January 2015 Due Dates

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That sucks. Hopefully it will pass. I've been feeling ok lately. Just some cramping and not sleeping well at night. I've been at the cottage for a few days. We had a super bad storm when driving down. DH plowed the driveway right away in the event we have to make a hasty exit if I go into labour. Luckily, our cottage is only 1hr20minutes to the hospital. We are also serviced with the provincial police and ambulance. I would use them as a last resort. I'm back in the city for the night since DH has to work today and tomorrow, and then we are heading back tomorrow afternoon for a couple of days.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm nesting like crazy today. I think I overdid it on the activity though.

Had my 37 week OB appointment today. GBS came back negative (yay!). Got some paperwork that I have to bring with me to the hospital when it's time. I'm a little disappointed though, no cervix check. Guess that will be next week.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm all better now, must've had a 24 hour bug. I rarely ever get sick like that. I'm 37+3 today and had an appt this morning. No change-still 1cm dilated and about 80% effaced. She did say she could feel baby's head engaged in the pelvis, so that's good. Any time now... She said if it comes down to it and the scar tissue holds out to my due date, she could just snip it and I should dilate quickly.

Anyone doing anything fun for NYE? We've got nothing going on.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Nothing going on here... I plan on sleeping. lol
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well and that 2015 started off on a good note.

We didn't do much. Spent some time at the cottage but I'm back home now for a couple of days and I'm heading back tomorrow afternoon. We will stay for a few days.

We have some wicked cold weather heading our way, so I'm going to pull out my sewing machine and make curtains for the nursery at the cottage. That will keep me busy for a few days.

Had an OB appointment last Friday and she estimated the baby will be born between 6 lbs and 7 lbs. I'm happy about that weight. Should make things easier for me. I was born at 6.5 lbs, so it kind of follows our family pattern.

Furthermore, I'm going to ask about a possible planned induction if I pass my due date. The reason being is that my hubby is a pilot and he booked 2 weeks of holidays starting Jan 15th. I don't want to go over my due date too much because I could have this baby when my hubby is due back at work. LOL.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's updates this month.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    How's everyone doing? It's so quiet these past couple days!

I had an OB appt. on Monday and I'm 2cm dilated. I've also been set to have an induction on Thursday the 15th, assuming I don't go on my own before then! Excited and ready!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    It has been so quiet! I know a couple mommies are already holding their babies-congrats to you!

I had very mild contractions last night for about 4 hours. They were 10-12 minutes apart for about 2.5 hours then about 8 min apart for 1.5 hours. I fell asleep and woke up a couple of times feeling some pain, but obviously no baby for me yet!

Headed to the doctor this afternoon and anxious to see what she says. I have that scar tissue on my cervix, and when she felt that over 2 weeks ago she said we could snip it when I get closer to my due date. So, maybe we'll schedule that today! I thought I wanted to experience the whole, going into labor at home, oh it's time, get in the car! kind of experience since both of my sisters were scheduled induced, but now I'm thinking different. I've been reading about the scar tissue caused by LEEP procedures, and there are so many variables (just like everything else in pregnancy I guess), but now my fear is I will go I to labor, drive an hour to the hospital, and be turned away bc I am only 1cm dilated. Or, I'll be admitted and not progress and they'll try to give me a c section without listening to me about the cervical scar tissue. ORRR, the tissue will break, sending me into labor and I'll be already fully dilated behind the scar and have the baby in the car!
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    I don't know if I'm dilated or not. My OB didn't check yesterday. Doesn't feel like anything is happening. I'm due in one week. I'm heading to the cottage again today and I'm staying until Sunday or Monday. If I go into labour, I have a 1.5hour ride to the hospital. I should be ok. :)
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Just got back from the doctor. I'm 100% effaced and still 1-2 cm dilated with the scar tissue really being the only thing there. We scheduled my induction for next Tuesday, 01/13 (night, so she will probably be born Wednesday, 01/14). I talked to her about my concerns and she agreed that they are legitimate and why we decided it's probably best to schedule it. Although she assured me that if the scar tissue breaks loose, I should still have plenty of time to get to the hospital. She thinks it's more likely I would go into labor and have painful contractions and that scar tissue still hangs on.

After we left I started having contractions again. 45-60 seconds long every 9-11 minutes for about an hour. Now they've stopped again.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    How exciting!!! I'm due Friday but it doesn't feel like anything is progressing. :/
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I finally caught up on y'all's posts! Hope you ladies are doing well! Baby Ben is a bit cranky, but is doing well. My incisions from my tubal & bladder repair are healing up. I'm 137lbs so I've got a ton of weight to lose. I can start working out in March. It's been quite a journey & I'll be excited to get into a routine again!
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Had my baby! Isla Rebecca was born 1/15/15 @ 11:58am weighing 7 lbs even and 19 inches long. Delivery was pretty quick. Went in at 5 am for my induction, got to a room at 6, got admissions done, hooked up to IV's. Pitocin at 7, water broken at 7:30, epidural at 8 and she was out in 3 pushes just before noon. :) Short and sweet. PP healing has been alot easier this time around than with my first... which I find strangely odd, but I'll take it! lol
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Aww she's beautiful. I found that post partum healing was easier the 2nd time around as well. Labor was 6hrs after my water broke with #1 & only 3 1/2 hrs with #2.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    Chelsea Grace was born on January 17th at 10am weighing in at 6lbs 11oz and 19" long. I went to the hospital at 7am and she was out at 10am. No time for an epidural or morphine. Did it the old fashioned way. It hurt like a mofo but I pulled through. DH was a superstar.

The doctors were amazed at how fast I progressed during labour considering it's my first baby. They also commented I was a good "pusher" and I had very strong abs. There was a medical student present at the birth and he thought that the natural birth was so easy that he would recommend to all of his patients that they deliver in this fashion. The OB looked at him crookedly and said that my case wasn't very common. LOL.

Anyhow, my PP healing is going well. I walked 1km yesterday. It felt great to get out of the house. I'm going to walk again tomorrow.

Chelsea is such a laid back baby. I'm in awe really. I hope things stay the way they are. LOL.

I tried nursing at the hospital, but we were having issues with the latch. I tried several times with no success. After two hours of full on crying, I wanted her to have some formula and I started pumping. I've been pumping lot's and giving her breast every feeding. We are still supplementing with formula. My supply is increasing a lot so I should be able to feed her about 75% breast milk and 25% formula in one day. I'll be happy with that ratio. I'm pleased that she got colostrum. :smile:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Congrats! That's great to hear! I also didn't have time to get an epidural like I did with my first. The pain was awful, but luckily labor was quick. I also pump & breastfeed. Since Ben was a preemie & was either tube fed or bottle fed, he prefers the bottle. He can go up to 3 days with refusing to nurse. Today he nursed about half the feelings, it really varies from day to day. Great job staying active after birth, it'll help a lot with healing. Enjoy your little one!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    It's been so awesome seeing everyone announce their baby's birth and seeing all the adorable new little baby faces!

Last time I posted was the night I went into labor. My contractions picked up as my husband was cooking dinner. So, I was eating ribeye steak, baked potato, and salad between contractions. I called the doctor after about a half hour and he told me to wait another half hour to see if they continued. After I hung up with him, the next contractions were 8 minutes apart. I was so paranoid about going to the hospital and being sent home.After an hour and 40 minutes of consistent contractions 5-6 minutes apart, we headed to the hospital.

When the nurse checked me in triage, we believe she popped the final little bit of scar tissue that was there. We got to the hospital at 8:45 pm and Lillian was born at 8:37 the next morning. I had an awesome labor and delivery. I pushed 7 times and took 37 minutes. It was the best experience of my life.

Lillian is a tiny thing, only 5lb 12.5 oz at birth, but she's gaining nicely. At her 2 week checkup last Wednesday, she was up to 6lb 5oz.

I nursed in the hospital and the first 2 days we were home. The second day we were home, she didn't poop at all so I decided to pump so I'd know how much she was getting. I felt really overwhelmed trying to pump enough so I decided to pump when I could or felt like it, and started formula too. I had a bit of the baby blues and pumping made me feel really poorly. I would get really nauseous, I had no appetite, and had diarrhea (tmi?). Lilly seemed to like the formula a lot better too so when she hit a week old, I put the pump away.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Congrats! I'm glad labor went well! And do what feels right for you. Pumping definitely sucks. Enjoy baby & hope you're able to get some rest! :)