Intermediate Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Congrats you guys! Please choose a punishment and post it sometime tomorrow. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1464795/weekly-winning-teams-and-mvps-trophy-case#latest
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm still here! I didn't get a chance to check-in Saturday because of my life spiraling out of control for the past week. Everything is good and quiet for the time being, which I'm thankful for. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still here :)
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great job this week! Keep up the good work!

♡ Kristy from Team Advanced / Daryl
  • michellewesley
    michellewesley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well Done everyone, we should be proud this week, hard work pays off
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! I was so happy to see our name at the top this morning :D
    Great job this week! Keep up the good work!

♡ Kristy from Team Advanced / Daryl

Thank you Kristy :)

Now as for a punishment......hmmm....
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I always appreciate a punishment that is related to the show and not too long, because my workouts are already preprogrammed and I don't like to add too much to them.

I'm going to suggest a video from Fitness Blender, only 8 minutes, that targets the core. You need a strong core so you can fight off those zombies with a heavy bow or katana! OK that's a stretch. I just like Fitness Blender.

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Abs-and-Obliques-Workout-The-4-Best-Abs-and-Obliques-Exercises/kc/
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Here's an awesome 10 minute zombie apocalypse workout I've been waiting to offer up as a punishment when we finally won a week!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoSh94PKZw0
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like both of those. Big Fitness Blender fan here, so I've done that video a time or several :D Either one is a fit punishment.
  • knitapeace
    Options
    Here's an awesome 10 minute zombie apocalypse workout I've been waiting to offer up as a punishment when we finally won a week!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoSh94PKZw0

Ooh I like that one too!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Sorry team ill probably end up under my numbers this week. Whole house has the flu :( my fever has been between 102 and 103.5 all day. Tomorrow is supposed to be our Thanksgiving too. Guests are no longer coming of course in fear of getting sick but my dad wants to carry on and do a small family only dinner. We're all sick so it won't hurt but I can't even fathom the idea of eating right now lol.

Hopefully this runs its course and ill get in exercise later in the week but I have a feeling I'm so sick I should take a few days to a week off even after symptoms subside.
  • knitapeace
    Options
    Oh no, so sorry that bug got you! And you were doing so great--always MVP! :( I hope you feel better very soon and get your Thanksgiving dinner another day.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't even see we won! Wow! Was very busy with the holiday. I'm not sure about the punishment but the Turkey work out Cindy posted looked fun.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Well, we are now down to 12 members and this week only Strangewebby didn't check in, so that is really impressive. Since we had a holiday, we couldn't come together for a consensus for a punishment. So, going with the fitnessblender option for this week seems like a good choice if we win this week. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't feel too bad if you over ate. You can kick it up a notch this week.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Weekly challenge is up. Results will be posted this evening. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1464792/weekly-challenge/p3
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    This is the last week - try to make it a great one!! Go all out!!!! I know its the holidays, but incorporating exercise is a great way not to backslide during this month.

Challenge each other!!
  • knitapeace
    Options
    It's such a relief to be back "on track" with calories after letting things slide last week. I had to answer "no" on calories due to Thanksgiving and my birthday. I kept working out, but I could definitely tell a difference in my body with all the extra calories and more fat than I was used to. I'm looking forward to scoring 300 again this week!
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Woo we got second place!
  • knitapeace
    Options
    I usually avoid the scale but I did check the damage after Thanksgiving/Bday and saw a gain of about 3 lbs, which were gone when I checked again this morning. Yay! I definitely let the hydration slide along with the calorie counting, and being back at tracking along with drinking plenty of water is making me feel back to normal again. I'm on track for a good score this week.

Question about the second half of the season: will the time requirements continue to rise each week? I am pretty happy with the amount of exercising I do right now, and while I enjoy adding a little weekend punishment I don't want to continue if the requirements are going to exceed my abilities. But I guess that's why they call it a "challenge," eh?
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I posted this on the scoreboard, but I am WAY short on strength this week. I have been sick with a terrible cough for two weeks and couldn't go to either of my classes this week. I've had overages that I've shared every week, so if anyone has any they can throw my way this week I would be so grateful!
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Just posted on scoreboard. Sorry I didn't do as well on this challenge as I thought I could. I look forward to the second half of the season. I will try again to hit it hard without the distractions of getting married and holidays.
    The challenge did keep me focused enough during such a hectic time in my life that I avoided binge eating, didn't gain any weight and I even lost 8 pounds.
    Thanks for being such a great team!

Week 8 Intermediate/Michonne
    Cardio: 113/150
    Strength: 49/85
    Calories within goal for the week: no
    Challenge: Video yes, burpees yes