Fall Feast Challenge

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    So I tried one of the dozens of pumpkin and fall-themed treats available at Trader Joe's -- this is TJ's "Mini Ginger Pumpkin Ice Cream Mouthfuls." Nice but nothing spectacular; I do like gingerbread and the combo with pumpkin ice cream is nice (but again, nothing too special).

xww4g113ws9h.jpg

One thing that really resonated though for some reason, was the color scheme. It reminded me of something that I had trouble placing, but was familiar and also top of mind . . .

ug90cfyfi5j4.png

(sorry, Kruggeri!)

Ok thanks - glad I didn't bother with those.
  • Francl27
    edited October 2014
    Options
    October 1 - apple cinnamon oatmeal
    October 2 - apple cinnamon oatmeal
    October 3 - pumpkin ricotta pancakes
    October 4 - apple cinnamon oatmeal, butternut squash soup
    October 5 - pumpkin spice cannoli French toast
    October 6 - pumpkin pie oatmeal
    October 7 - butternut squash soup
    October 8 - pumpkin ricotta 'pudding'
    October 9 - pumpkin cannoli French toast, Dannon apple pie Greek yogurt
    October 10 - pumpkin ricotta pancakes
    October 11 - apple cinnamon almond oatmeal
    October 12 - YoCrunch pumpkin pie yogurt, apple caramel crisp, roasted turkey and sweet potato fries
    October 13 - pumpkin spice cannoli French toast, Trader Joe's caramel pumpkin kringle
    October 14 - Trader Joe's caramel pumpkin kringle, Trader Joe's iced pumpkin scone cookie, TJ pumpkin biscotti
    October 15 - TJ pumpkin biscotti, TJ pumkin waffles
    October 16 - pumpkin spice French toast, Tj pumpkin Greek yogurt
    October 17 - apple caramel cinnamon oatmeal, TJ pumpkin biscotti
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Day One: Hershey Kiss Pumpkin Spice
    Day Two: Same
    Day Three: Same
    Day Four: Same
    Day Five: Pumpkin Spice bagel, Hershey Kiss Pumpkin Spice/Hershey Candy Corn Mini Bar, & Pumpkin Spice Oreo
    Day Six: The same mostly except with my bagel I had some Jif Pumpkin Pie Whips (not a big fan of the whips in general)
    Day Seven: The same except going to use some Jif Whips Maple Brown Sugar on my bagel
    Day Eight: The same
    Day Nine: The same
    Day Ten: Pumpkin Noosa with some graham crackers crushed in it.
    Day Eleven: Pumpkin Spice Bagel with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese & later some Halloween candy. The Milky Way Caramel Apple is so good.
    Day Twelve: Pumpkin Spice Bagel, two rice cakes with Pumpkin Marshmallows & some Jif Whips Pumpkin Spice, & a few pieces of Halloween candy.
    Day Thirteen: Market Pantry Pumpkin Cream Cheese cookie, Fiber One Peppermint Fudge bar (actually doesn't taste too bad & is only sold at Wal-Mart), Pumpkin Spice Oreo, Milky Way Caramel Apple, & Hershey Kiss Pumpkin Pie Spice.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    So I tried one of the dozens of pumpkin and fall-themed treats available at Trader Joe's -- this is TJ's "Mini Ginger Pumpkin Ice Cream Mouthfuls." Nice but nothing spectacular; I do like gingerbread and the combo with pumpkin ice cream is nice (but again, nothing too special).

xww4g113ws9h.jpg

One thing that really resonated though for some reason, was the color scheme. It reminded me of something that I had trouble placing, but was familiar and also top of mind . . .

ug90cfyfi5j4.png

(sorry, Kruggeri!)

Grrrrr......

• Francl27
    Options
    I FOUND IT! Pumpkin pie Talenti. Shop Rite finally had it in stock. That's my breakfast for tomorrow (don't judge). Maybe with some pumpkin waffles.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    October 9th: Toffee Apple from Graze
    October 10th: Steal Cut Oats cooked with pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and dried cranberries
    October 11th: Sweet Potato & Cranberry Hash w/Eggs, Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
    October 12th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, a homemade Pumpkin Snickerdoodle, a bottle of Pumpkin Wheat Beer from Top Shock, and a bowl of homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream (and my peanut butter was chocolate and coconut flavored, so it's even better!)
    October 13th: Pumpkin Scone, Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, Pumpkin Scalloped Potatoes, Pumpkin Wheat Beer from Top Shock, Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream
    October 14th: Pumpkin Scones, Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream
    October 15th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, Half a Pumpkin Scone, and a YoCrunch Yogurt w/M&Ms that came decorated in Halloween packaging
    October 16th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and a YoCrunch Yogurt w/M&Ms that came decorated in Halloween packaging
    October 17th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
  • Francl27
    Options
    October 12 - YoCrunch pumpkin pie yogurt, apple caramel crisp, roasted turkey and sweet potato fries
    October 13 - pumpkin spice cannoli French toast, Trader Joe's caramel pumpkin kringle
    October 14 - Trader Joe's caramel pumpkin kringle, Trader Joe's iced pumpkin scone cookie, TJ pumpkin biscotti
    October 17 - apple caramel cinnamon oatmeal, TJ pumpkin biscotti, TJ iced pumkin scone cookies

October 18 - I was up starving at 2am and couldn't sleep and ate the whole pint of Talenti pumpkin pie. Oops. Good but very disappointed in the amount of mix-ins. Won't buy again (plus clearly I need a break with ice cream).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    MrM cover your eyes.

So one of the very few flavor preferences that MrM and I don't share is that I LOVE cinnamon. And I really really love cinnamon ice cream. Tonight I had Cinnamon Butter Pecan at a local ice cream joint here. It was incredible. Much better than the one I had the other day, and that one was really really good.

be13b654-42bd-4f7d-b95c-f251830f0a32_zps50013759.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Oh I am such a sucker for cinnamon ice cream....
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    October 10th: Steal Cut Oats cooked with pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and dried cranberries
    October 11th: Sweet Potato & Cranberry Hash w/Eggs, Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
    October 12th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, a homemade Pumpkin Snickerdoodle, a bottle of Pumpkin Wheat Beer from Top Shock, and a bowl of homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream (and my peanut butter was chocolate and coconut flavored, so it's even better!)
    October 13th: Pumpkin Scone, Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, Pumpkin Scalloped Potatoes, Pumpkin Wheat Beer from Top Shock, Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream
    October 15th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, Half a Pumpkin Scone, and a YoCrunch Yogurt w/M&Ms that came decorated in Halloween packaging
    October 16th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and a YoCrunch Yogurt w/M&Ms that came decorated in Halloween packaging
    October 18th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and a piece of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Day One: Hershey Kiss Pumpkin Spice
    Day Two: Same
    Day Three: Same
    Day Four: Same
    Day Five: Pumpkin Spice bagel, Hershey Kiss Pumpkin Spice/Hershey Candy Corn Mini Bar, & Pumpkin Spice Oreo
    Day Six: The same mostly except with my bagel I had some Jif Pumpkin Pie Whips (not a big fan of the whips in general)
    Day Seven: The same except going to use some Jif Whips Maple Brown Sugar on my bagel
    Day Eight: The same
    Day Nine: The same
    Day Ten: Pumpkin Noosa with some graham crackers crushed in it.
    Day Eleven: Pumpkin Spice Bagel with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese & later some Halloween candy. The Milky Way Caramel Apple is so good.
    Day Twelve: Pumpkin Spice Bagel, two rice cakes with Pumpkin Marshmallows & some Jif Whips Pumpkin Spice, & a few pieces of Halloween candy.
    Day Thirteen: Market Pantry Pumpkin Cream Cheese cookie, Fiber One Peppermint Fudge bar (actually doesn't taste too bad & is only sold at Wal-Mart), Pumpkin Spice Oreo, Milky Way Caramel Apple, & Hershey Kiss Pumpkin Pie Spice.
    Day Fourteen: Brownie Sundae at Longhorn
    Day Fifteen: Halloween candy & cookies
  • Francl27
    Options
    October 17 - apple caramel cinnamon oatmeal, TJ pumpkin biscotti, TJ iced pumkin scone cookies
    October 18 - Talenti pumpkin pie

October 19 - sweet potato fries. That's going to have to be it.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    MrM cover your eyes.

So one of the very few flavor preferences that MrM and I don't share is that I LOVE cinnamon. And I really really love cinnamon ice cream. Tonight I had Cinnamon Butter Pecan at a local ice cream joint here. It was incredible. Much better than the one I had the other day, and that one was really really good.

be13b654-42bd-4f7d-b95c-f251830f0a32_zps50013759.jpg

This is going to send me on a search for cinnamon ice cream -- love it!

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Day 1: Candy Corn
    Day 2: Fall colored M&Ms
    Day 3: Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses
    Day 4: Fresh made Bierwagen's apple fritters with cider cinnamon glaze, washed down with the cider that's only available during October. One of the fall flavors I look forward to the most every year!
    Day 5: Entenmann's (sp?) classic cake style pumpkin doughnut. Also, butternut squash risotto made with turkey stock I had in the freezer from last year. Didn't use the right kind of rice (just used what was on hand) and it was my first attempt, but I'm in love; it was delicious.
    Day 6: 1/2 each pumpkin chocolate chip and cranberry orange muffins. $6 for a dozen @ Safeway/Vons. They have fantastic seasonal baked goods there for really cheap. Apple turnovers, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, spice cookies and muffins...yum.
    Day 7: Repeat days 5 and 6
    Day 8: Repeat day 7 and add in cider from day 4
    Holy moly! Between the updates and a vacation I've slouched out bad on posting! I wont do a day by day because I have the memory of a goldfish, but I've had some tasty treats...Maple Bacon cookies (Betty Crocker(?) easy mix stuff), some homemade pumpkin muffins from the Moose Lodge bake sale (old ladies pwn the kitchen!), assorted Halloween candy from the festive bowl in the house, Pumpkin Spice Oreos(Whaaat?! So good!), and I also have all the following things on hand now too (still can't find the pumpkin gelato I've seen mentioned though...)
    2014_10_19_12_24_30.jpg
    And I haven't tried these, but saw them in a magazine...
    2014_10_19_12_33_45.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Meant to tone down my calorie intake - but I am putting that off until Monday. Boozy Friday and Saturday, and now a Sunday brunch. Some brown sugar / maple syrup coated thick-cut bacon -- so syrup-y it makes you want to brush your teeth after one bite.

2fven8xi8veu.jpg

And a "Reposado Maria" plus a bottomless mimosa (tequila-based bloody mary and lots of sparkling wine+OJ).

n192uvm3vtos.jpg

And a "Joe's Scramble" with some fresh-baked sourdough. A very, very comfortable Sunday noon / afternoon. This all feels very "fall" to me - hope it fits in the fall feast thread (I considered posting in the savory thread).

1e9y6m0m1hae.jpg

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    October 1 - Apple Crisp Cake Donut
    October 2 - Apple Crisp Cake Donut, Pumpkin Spice Oreo
    October 3 - Pumpkin Pie Fundae (Soft serve ice cream with a pumpkin puree and crumbled graham cracker)
    October 4 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Spice Oreo
    October 5 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Apple Crisp Cake Donut, Dannon Greek Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt, Jell-O Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
    October 6 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin
    October 7 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin
    October 8 - Tastykake Pumpkin Pie, Apple Square
    October 9 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Apple Square & Sweet Potato Chili!
    October 10 - Dannon Greek Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt, Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin, Jell-O Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
    October 11 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin
    October 12 - Turkey Hill Ice Cream Seasonal Favorite - Whoopie Pie
    October 13 - Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin, Turkey Hill Ice Cream Seasonal Favorite - Whoopie Pie
    October 14 - Pumpkin Noosa & Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin
    October 15 - Wawa - The Gobbler
    October 16 - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
    October 17 - Jell-O Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
    October 18 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Herr's Candy Corn Coated Pretzel Pumpkins
    October 19 - Dannon Greek Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt, Turkey Hill Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    October 18th: Coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and a piece of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
    October 19th: Homemade Pumpkin Doughnuts and a piece of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Day 1: Pumpkin Spice Coffee mate Creamer
    Day 2: Pumpkin spice and toasted almond gelato
    Day 3: Reese's Miniatures
    Day 4: Pioneer Woman Halloween Bark
    Day 5: Dairy Queen Oreo Ice Cream Cake and more Halloween Bark
    Day 6: Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake I also had a piece of pumpkin bread from the same bakery.
    Day 7: Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake, Pumpkin Spice Creamer in my coffee
    Day 8: Pumpkin Spice Creamer in my coffee, 1/2 serving each pumpkin gelato and toasted almond gelato
    Day 9: Pumpkin spice Oreo and Caramel Corn (with my white wine - one of my favorite combinations!)
    Day 10: Cinnamon sugar doughnut holes with maple bacon whipped cream
    Day 11: Pumpkin Spice M&Ms and Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale
    Day 12: pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee and caramel corn after dinner
    Day 13: Noosa Pumpkin Yogurt, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, Pumpkin Spice Creamer
    Day 14: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, a Reese's Miniature
    Day 15: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, Rolo's from the Halloween stash at work, Pumpkin and Toasted Almond Gelato
    Day 16: Pumpkin Spice Creamer and a S'Mores Shake from Steak n Shake (really yummy with big pieces of graham cracker and a marshmallow swirl)
    Day 17: Pumpkin Spice Creamer and a Pumpkin Spice Oreo after dinner (which was grilled cheese and meatball minestrone - very fall-ish)
    Day 18: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, Harvest Pumpkin Ale, and some break and bake cookies: Halloween Chocolate Chip with Orange Morsels and Pumpkin Spice Cookies with white chips.
    f737ce58-36e1-43e0-80e7-eb4c66353091_zps14cb37ae.jpg
    Day 19: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, Pumpkin Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts, and some of the Pumpkin Spice Cookies.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Those cookies look amazing.

October 18 - Talenti pumpkin pie
    October 19 - sweet potato fries

October 20 - pumpkin oatmeal, 2 pumpkin spice M&Ms (ok), 2 candy corn M&Ms (really like those)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 20-- cadbury screme egg and creamy spinach tomato tortellini