice a week. At least this too shall pass & won't last forever. :)
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Hey everybody, happy Sunday! I'm 36 weeks today!

I'm thinking about and sending positive vibes to Alex and cocolo. Hope you're both hanging in there. <3

Today I did a deep clean on the nursery, dusted, cleaned the window, swept, mopped, etc and tightened up the bolts on all the furniture. My mom had mentioned when we were putting it together that I should go back over and tighten them before the baby comes, and I was surprised some were actually pretty loose! Bags are packed... Just waiting...

It's going on 8 pm and I keep forgetting I don't have to work til my last day on the 29th! I realized I've only ever taken a full week off work for our honeymoon, 5 years ago.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

I had my 36 week checkup on Tuesday. She checked my cervix and said there's no way I'll make it to my due date of January 18th. I had a LEEP done back in 2007, which shortened my already short cervix. We discovered the shortness back at 20 weeks. She said I'm only 1cm dilated but I'm 80% effaced and very soft, and she thinks the only thing keeping me from being further dilated is a small band of scar tissue from the surgery.

How is everyone else holding up?
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    I'm exhausted and constipated (TMI, I'm sorry).
    My weight is up alot thanks to holiday festivities.

I got some much needed things for Christmas. New camera, so now I can take pics of baby. Quilted Vera Bradley bag that I'm going to use for baby. Now I just need to do some last minute things before baby comes and if I ever get a burst of energy I'll do some cleaning and take down my Christmas stuff.

I had a growth ultrasound today. Baby is estimated to be 6 lbs 15 oz. DD1 was born at 38w6d at 6 lbs 7 oz. I'm not sure how I feel about this one being bigger, lol.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    I finally finished my house cleaning list. I'm so happy it's done. The only left to do is transporting baby stuff to the cottage and getting the room setup there. We're not decorating or anything. Just putting things away and setting up the pack n' play.

I've been really tired lately. I have to take a lot of breaks when doing any cleaning. Things are just getting more difficult and I'm really slowing down. Oh well. I'm done pretty much everything. I just have to pack my hospital bag and I'm all ready. :)
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    That's awesome you got your cleaning list done. I cross one thing off and add two... If I brought her home today, I'd be totally fine. The things on my list aren't really necessary.

I had no appetite today and started feeling really queasy after dinner and still feel like crap. This is the way I feel when I'm about to start my period, and it makes me wonder if I'll be going into labor soon. I have a feeling it's going to suck from here on out. Bleh.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Still feeling awful. Flu like symptoms with no fever. Feeling some contractions followed by intense nausea. Can't eat.